Roof Top Grill reservation canceled via email from Celebrity?

MarkE

I got an email yesterday from Celebrity stating they have canceled all dining reservations in the Roof Top Grill on Feb, 11, 2024, please call us to change to another restaurant.  I called the number provided and was told they know nothing about this and my reservation is still showing as good.  They say they do not see that email to me from Celebrity.   I believe that somehow no one at Celebrity realized this is Super Bowl and they will probably need that area of the rooftop for large scree viewing.  I feel waitin until 2 weeks prior to cruise is a very short notice as ship is fully booked, and naturally every specialty dining venue has no openings.

Has anyone else sailing on the Apex Feb.10 cruise received this email?  I spoke with two reps both said reservation is good replied to email from person who wrote it Trevor, no response.  Any ideas if this is real.

@Ex-Airbalancer, Super Bowl…in the USA this is the final, Final football 🏈 championship game of the whole year. The good news (for all) is the ship will have a party atmosphere and usually serves little nibbles (I can’t spell hors de ourves!!!) at different venues on the ship. 

3 minutes ago, DingoMom said:

@Ex-Airbalancer, Super Bowl…in the USA this is the final, Final football 🏈 championship game of the whole year. The good news (for all) is the ship will have a party atmosphere and usually serves little nibbles (I can’t spell hors de ourves!!!) at different venues on the ship. 

Since it is in February wouldnt it be the first football championship game of year 🤔😁

Watching any of these pro games is boring 😴🥱

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Most games are ho hum...but an excuse for fans to party.

They  showcase  hi cost tv ads during breaks, and  recently bad half time shows!

(opinions will vary)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Since it is in February wouldnt it be the first football championship game of year 🤔😁

Watching any of these pro games is boring 😴🥱

But Usher is playing the half-time show this year!

I'm very excited, I'm not a big football fan, but I enjoy watching the sport. It will be exciting to be at an American Party for the game.  I wonder how it will compare to a Grey Cup party LOL 

We were on the Reflection and were booked and ate at the Lawn Grill during the Super Bowl.  The game was on the big screen but they were very few watching it from the lawn.  There was a Super Bowl watching party in the theater which was were many chose to watch the game, that had food and drink service.

On 1/25/2024 at 10:10 AM, MarkE said:

and naturally every specialty dining venue has no openings.

You should still be able to get a reservation if you try to book as soon as you board.  They hold some times for onboard booking.

On 1/25/2024 at 11:19 AM, cmaleblanc said:

But Usher is playing the half-time show this year!

I'm very excited, I'm not a big football fan, but I enjoy watching the sport. It will be exciting to be at an American Party for the game.  I wonder how it will compare to a Grey Cup party LOL 

"American singer Usher has a net worth of $250 million. Usher earns a whopping $10 million salary for his NFL Superbowl halftime performance. As per Forbes, Usher is one of the richest music artists in the world in 2023"   not too shabby for one show!

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

"American singer Usher has a net worth of $250 million. Usher earns a whopping $10 million salary for his NFL Superbowl halftime performance. As per Forbes, Usher is one of the richest music artists in the world in 2023"   not too shabby for one show!

What does this have to do with Celebrity canceling someone’s reservation?

45 minutes ago, Oville said:

What does this have to do with Celebrity canceling someone’s reservation?

prior post mentioned being excited about  Usher at halftime show.. I lokked up his name  and I thought this was interesting....sorry if it was not!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hcat said:

I find it hard to believe that the Super Bowl would pay someone $10,000,000 for a 10-15 minute performance. I did some checking and I found two instances where it was reported that the headliners were only paid for expenses and production costs, nothing else. The do it for the worldwide publicity. If you are impressed with Usher’s net worth, it’s chump change compared to Taylor Swift’s net worth oh $1,000,000,000 (billion). When she finishes up her second part of her world tour, this year, that’s supposed to put another $500,000,000 in her pocket. Not bad for a 34 year old.