USA to Singapore

FlaMariner

47 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Does anyone know what average prices are from east coast USA to Singapore in Business class?  December 2024 / January 2025?  I’m looking at JAL and a few others at $9,000 right now.   For two passengers.  Round trip.  Wondering if that is normal?  We have to go to Bali but I’ll look if I can get an add on one way flight.

This is one of the ways that using airline awards make a *huge* difference! 🙂 

We flew specifically to Newark so we could experience that then-longest non-stop flight, Newark to Singapore.  That route didn't have F, but it had Business class, and we had a *very* comfortable flight.  One could fly on Singapore in F, from JFK to Singapore instead, but that makes a stop in FRA, so it takes longer.  That's the route that has (or at least, had) their inviting F class suites, although I'm not sure if they still allow ticketing using awards for that.

They have a "Book The Cook" option, so we ate VERY well indeed, and we slept well, too.

I just took a quick look at Business class on the Singapore airlines website, on that non-stop from Newark, and it looked like approximately $10k per person round trip, depending upon dates.  Another site showed that other airlines were somewhat less, but they took much longer, varying with the routing and length of connections.

(F, from JFK to Singapore, is about $23k round trip.)

GC

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

Details needed.

Is that $9000 per person or is it $4500 each?

Exactly what routing are your looking for?  Where does DPS fit in with your SIN flights?  An open jaw might be what you need, but unclear.

What "east coast" are you talking about?

When are you flying, and for how long?

Where are you looking for pricing?

Does anyone know what average prices are from east coast USA to Singapore in Business class?  December 2024 / January 2025?  I’m looking at JAL and a few others at $9,000 right now.   For two passengers.  Round trip.  Wondering if that is normal?  We have to go to Bali but I’ll look if I can get an add on one way flight.

$9000 for two passengers would make it $4500 a person.

RDU-DPS-SIN-RDU

East Coast USA.  Raleigh, NC, USA

December 2024 / January 2025 - 12/22/24 to 1/14/25

Airline websites.  Orbitz.  Kayak.

As a reminder, I'm looking for opinions as to whether or not $4500 per person to fly from Raleigh, NC, USA to Singapore is normal for that time of the year 12/22/24 to 1/14/25.

Edited by zitsky

31 minutes ago, zitsky said:

$9000 for two passengers would make it $4500 a person.

For all we knew, you might have meant that you were seeing $9000 per person when searching for two passengers. And why do we have to do the mental arithmetic?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Globaliser said:

For all we knew, you might have meant that you were seeing $9000 per person when searching for two passengers. And why do we have to do the mental arithmetic?

I know I’m asking for help and I’m searching on my own, but I went back to my post and it’s right there.  $9000 for two passengers.  I don’t know how else to write it.

38 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I know I’m asking for help and I’m searching on my own, but I went back to my post and it’s right there.  $9000 for two passengers.  I don’t know how else to write it.

How about a clear "$4500 per person"?

Interesting...I plugged your dates into Kayak and didn't get those numbers for RDU-SIN.  And JAL won't sell a ticket for those dates.  Wondering how you get those numbers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

How about a clear "$4500 per person"?

Interesting...I plugged your dates into Kayak and didn't get those numbers for RDU-SIN.  And JAL won't sell a ticket for those dates.  Wondering how you get those numbers.

Air Canada is selling the itinerary.  I plugged in YYZ and YOW for round trip to SIN and got a price of about CAD 10,800 (approximately USD 8,000.  I figure Ontario to SIN is not all that much diferent than RDU to SIN for price comparison purposes.  So, I'd say, on the face of things, USD 4,500 is a very good price for the trip at this time.  

How the poster adtually found these prices and could actually purchase tickets, I don't know.... just commenting on the pricing.

Edited by d9704011

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Air Canada is selling the itinerary.  I plugged in YYZ and YOW for round trip to SIN and got a price of about CAD 10,800 (approximately USD 8,000.  I figure Ontario to SIN is not all that much diferent than RDU to SIN for price comparison purposes.  So, I'd say, on the face of things, USD 4,500 is a very good price for the trip at this time.  

How the poster adtually found these prices and could actually purchase tickets, I don't know.... just commenting on the pricing.

Thanks for that info.  I appreciate it.  

I am not a frequent flyer, so I, just went to the airline websites?   How else do people get prices?

18 hours ago, zitsky said:

Does anyone know what average prices are from east coast USA to Singapore in Business class?

Not understanding all these very high prices...and clueless about average prices...but.......I suggest you go to Singapore airlines and look at RDU to SIN...

I just booked ATL to SIN (via JFK) in business class (JFK - SIN) and the ticket is $1,157.  We travel in October. 

