Icon vibrations

I’m on the Icon of the seas first passenger cruise and the largest in the world. I already complained about vibrating bed. First it was the bed shaking then the headboard (so annoying). I am on the 11th deck aft/middle). I would think a floating island wouldn’t vibrate!!! I asked them “it must be worse 5 or 6 floors below me if I’m feeling it. But he just stood there and said yeah it’s vibrating prolly cuz the ships speed. I’m a floating island. WHAT? It’s shouldn’t be wobbling or vibrating or something is really wrong. I watch Smithsonian. lol. Might cruise ships. And this is the. Offset on the world. I’m on it now can’t sleep. Any suggestions. 😁🙄

You're probably the first person to stay in that stateroom, certainly while traveling at top speed.  While inaugural voyages are exciting, this is one of the downsides if there are any issues.

I'd keep on at guest services/maintenance. It's probably just a few bolts needing to be tightened somewhere.

Largest or smallest she is a mechanical moving object.  Some areas might feel vibration for whatever reason. Guess what she will also rock & roll in high seas.  Mother Nature will always prevail.  Size does not guarantee stability.  

6 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

How would that happen on a sold out cruise?

The sailing is not technically sold out.  I think it’s filled to something like 80%.  Royal did this on purpose to ramp it up gradually to full capacity.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Some people like vibration in a bed....😉

Many years ago, the "economy" chains of hotels had a mechanical vibrator attached to the bed called at the time, "Magic Fingers", that could be activated for about 15 minutes for a Quarter.

Everyone tried it if just for "What the heck is 'Magic Fingers'?"

There might be small but niche market for this room.

🤑

• Haha 1

We are on Icon Deck 12.  No problem here.  In fact are group was talking about how smooth it has been so far.  

First thing I noticed in the room is the RC hard bed is missing.   The bed feels nice.

The ships move quicker at night and vibration sometimes is felt.  Not yet for us.

1 hour ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

I’ve felt vibration at places on every ship I’ve ever been on. Perhaps a Hilton Garden Inn would be a safer choice next time. 

There could be a ground fault vibration there (earth quake).

😄

7 hours ago, steamboats said:

No vibrations on deck 14 aft...

steamboats

Did you have a good room on this deck ? Had been searching for cruises on Icon and Star for next September and rooms on deck 14 always available. I was wondering if these room are okay.