Saint Greg's Carnival Jubilee - Live - February 3, 2024

I’m in place. 5 minutes from the hotel. 30 minutes from the port. 

IMG_9160.thumb.jpeg.c93a841ea1b26b32d59072263fc97401.jpeg

I tried to stop here after Princess, But I guess this location was brand new and the line was crazy. It went back through the parking lot of the shopping center behind it. Multiple people were directing traffic.

IMG_9159.thumb.jpeg.2af5b91269916721e03b835ce65560fd.jpeg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

My first burger of the year.

IMG_9162.jpeg

That parking lot was a disaster for a few weeks after they opened. Fortunately, the hype has calmed down a bit. 

l’m looking forward to your review … thanks for taking us along for the ride! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, princess76021 said:

Which hotel in Webster are you staying at this time?

We took your advice and stayed at the fairfield last time

Hugs

Greg will tell you once he leaves tomorrow. Maybe. Security reasons. 😃

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 20

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s been almost 8 months since I’ve been on a Carnival Cruise ship. Apart from the COVID shutdown, that’s the longest I’ve gone between Carnival cruises since the year between my first and second cruises. 

Hello!   I'm following along for once.  I appreciate your work on the Playlist shows, comedian schedules, and other things.  I think you'll enjoy this cruise on the Jubilee.  I enjoyed my first-after-the-pandemic cruises on the Magic in November and the Dream last month.

I do have five more cruises with Carnival in the next 14 months. Two of them were booked a year ago and two of them were booked two years ago. Let’s get on with what may be the beginning of the end.

For the first time since deep in the pandemic, I don't have any Carnival cruises scheduled. ☹️  They don't go (often) to where I want to go cruising next, and they're not popular with the charter companies that I have been favoring cruises from these days.  I have been eyeing a couple of cruises that I may or may not book.  They're pricey, by Carnival standards.

This is my 25th cruise, my 23rd on Carnival. It's my 1st time on Jubilee, 3rd time on an excel class ship, 7th time out of Galveston, 16th time to Cozumel, 8th time to Roatan, and my 3rd time to Costa Maya. 

I have 27 cruises, 16 of them on Carnival.  I haven't been on an XL class ship.  I've done 3 cruises out of Galveston.  I haven't been to Coz 16 times yet; probably more like 8 to 12.  It seems like 16.  I've been to Roatan four times, all to Mahogany Bay.  I've been to Costa Maya 6 times or so.

For those who don’t know I was a potential juror in a murder case this week. Fortunately, I wasn’t picked. Today is just not a good day for me to be deciding someone’s life.

Cute.  I was summoned for jury duty the week I was scheduled to be on the Dream.  I managed to get it deferred to late March.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Greg will tell you once he leaves tomorrow. Maybe. Security reasons. 😃

I’m not saying I’m stalkable or anything…I’m just saying….apparently I’m very popular on YouTube in India.

• Like 2
  • Haha 36

9 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Cute.  I was summoned for jury duty the week I was scheduled to be on the Dream.  I managed to get it deferred to late March.

I tried. Less than half of the people summoned showed up. They said they expected all cases settled this week so they weren’t taking next week vacations as an excuse.

I think if I had to sit in the box I could’ve convinced them this wasn’t a good week for me. But they never called me. I just had to sit through 36 other potential jurors being questioned over a day and a half.

• Like 9

Following along because I was suppose to be on Jubilee the week before Christmas. I drug my feet too long on rebooking anything so my 25% went unused. However, I do still want to get a Jubilee cruise in because I do like the XL class. Galveston is drivable, and I need Emeril's and a few Watermelon Crushes.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Just off the Jubilee last week.  Looking forward to your review.  Nikola at upper Red Frog makes some good drinks.  Have a great time!

Wonder if that’s one of our alchemy Nikolas. I know they’re both on the ship. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, txcruiser1234 said:

Very much looking forward to your Jubilee live!

If you take in the new show for Jubilee - I think it's called Dear Future Husband - I would love to hear your take... same for the new deck party (I think it's a deck party) called Lone Star Tailgate...

oh, and if you try any of the Dr Inks specialty drinks, a thumbs up/down would be much appreciated!

I’ve heard they haven’t been doing the production shows because the screen was broken. That was about three weeks ago and I heard an estimated repair time of three weeks so hopefully it’s fixed now.

I’ll be trying a lot of the new drinks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1