Saint Greg's Carnival Jubilee - Live - February 3, 2024

I had Jubilee on my mind today, was just watching EECC Travels Jubilee videos. It's a no brainer at some point I will be booking this ship since I can drive to port and I love the big new ships! But I have been enamored with NCL lately so who knows when lol.

Hope the nasty weather ends up being not so nasty.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Oh man, between this, Jeff & Patti, and Wildra's reviews, I have lots of "studying" to do at work! This is great!

OMG me too! I keep my finger on the mouse so I can click off real quick🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

What the age range on the Princess cruises?

It didn't seem as different as you would think. The average age is probably higher. I would say fewer 20's and more 30's-40's. There were kids. Actually my biggest issue with it was other than the kids clubs (on Regal at least), they didn't have any place for the kids to go so they ended up in the middle of lido...making the fountain into a splash park. But no water slides, no arcade. Mini golf was really a putting green. Basketball courts were set up for pickle ball 24/7. That's my biggest issue with Princess. But overall it was nice. It felt like a Carnival Journey cruise because a lot of the activities they had would only be on a Journey cruise with Carnival. And it was just a run of the mill western Caribbean cruise.

• Like 6

@Saint Greg thanks for this- doing a B2B on Jubilee in September for my 65th BD and I'm really looking forward to your insight on the ship, as well as the ports... unfortunately the B2B has the same ports both weeks (I just wish they'd do something different with this big girl!).

Anyway, I'm here, I'm stoked, fill me with your experiences!

• Like 8

These are a work in progress. Well let me say it this way. If you're reading this live, these are a work in progress. If you're reading these a week or more after the cruise, they're accurate.

I don't have these linked anywhere other than here while I'm working on them. Some are correct. Some are correct but bad quality. Some are out of date. Some I'm not sure about yet. I think I may have the dining room right but I'll have to confirm that this week.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/carnival-jubilee-menus/

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/carnival-jubilee-bar-menus/

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/carnival-jubilee-food-menus/

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/carnival-dining-room-menus/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This is awesome Greg... Just busting on the scene one day prior to the cruise, rather than trying to fill up an entire week with content before you set sail... When I was cancelled on the Jubilee over a year ago, I wish that I would've rebooked, but Carnival pricing is out of control right now... Glad to see you branching out to other lines, and I think you'll love the Encore wayyy more than the older NCL ship you cruised to Alaska...

• Like 20

30 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

This is awesome Greg... Just busting on the scene one day prior to the cruise, rather than trying to fill up an entire week with content before you set sail... When I was cancelled on the Jubilee over a year ago, I wish that I would've rebooked, but Carnival pricing is out of control right now... Glad to see you branching out to other lines, and I think you'll love the Encore wayyy more than the older NCL ship you cruised to Alaska...

So true!  The newer, bigger ships on NCL can’t be compared to the older ones. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

It didn't seem as different as you would think. The average age is probably higher. I would say fewer 20's and more 30's-40's. There were kids. Actually my biggest issue with it was other than the kids clubs (on Regal at least), they didn't have any place for the kids to go so they ended up in the middle of lido...making the fountain into a splash park. But no water slides, no arcade. Mini golf was really a putting green. Basketball courts were set up for pickle ball 24/7. That's my biggest issue with Princess. But overall it was nice. It felt like a Carnival Journey cruise because a lot of the activities they had would only be on a Journey cruise with Carnival. And it was just a run of the mill western Caribbean cruise.

I loved the Regal Princess! Princess Plus is a fabulous deal.  Can't wait to sail Princess again.

• Like 8

Very much looking forward to your Jubilee live!

If you take in the new show for Jubilee - I think it's called Dear Future Husband - I would love to hear your take... same for the new deck party (I think it's a deck party) called Lone Star Tailgate...

oh, and if you try any of the Dr Inks specialty drinks, a thumbs up/down would be much appreciated!

• Like 3