What is your favorite class of RCCL ship?

21 minutes ago, VernRDH said:

I am going to be in the minority here.

1. Quantum class. Odyssey is my favorite, we have done Anthem ( and going again in 11 days but who is counting) multiple times and are looking forward to Ovation to Alaska in May.

2. Radiance class. Love the glass and views.

3. Freedom class. All the good things without 10 gazillion people.

4. Voyager class. She was our first, so holds a special spot in my heart, that's what got us addicted.

I don't like Oasis at all, and truly have no desire to go on Icon. I would like to get on more vision class before they go away.

The only thing that keeps Quantum from being #1 is the its lack of Ice show.  That puts it #3 on my list behind Freedom and Voyager.

• Like 2

We've sailed on 3 classes and I rank them in this order:

Oasis class, Freedom class and Voyager class.

For us Oasis is our favorite due to having a Central Park, great entertainment and multiple speciality restaurants.  The other 2 classes we've sailed on were enjoyable as well, but Oasis wins for us.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

So far I've only been on Radiance Class (Radiance, Brilliance, Jewel), but I LOVE it!!

I'm on a Quantum Class (Anthem) in 3 weeks, and honestly I'm nervous. I've never been on something that big. We'll see...

It is slightly bigger than X Beyond. We have sailed Oasis Class many times and found Quantum and Ovation to feel small, crowded and lacking in things to do. 

4 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

1) Vision & Radiance tied for 1st

3) Close 3rd Quantum (as much, if not more "glass" and viewing area than both Vision & Radiance, SeaPlax, Two70, MusicHall as massive winners)

4) Freedom

5) Voyager (ruined by adding so many more cabins therefore making them way too crowded)

6) Oasis (where do you see the ocean? What ports/countries do you get to visit?)

If Oasis just sat on port for 7 days I suspect many people wouldn't even notice.  This ship class is equal to an all inclusive resort... stay on board within the walls of the resort. That's perfectly great of that's what you want. And obviously millions of people really prefer this over actually travelling the world and seeing different places. It's totally great for an obvious huge majority, but not for me

I agree about Oasis.  We have been on Allure and Wonder and as pretty as Wonder is, I think it is my least faclvorite simply because unless you have an Oceanview balcony it's almost like you aren't on a ship at all.  I love watching the water and feeling the ship moving.  It's just too big and I don't need slides, giant water slides, or all the bells and whistles.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChollaChick said:

I agree about Oasis.  We have been on Allure and Wonder and as pretty as Wonder is, I think it is my least faclvorite simply because unless you have an Oceanview balcony it's almost like you aren't on a ship at all.  I love watching the water and feeling the ship moving.  It's just too big and I don't need slides, giant water slides, or all the bells and whistles.

Allure doesn't have slides ... at least until the 2025 dry dock.

I've really come to enjoy Vision class ships (particularly Vision). I've been on Radiance (Serenade, twice) and Freedom (Freedom, once) before the pandemic and have Freedom booked for Christmas 2024. I eagerly await the Baltimore itineraries for Christmas 2025 to see if I can have at least one holiday on a Vision class out of Baltimore before they get retired (we all know their days are numbered).

9 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

It is slightly bigger than X Beyond. We have sailed Oasis Class many times and found Quantum and Ovation to feel small, crowded and lacking in things to do. 

The listed capacity of Anthem is 1000 people greater than the max capacity on Beyond though. With less than 100ft of difference in length.

I don’t care about things to do - a nice quiet chair and my kindle and I’m a happy camper. 

I went with Anthem for Feb break because I don’t have to fly anywhere and the solo studio cost was right. It may surprise me, but we’ll see.

• Like 2

Freedom class is definitely my favorite. Freedom itself was my first ship and what got my interested in cruising ❤️ It was big and had all the cool amenities but didn't feel toooo big. I've tried to get on another Freedom ship but post-booking we had both a ship and port change, so I didn't get to try Independence.

Voyager is my most traveled class and probably my second favorite. Been on Voyager and Mariner (3 times) with 3 more sailings booked on a Voyager class ship, 11 day on Explorer and two 7 days on Voyager, again. 😬

I've only done one Oasis sailing, on Harmony when it was new-new, I think we were on it'd third ever sailing. Shipnwas *massive* and we really enjoyed it but it also always seems like the Oasis sailings are more expensive than the older / smaller ships with the same itineries...so we tend to just go with the cheaper cruise 🤷‍♂️ but I'll be on Allure in 2 weeks, so maybe that'll restart my interest in the other Oasis' despite the price point.

Radiance class is nice, I've been on two of them, Radiance itself and also Brilliance. Wouldn't have any issues booking a sailing on one again.

