All you commoners have lied to me!!!

Be sure to spend time the suite lounge, and have spirited conversations with other elites about your extensive travels, especially comparing which places you hated the most. Other topics include how well you've done with your investments, how busy life is traveling between your different homes and building new ones, how fascinating it is to collect expensive things. Golf. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

I do my best to warn people if you book a suite you will not want to book anything else , we did our first about ten years ago and have a total of 8 grand suites and 1 owners suite and all our celebrity cruises we in suites everything from sky to penthouse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tatka said:

Enjoy! I love when people find something so exciting for them. Exciting experience is much more than money.

Tell that to the bankruptcy court judge. 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

My wife has said if we ever fall into some money we will book a GS at least once. A side note we was in Jamaica on a excursion at a planation in line for a 5 course meal when 2 women in front of us were talking. One said I wonder what all the poor people are doing today. I said we are right here behind you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

22 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Various Ocean View, Inside, and Balcony 

Next cruise - 2BR GS

Next cruise - Balcony

Next cruise - Ocean view

Next cruise - Inside

Next cruise - Ocean view

Next cruise - Ocean view

Next cruise - Balcony

Next cruise - Balcony

Next cruise - Balcony

Next cruise - Ocean view

Next cruise - Balcony

Next cruise - Ocean view

Next cruise - Balcony

Next cruise - Inside

Next cruise - Balcony

Next cruise - Balcony

Next cruise - Balcony

Not hooked on the suite life.  😄

We are also from SE PA so good that you enjoy cruising too.  Are all of these cruises on RCCL or various different cruise lines?

Inside everytime, then again I am a notorious cheapskate. I figure I am in my room at 8 or 9PM with a book, asleep an hour later and up at 5 or 6 and out the cabin. Rarely making it back to the cabin before 8 or 9 again.

• Like 5

After many years of cruising, we will finally enjoy the suite life for the first time in May/June of 2024. Needless to say, this thread is quite entertaining and encouraging, serving as a prequel to the actual experience. Previous cruises, and other future cruises, have been and will be in balcony cabins. Our cabin of choice. 

On May 26, we will board the Anthem to begin a b2b 19-day cruise from Southhampton in a one- bedroom Grand Suite, same cabin both legs. For us, the price at booking was just too good to pass up and 351 square feet of living space seems wonderfully expansive. Hence, our initial foray into the sweet, suite life. I must admit, I can't help but feel a bit haughty and as difficult as it is to quell that sentiment, I will try my best to do so.

This cruise includes a major bucket list item, the beaches at Normandy, and the full itinerary is new to us. To those of you who have gone before I look forward to, at least for one cruise, leaving common ground behind.   

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

We are also from SE PA so good that you enjoy cruising too.  Are all of these cruises on RCCL or various different cruise lines?

28 RCCL, 2 Carnival, 9 Celebrity, 1 Regal, 2 Premier, 2 NCL, 1 Holland America, 1 Princess, 1 Azamara

26 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Stock up on tissues.  It can be a very emotional experience.

I don't know that there are many experiences in life where one would plan to shed tears, months in advance. We are fully prepared to do so as we pay homage to the allied soldiers who gave us the opportunity. 

On 1/25/2024 at 10:22 PM, vision14k said:

Craaaaaaap! All my future cruises will now cost me 10x the amount, greeeeeeaaaaaaat!

THIS. I'd rather take one amazing cruise in sky class than two in a balcony. I just don't enjoy it the same. I want the suite deck, I want coastal kitchen, I want the suite lounge, I want the concierge, and I want the extra space. Woe is me. That said, I now realize that I have to ditch my family and go on girls' cruises only since it's the only way to afford the "suite life" 🫠😉

• Like 4

Our first cruise was a junior suite on the aft of the ship.  Huge balcony, loved it.  Second was an aft balcony, bigger ship, still good.  Third we booked last minute and landed in the last balcony available which was a handicap room - twice the size of a regular balcony.  Next cruise, we were travelling with my parents who always get a balcony room so we got the one next to them - with our 9 year old. Smallest room we'd ever sailed in.  I almost lost my mind.  The next trip we took with them (on NCL) we got a family suite with a balcony, included concierge, butler, wifi, drinks, dining it all.  We were totally hooked.  Since we've been back to RCL we royal up'd to an owner's suite which was fabulous and just had a grand suite for a quickie 3 night cruise.  While I could do a jr suite or a balcony again if there was a reason, if I can I'll choose not to.  
We spend time in our room and on our balcony.  We enjoy the extra space.  We like the extra treatment.  Suite lounge was vacant on our last cruise so we had the whole thing to ourselves to watch the football playoff games.  Getting on and off the ship took minutes instead of hours.  Smooth and fast.  Our concierge booked our dining for us at the specialty restaurants and was just the sweetest thing.  I'm with the OP.  Completely spoiled with no desire to go back.  We have to pay $$$$ to fly into ports because RCL doesn't sail from where we are, so we're not cruising every other month like some people are.  For us a cruise is an event and we treat it as such.  

• Like 3

On 1/26/2024 at 5:46 PM, cruisingjandb said:

My wife has said if we ever fall into some money we will book a GS at least once. A side note we was in Jamaica on a excursion at a planation in line for a 5 course meal when 2 women in front of us were talking. One said I wonder what all the poor people are doing today. I said we are right here behind you.

