LIVE 💎 Jewel 💎 of the Seas - Southern Caribbean 1/20/24

“The Deck”

IMG_1594.thumb.jpeg.6e42d76a9f93b38cc17a7811e870ec7c.jpeg

Infinity pool in front of the loungers looks like glass

IMG_1596.thumb.jpeg.1b9eb3b254075714eab78644f462c1f5.jpeg

Love the dog statue!!!

Cabana area is nice.  I inquired yesterday but it was $450 for the day.  Included included full bar and food service and a bottle of champagne or something we weren’t into.  Wasn’t worth it to us.

IMG_1593.thumb.jpeg.a1e589e493bd2b6d3fa0a0706290cc65.jpeg

• Like 6

Onboard just before the 11:30.  Embarkation could have been smoother and faster but not terrible.  There was a large group ahead of us in the suites/pins line using birth certificates that had an issue slowing things up.  Then after that in the x ray line we were next up and the machine malfunctioned so we had to pick everything off the belt and get back into line. I’ll have to check my time stamps on my pics but it felt like about 25 minutes to get on the ship start to finish.  Still not bad and still ahead of schedule.  

IMG_1603.thumb.jpeg.c696b3414f6a1477de83ac9a32dfa73c.jpeg

IMG_1604.thumb.jpeg.0d908d221a2a09ffe1a00adfc41cc9ac.jpeg

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 10

Backtracking a bit regarding the Uber ride.  

When I pre scheduled it in the app the destination somehow got translated into Pier 2 OSJ even though I typed Pan American into the destination field.

There was definitely a language barrier with the driver & my high school/college spanish classes came into play a bit.  

We worked through it and got to the right place with minimal time lost.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Onboard just before the 11:30.  Embarkation could have been smoother and faster but not terrible.  There was a large group ahead of us in the suites/pins line using birth certificates that had an issue slowing things up.  Then after that in the x ray line we were next up and the machine malfunctioned so we had to pick everything off the belt and get back into line. I’ll have to check my time stamps on my pics but it felt like about 25 minutes to get on the ship start to finish.  Still not bad and still ahead of schedule.  

IMG_1603.thumb.jpeg.c696b3414f6a1477de83ac9a32dfa73c.jpeg

IMG_1604.thumb.jpeg.0d908d221a2a09ffe1a00adfc41cc9ac.jpeg

So envious, transatlantic last year on Jewel was my first Royal cruise, and so perfect. I get goosebumps imagining I'm there boarding!

A favor, if you can, in the entrance hallway to the Windjammer, is artwork of sailboats, what is the name of the artist? Thank you and I hope you have the best time ever. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

So envious, transatlantic last year on Jewel was my first Royal cruise, and so perfect. I get goosebumps imagining I'm there boarding!

A favor, if you can, in the entrance hallway to the Windjammer, is artwork of sailboats, what is the name of the artist? Thank you and I hope you have the best time ever. 

No worries I’ll check for that

• Thanks 1

Cabins ready right at 1pm.  GS is beautiful.  I love the layout.  The sliders are double which I don’t remember from our last time on Jewel in 2019.  Maybe it’s a nuance with our specific cabin.  

IMG_1625.thumb.jpeg.7bbb138b831312c2e08890a2f6cfe184.jpeg

IMG_1610.thumb.jpeg.25c487e92052e1d48d8d19ad2dee9864.jpeg

IMG_1611.thumb.jpeg.fd208330d5dc0b12c36ba3e93c8476da.jpeg

IMG_1613.thumb.jpeg.90db23292613ffa1aac3f866425256c7.jpeg

IMG_1616.thumb.jpeg.ebad0b226efd54bfa17209df8a2743d2.jpeg

IMG_1617.thumb.jpeg.0eb404daa1268a7d6246f9f24d3ff2f7.jpeg

Balcony on the hump

IMG_1620.thumb.jpeg.fefa876bb338a91003a1481045cc30f9.jpeg

IMG_1619.thumb.jpeg.04c97bb6f02b45eccfdf3bf6ce0e5c9d.jpeg

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 16

17 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

PSA - only click on this video if you want to be singing this song to yourself at random times throughout the day for no apparent reason for at least a month 🤪🤪

No way I'm going to open that. I can read between the lines. 😜

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Tobago is another story. Lots and lots of private tour guides wanting your business at the port gate. Lots to see (island tour), Argyle waterfall is a great little hike/walk and swim/climb. Buccoo Reef snorkelling and Pigeon Point Beach are highlights, however all tourists go there. I thought Buccoo Reef was over-stated... snorkelling was underwhelming, but the beach is gorgeous (but far from port 50min). knowing both options I really enjoyed the island tour... driving, scenery, lunch at a beach, photo ops, hike/swim waterfall.... great day!

Do you remember who you used for the Tobago island tour? Did you arrange in advance or find a guide at the port?

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Coconut Mojito

This is my go-to cocktail as well! Too bad they don't have the shaved coconut like most Boleros on other ships (I say "most" because Oasis and Odyssey did not have the shaved coconut in Boleros either which is b.s. considering it's one of their signature drinks). If you enjoy the coconut syrup and wish to try something new/different, head up to the Schooner Bar and order a rum old fashioned sometime

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Received our D+ pins on this one 🎉😎🎉

Congrats!! Bon voyage Steel City 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Do you remember who you used for the Tobago island tour? Did you arrange in advance or find a guide at the port?

This is for SteelCity as well if you wish to grab your phone for a few minutes for some research while you''re sitting on your balcony.... islandexperiencestt dot com

They offer both Trinidad & Tobago tours. I did the mini-tour in Trinidad (meh), and a private circle island tour in Tobago (great!). The other two times at both ports I joined a group of fellow cruisers (from that other social media site) that pre-arranged Maracas and Bucco Reef. 

However, both ports (especially Tobago) had a ton of taxi/tour drivers wanting your business, so no need to prebook.

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Thanks 3