New Vessel ordered for the Carnival Group with Fincantieri.

Despegue

A  first of a new class of ships has been ordered with Fincantieri last week by Carnival corp.

Measuring 208.000 tons, she will be the largest vessel of the whole Carnival group. It is currently not known with whom she will sail, but it is expected that it will be Carnival Cruises.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Despegue said:

A  first of a new class of ships has been ordered with Fincantieri last week by Carnival corp.

Measuring 208.000 tons, she will be the largest vessel of the whole Carnival group. It is currently not known with whom she will sail, but it is expected that it will be Carnival Cruises.

My updated guess is Princess.

Edited by BlerkOne

No thank you

The next series that the shipyard and owner are negotiating will be able to accommodate over 9,500 people, including 7,000 passengers and over 2,500 crew members. The arrival of the first unit in the series is expected between the end of 2028 and the beginning of 2029.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Despegue said:

The Chinese market vessels will be built in China . 

Yes. That was the only market where I saw a potential 208,000 ton ship, until this article which appears to be a supersized Princess design.

33 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

No thank you

The next series that the shipyard and owner are negotiating will be able to accommodate over 9,500 people, including 7,000 passengers and over 2,500 crew members. The arrival of the first unit in the series is expected between the end of 2028 and the beginning of 2029.

I agree with you 100%. If this is accurate, 7,000 passengers is way too much for me. I will gladly stick with Vista class and smaller. Besides, these ships get so big that the only ports that can accomodate them are the Nassaus, Cozumels and San Juans of the Caribbean. Lots of people visiting the same ol' ports.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Despegue said:

I don’t see Princess needing such a large vessel though… 

I don't see any Carnival brand needing such a vessel. or Carnival switching back to Fincantieri. The ship pictured in the article, is Discovery Princess, though.

The translated article certainly implies 2 of the 4 to Carnival itself. 7,000 guests would be more than 1500 greater than the Excel Class.

Um, no thanks.

• Like 1

Aloha. Thank you for the information. I am thinking that notwithstanding the financial issues cruise lines face, they need to order ships for the purpose of securing shipyard space. It is possible they may not be certain as to which of the subsidiary companies will have them.  Thank you again.

1 hour ago, stobe1 said:

I agree with you 100%. If this is accurate, 7,000 passengers is way too much for me. I will gladly stick with Vista class and smaller. Besides, these ships get so big that the only ports that can accomodate them are the Nassaus, Cozumels and San Juans of the Caribbean. Lots of people visiting the same ol' ports.

Totally agree.  Approximately 12% bigger than XL Class ships with almost 30% more passengers 🤪

3 hours ago, Despegue said:

oh no Carnival Corp building a monstrosity of the Seas equivalent? Say it isn't so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stobe1 said:

+1 for me. I tend to follow the Spirit class ships around. We are going to grow old together 😉 . But I did find the Panorama to be acceptable but no bigger than that. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

Looks like Carnival is building their version of icon of the seas

That's preposterous. They said they would never do that. Never say never! If that's what attracts the majority of your clientele, you build it.

All these haters and complainers in here smh it's kinda funny tbh y'all are pressed as hell huh. 😂

Don't like it or the size? Don't sail it. 🤷 Simple. Keep the complaints to yourselves though. 

I for one am excited for the announcement if indeed it is a new Carnival ship and series of them. I've been wondering when they might order new ones given the completion and delivery of the Jubilee last month.

• Like 1