There are eight of us who cruise together, we say that all the time when we are on a cruise. Joking around of course. 🤣

On 1/26/2024 at 5:38 AM, LittleJoefromKokomo said:

Don't forget to laugh condescendingly to the poor Pinnacles and Signatures that can't get access to Costal Kitchen, remind them that your a more valued cruiser than they are, atleast on this cruise regardless of their status. Tell them also that you have made suggestions to Royal that Suite lounge and Costal Kitchen should always only be for suite guests and no one else 😉🤪😎

PS. This was a joke, so not everyone reports me...

Since when do Pinnacles not get enjoy Coastal Kitchen?

On 1/27/2024 at 12:03 PM, Spif Barwunkel said:

I don't know that there are many experiences in life where one would plan to shed tears, months in advance. We are fully prepared to do so as we pay homage to the allied soldiers who gave us the opportunity. 

I went there as a college student, and everyone was tearing up (and actually serious).  Beyond maybe visiting a Holocaust site, I can’t think of a more emotional experience. 

Hello commoners, OP here, bow at my presence.

Could any of you commoners share Royal Caribbean’s CEO email address with me? I must reach out to him to file a formal complaint.  

Last night my significant other and I decided to go to our favorite local steakhouse near the house, however it was a last minute affair and they were sold out.  I called MY Royal Caribbean concierge to make things right and book us a reservation. The concierge acted dumb, said they didn’t know what I was talking about and couldn't help me.

Needless to say, I am outraged that I am being treated as a mere commoner. This must be rectified immediately.  Please advise.  Carry on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

We were in suite on Allure a couple of years ago , had an issue with staff in chops being fairly rude . We didn’t complain to concierge but a senior officer who we spoke with a couple of times asked us while in suite lounge how cruise was , we told him about our issue, he promptly got on the concierge phone to talk to management of chops , then told us you will have no more issues. Everyone at chops apologize to us on next visit.

42 minutes ago, George C said:

We were in suite on Allure a couple of years ago , had an issue with staff in chops being fairly rude . We didn’t complain to concierge but a senior officer who we spoke with a couple of times asked us while in suite lounge how cruise was , we told him about our issue, he promptly got on the concierge phone to talk to management of chops , then told us you will have no more issues. Everyone at chops apologize to us on next visit.

This is what I’m talking about. The type of service us elites should expect!! Illuminati. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, George C said:

The thing I don't like about situations like that. Did they apologize because:
1. They agree that they didn't perform well and it warrants an apology or
2. Somebody told them there are those annoying guests to shut them up just apologies, they will be off the ship soon.
3. Management threatened them with consequences if they didn't apologize, so they did despite the fact that they really don't understand for what they are apologizing.

Obviously 1. is the one that should be the case, 3 is I guess sometimes also just ok, but I wonder how often it is 2.

32 minutes ago, ckruetze said:

The thing I don't like about situations like that. Did they apologize because:
1. They agree that they didn't perform well and it warrants an apology or
2. Somebody told them there are those annoying guests to shut them up just apologies, they will be off the ship soon.
3. Management threatened them with consequences if they didn't apologize, so they did despite the fact that they really don't understand for what they are apologizing.

Obviously 1. is the one that should be the case, 3 is I guess sometimes also just ok, but I wonder how often it is 2.

I'm sure all three occur.

We once had an issue with Adventure Ocean staff. Really just a training/bedside manner issue when dealing with medical conditions, but we had a talk with the AO lead and I felt our concern was genuinely heard and handled. We really didn't want anyone to get in trouble, just wanted it to be an education moment. 

Pubic facing crew aren't going to last long if they aren't good with the public.  So I'd like to think that waiter was new or was just having a bad day.

We've done GS on the small ships twice on shorties, never the big ships or longer cruises....looks like we've already waited way too late! 😥 Our cruise buds did the loft this summer and she's already said, nothing but the lofts for us from now on....I just said, good we can live on your balcony when we cruise!

On 1/25/2024 at 10:22 PM, vision14k said:

So, I’m a bit offended and slightly upset at the fact that NOBODY told me getting a grand suite was the bomb-diggity!  First time grand suite-er here on Allure this week, people!!!  Let’s just say, I am no longer a “commoner” like most of you.  I am royalty and you all can kiss my feet.  From priority boarding, to the concierge hooking up every show we wanted last minute, to Coastal Kitchen being amaze-ing all week for breakfast and lunch, oh, and the included drinks and finger foods in the evening were sweeeeeet and our stateroom was gigantic!!!  Nightly pillow treats, we weren’t bothered by turning in swim towels, and had amazing seats at the shows. When we are home next week I look forward to calling my new concierge and ensuring they get me into all the sold out places around my town, because I am now royalty and shall not be bothered by lines and let downs.  I expect they’ll still take my calls.  

Craaaaaaap! All my future cruises will now cost me 10x the amount, greeeeeeaaaaaaat!

Let me tell you Star class will really pamper you, the genie, walking you to the best seats in the show, where they've been reserved for you.   

And even better  when the genie messages you after you get home to make sure travel went smoothly, you didn't need anything else,  to track down those photos you forgot to buy, and get the thing you wanted in the gift shop but didn't get.       It's a whole different experience.... at a cost.  lol

• Like 2