Diamond Photos

I have a question about the free Diamond photos and multiple rooms.  We recently got off Odyssey and DH an I were both entitled to a free photo.  Our kids were in a connecting room, and we learned that you have to be 21 or older for a free photo.

Thus, from DH and my room:  I signed on using my Sea Pass and picked one (sent to my email) and DH picked one using his Sea Pass card (sent to my email)

Our kids room has mostly the same photos but they had a few additional ones (I guess we sometimes gave their room number when getting the pictures taken)

When we returned from the cruise, i got an email about our photos being available for 30 days. When I view them, the photo that I picked has the Download button  , but the rest are greyed out.

1. Will DH's photo come in another email?  They did say it would take 4-7 days.  Or is this the email that they send, and we did something wrong?
  2. Is there a way to see the photos for our kids room?  Or in future, we should only use our room number when taking photos? 

Note:  Not to confuse things but when we selected photos, we thought our 14 year old was entitled as well so we selected our third choice and then when realized she didn't get one, they had to fix it manually so wondering if this messed up DH's free photo....as not sure what is normal process for receiving them.

I can't answer your question but I have a question for you: Are you still able to receive a print, or are the Diamond photos only available as downloads now?

It is interesting that you are able to purchase digital photos for 30 days after the cruise, we had always been told that we have to buy on the ship as all photos are gone as soon as the cruise ends. This is a welcome change. 

6 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Are you still able to receive a print, or are the Diamond photos only available as downloads now?

We got free prints on Allure in October.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

I can't answer your question but I have a question for you: Are you still able to receive a print, or are the Diamond photos only available as downloads now?

It is interesting that you are able to purchase digital photos for 30 days after the cruise, we had always been told that we have to buy on the ship as all photos are gone as soon as the cruise ends. This is a welcome change. 

It was an option to get an actual print out or a digital.  I create photobooks when we return, so wanted the digital copy.

This is our first cruise as Diamond so can only comment from this experience.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fatbird said:

We got free prints on Harmony in December. I like prints better than digital.

In hindsight, maybe we should have gone with that. At least you walk off the ship with the photos. I'll probably have tocall them and ask about our missing photo. Unfortunately our kids picked it out, and I don't remember which one we went with . 

Edited by LuCruise

If I'm reading this correctly, we can now receive a digital copy of our free Diamond photo? We are going on a family cruise in March. We'll have 8 family members total in 4 cabins. Most of the family are first-time cruisers so they have no status with C&A. My wife and I are Diamond. Will we be able to have a family photo taken, ask for a digital copy of it and then print out multiple copies at home to share with the family?

2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks. I think DH may have put my email so maybe that confused the system?

Ok that is a bit a different.  We had one, Ovation I think,  where DW listed my email and it got screwed up and never showed up.  I'd contact C&A about it. I think they will forward your concern to the ship.  Hopefully that will fix it.

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Ok that is a bit a different.  We had one, Ovation I think,  where DW listed my email and it got screwed up and never showed up.  I'd contact C&A about it. I think they will forward your concern to the ship.  Hopefully that will fix it.

Good to know. Thanks for sharing that you had same issue. Will call Royal. 

Do NOT use the same email for two people with Diamond photos.  If you do then one photo will be highlighted as a favorite and the second will be an additional purchase credit.  To get both photos:

https://photo.rccl.com/login

Usually my password doesn't work so I have to do a password reset at this site.

Download the one you picked on the ship with the email owner, then select the additional one from the greyed out ones.  Make that a favorite, then you will be given the option to purchase it.  You already have a purchase credit in the upper left corner, but it isn't obvious.  Purchase the second photo and then download.

In general you can only get a free Diamond picture if a Diamond member is in the photo.  So group photos work but pictures of only people in the other cabins don't work.  And for two Diamond members you have to log on separately to buy these.

Also found out on Odyssey that IFly pictures are NOT included and cost minimum of $35 each.

7 hours ago, LeeW said:

Also found out on Odyssey that IFly pictures are NOT included and cost minimum of $35 each.

This must have changed in the last couple of years, we did IFly on Anthem in 2021 and used our free photos for the pics. Another cutback!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeeW said:

Do NOT use the same email for two people with Diamond photos.  If you do then one photo will be highlighted as a favorite and the second will be an additional purchase credit.  To get both photos:

https://photo.rccl.com/login

Usually my password doesn't work so I have to do a password reset at this site.

Download the one you picked on the ship with the email owner, then select the additional one from the greyed out ones.  Make that a favorite, then you will be given the option to purchase it.  You already have a purchase credit in the upper left corner, but it isn't obvious.  Purchase the second photo and then download.

In general you can only get a free Diamond picture if a Diamond member is in the photo.  So group photos work but pictures of only people in the other cabins don't work.  And for two Diamond members you have to log on separately to buy these.

Thanks. Definitely will use separate emails next time. 

The other photos have an unlock option. Do you mean if I go in there, then I can "purchase" it but it won't charge. (It's one of two photos but I don't remember which one my kids picked).  I don't want to actually pay for it at $35 each. 

And yeah, I heard you must be in the free photo. Our family of 4 is in each do luckily that's not an issue. But wonder how they would know?

I ended up calling Royal yesterday.  It went to Resolutions and they said they will email me .  Let's see. 

P.S. Our son did iFly but I don't even remember a photographer... Vs there was one on a past cruise on Anthem 

Edited by LuCruise

5 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks. Definitely will use separate emails next time. 

The other photos have an unlock option. Do you mean if I go in there, then I can "purchase" it but it won't charge. (It's one of two photos but I don't remember which one my kids picked).  I don't want to actually pay for it at $35 each. 

And yeah, I heard you must be in the free photo. Our family of 4 is in each do luckily that's not an issue. But wonder how they would know?

I ended up calling Royal yesterday.  It went to Resolutions and they said they will email me .  Let's see. 

P.S. Our son did iFly but I don't even remember a photographer... Vs there was one on a past cruise on Anthem 

Ifly photos can't be used for the free D photos.  They have to be purchased at ifly

• Like 1