"Ultra" Quantum? My first group cruise was on Odyssey, I liked the ship even if the layout felt kinda, odd. Nobody else in my group seemed to like it, at all, and there were some hiccups along the way, so that didn't help things either. I'd be down to try the class again but the friend group is pretty outspoken about avoiding that class

Vision class is for sure my least favorite, having been on Vision, Rhapsody, and Grandeur with my sailing on Vision being bu far the worst ship and cruise experience I've had...and since it was my second cruise ever, almost put me off cruising in general. 🤮

....and then I also had the chance to do the former Empress of the Seas and two sailings on the Sovereign class, Majesty, my first repeated ship, ha.

9 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

I've really come to enjoy Vision class ships (particularly Vision). I've been on Radiance (Serenade, twice) and Freedom (Freedom, once) before the pandemic and have Freedom booked for Christmas 2024. I eagerly await the Baltimore itineraries for Christmas 2025 to see if I can have at least one holiday on a Vision class out of Baltimore before they get retired (we all know their days are numbered).

Freedom is very different after pandemic than she was before pandemic. She went through amplification just before the pandemic. We were on her only post amplification cruise before the pandemic. I love the changes that were made especially the addition of El Loco Fresh on the pool deck and Playmakers.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

15 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

1) Vision & Radiance tied for 1st

3) Close 3rd Quantum (as much, if not more "glass" and viewing area than both Vision & Radiance, SeaPlax, Two70, MusicHall as massive winners)

4) Freedom

5) Voyager (ruined by adding so many more cabins therefore making them way too crowded)

6) Oasis (where do you see the ocean? What ports/countries do you get to visit?)

If Oasis just sat on port for 7 days I suspect many people wouldn't even notice.  This ship class is equal to an all inclusive resort... stay on board within the walls of the resort. That's perfectly great of that's what you want. And obviously millions of people really prefer this over actually travelling the world and seeing different places. It's totally great for an obvious huge majority, but not for me

Oasis (and Icon)...the cruise ship if you don't like cruising. Royal should put that in their marketing. 

10 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Freedom is very different after pandemic than she was before pandemic. She went through amplification just before the pandemic. We were on her only post amplification cruise before the pandemic. I love the changes that were made especially the addition of El Loco Fresh on the pool deck and Playmakers.

I'm really looking forward to it - I've never been on a "new" ship - Freedom in 2017 was the newest ship I had ever been on. And I have a great 8 day itinerary on her - it should be a fun Christmas (even though schlepping to Florida around Christmas is an expensive hassle).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

"Quantum and Ovation to feel small, crowded and lacking in things to do. " I completely agree. My least favorite is the Quantum class (I know a lot of people will be like WHAT??) The esplanade is a horrible design and was made for creating traffic jams during shows and dinner. The entire ship feels very cramped except when you're in the aft where it opens up. A big ship on the outside, but inside feels like a shoebox.  

I know that my least favorite is the Oasis class.  Too big, too many people, crowded elevators, and too much risk for getting sick.  I just got off Harmony on Sunday and got very sick. Same thing happened a year ago on Wonder. Perfectly healthy when I embarked and very sick when I got off.  I confined myself to my cabin on the last day.  I am still battling whatever nasty virus was on that ship. This was my 15th cruise (various cruise lines) overall and never got sick on the other 13 which were smaller ships.  Entertainment is good on the Oasis class ships however I am port driven and the big ships are quite limited on where they can go. 

I'm looking at Radiance now.  A smaller ship and the itineraries are much more interesting. 

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I will not go on Oasis class again. No interest in the new Icon either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

I know that my least favorite is the Oasis class.  Too big, too many people, crowded elevators, and too much risk for getting sick.  I just got off Harmony on Sunday and got very sick. Same thing happened a year ago on Wonder. Perfectly healthy when I embarked and very sick when I got off.

I have not seen any less risk to get sick on smaller ships than on larger. Season matters.... Winters are bad on any size ships... then it subsides although last March was bad in terms of Noro on Enchantment.

Freedom for us not to big and not to small. We have been on all classes of ships and have never had a bad cruise. As we have got older its about the shows and food. So climbing walls and water slides and bumper cars are not for us.

• Like 1

Our favorite class so far is Freedom.

We like to have the Promenade but prefer not as many people as Oasis class. 

We are trying our first Voyager class ship this fall.

Edited by JustUs275

Class of RCL ship

1, Oasis

2, Freedom

Went on Brilliance and Anthem and didnt like them so will stick with only the Oasis and Freedom class ships.

Not yet sold on Icon, dont think there is enough deep ish pool space or sun loungers in the sunny areas. Just seems crammed but keeping my opinions open as more reviews come in when she is full. 

13 hours ago, JustUs275 said:

Our favorite class so far is Freedom.

We like to have the Promenade but prefer not as many people as Oasis class. 

We are trying our first Voyager class ship this fall.

If you like Freedom class, you'll also like Voyager class. They have the same layout. The only difference is that Freedom is a little longer. I've been on both classes and to be honest, I don't see/feel a difference. Each ship has some different venues/amenities than the others so you'll notice that.

• Like 1