12 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

I just booked ATL to SIN (via JFK) in business class (JFK - SIN) and the ticket is $1,157.  We travel in October. 

That seems like a bargain for business class. On the Singapore Airlines website I can see almost exactly that price for premium economy.

51 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

That seems like a bargain for business class. On the Singapore Airlines website I can see almost exactly that price for premium economy.

Uh, yeah. I know it's a different time of the year, but I recently booked MCI-ORD-HKG-SIN roundtrip in J for mid-March and it was like $12k. 

1 hour ago, Globaliser said:

Yes, that does not seem possible.  For business class to Asia, it is normally from $4300 and up. It has been this way since early last year on most part.  

Edited by rinshin

7 minutes ago, rinshin said:

For business class to Asia, it is normally from $4300 and up. It has been this way since early last year on most part.  

Usually a lot more than that. I was paying $6-8k for roundtrips between the US and East and Southeast Asia back in the late-2000s when I started making regular trips between the two. 

16 minutes ago, Zach1213 said:

Usually a lot more than that. I was paying $6-8k for roundtrips between the US and East and Southeast Asia back in the late-2000s when I started making regular trips between the two. 

We fly annually to Japan on business class, our 2/2023 flight via ANA was around $4300.  Going the other way, this year via United (no ANA to Amsterdam from USA) to Amsterdam close to that amount. 

Edited by rinshin

2 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Not understanding all these very high prices...and clueless about average prices...but.......I suggest you go to Singapore airlines and look at RDU to SIN...

I looked at your routing on SQ's webpage, and there were no business class tickets under $6000.  Did you book this directly with SQ?  Are you sure you are in business?

Edited by 6rugrats

2 hours ago, Globaliser said:

My bad...that's what we booked PREMIUM ECONOMY.   $1,156.80.

We always travel in steerage and this is our first time buying a higher class.....given the long flight.....As far as we are concerned, this is a major upgrade purchase for us.......

I would definitely do Singapore air.  They are better than the US airlines.  They do a better job of keeping the lavatories clean.  Their economy seats have extra legroom.  I just did an LAX to Singapore and Bali to LAX on Singapore Air in economy.  Long flights.  It is one of the better airlines that I have flown on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I would definitely do Singapore air.  They are better than the US airlines.  They do a better job of keeping the lavatories clean.  Their economy seats have extra legroom.  I just did an LAX to Singapore and Bali to LAX on Singapore Air in economy.  Long flights.  It is one of the better airlines that I have flown on.

My only problem is I can’t get United or Singapore Airlines to quote me a ticket from RDU.  I can only get a quote from EWR/JFK-SIN-DPS.

55 minutes ago, zitsky said:

My only problem is I can’t get United or Singapore Airlines to quote me a ticket from RDU.  I can only get a quote from EWR/JFK-SIN-DPS.

I had no trouble.  Easily gave me flights from RDU to DPS and back.  Gave me an open jaw into DPS and back from SIN.  And gave me a triangle trip filling in the DPS-SIN segment.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I wonder whether you're one day too early, for example if you need an onward flight to RDU that departs on the day after the long-haul from SIN, but the date of the long-haul is the last date that's within range today.

Of course, because you haven't said what dates you're looking at, that's just a wild guess. Otherwise, I too am having no trouble getting a quote out of the UA website for RDU-DPS and back.

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

I had no trouble.  Easily gave me flights from RDU to DPS and back.  Gave me an open jaw into DPS and back from SIN.  And gave me a triangle trip filling in the DPS-SIN segment.

Thanks for the replies.  Some airlines make it clear when it’s too early.  Some do not.

For the record for everyone my dates ARE

DEPARTURE    RDU-DPS 12/22/24 or 12/23/24

RETURN    SIN-RDU 1/14/25 or 1/15/25

@FlyerTalker How are you getting this information?  What dates are you using?  What is a triangle trip?

Singapore Airlines USA/English Website?

Phone app?

Third party?

I do realize the 330 day rule may apply.  And that could explain my failure.  If a website allows me to enter dates I mistakenly assume they are valid.  But whenever I use location of RDU I get no flights.  I’ll keep trying.  Yes I probably need to wait a few weeks.

Edited by zitsky

1 hour ago, Globaliser said:

I wonder whether you're one day too early, for example if you need an onward flight to RDU that departs on the day after the long-haul from SIN, but the date of the long-haul is the last date that's within range today.

Of course, because you haven't said what dates you're looking at, that's just a wild guess. Otherwise, I too am having no trouble getting a quote out of the UA website for RDU-DPS and back.

Maybe too early.  I was trying to do this through Singapore Airlines.  Because I’ve been told they don’t allow you to book the direct flights through United.com.  True / false?  I certainly don’t see them.  I’m trying to maximize time in J class.