Final Payment Due By Tomorrow

TMLAalum

Yes you can, the due date is by midnight EST. But why not pay today as most transactions will go into pending and not be added to your account for a day or two. Should you run into any hiccups in the payment process tomorrow you could end up with a cancelled cruise.

• Like 2

I can understand the OP's desire to have the charge applied after cc billing date.    Paying early while sill showing pending will be included in her January bill.   By pushing off by 1 day she will get almost 2 months float, as oppose to paying by the January due date.

While I have never done it.    I understand you can call Celebrity and have them extend your due date by a couple days.   Worth a call.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I can understand the OP's desire to have the charge applied after cc billing date.    Paying early while sill showing pending will be included in her January bill.   By pushing off by 1 day she will get almost 2 months float, as oppose to paying by the January due date.

While I have never done it.    I understand you can call Celebrity and have them extend your due date by a couple days.   Worth a call.

Celebrity would not do it for us for a completely different situation; my DH was in a bad ski accident on Monday, so we needed time to see if he could cruise in May( paid early)...we were told that one day past the due date would be a fee of 25%..final answer, as my TA tried, but was shut down immediately.  This must be the new policy where there is no leeway at all.

2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Celebrity would not do it for us for a completely different situation; my DH was in a bad ski accident on Monday, so we needed time to see if he could cruise in May( paid early)...we were told that one day past the due date would be a fee of 25%..final answer, as my TA tried, but was shut down immediately.  This must be the new policy where there is no leeway at all.

I think the two are different.   The OP isn't wanting an extension to potentially cancel a cruise which would invoke the penalty, but looking to just pay a day late.      The extension in my knowledge would have no affect on the cancellation period.

• Like 1

I just wouldn't risk it...for whatever reason.

Kicking the proverbial can down the road is only netting a rather short and temporary benefit. While losing the cruise has a lasting effect...

Besides, I would be wondering if I could rely on the answer from the support person...how many of us have called in and gotten different answers for the same question?? 

Just my own opinion...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RTShaker said:

Yes you can, the due date is by midnight EST. But why not pay today as most transactions will go into pending and not be added to your account for a day or two. Should you run into any hiccups in the payment process tomorrow you could end up with a cancelled cruise.

Best to be a little cautious. The pending invoices I looked at have a payment due time of 5PM EST.

I agree with your point to do it now and let it sit in pending.

mac_tlc

44 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think the two are different.   The OP isn't wanting an extension to potentially cancel a cruise which would invoke the penalty, but looking to just pay a day late.      The extension in my knowledge would have no affect on the cancellation period.

I agree, but just demonstrating that payment dates are not movable for any reason; that’s what my TA was told.  I should have stated that.  The final payment is due on the date it is due, period.  Of course, pending and posting do allow for some wiggle room, but one has to be careful.  

Edited by Lastdance

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Best to be a little cautious. The pending invoices I looked at have a payment due time of 5PM EST.

I agree with your point to do it now and let it sit in pending.

mac_tlc

Our confirmation shows a date and time (5:00 PM EST) as when final payment is due. 

Why risk cancellation of your booking and forfeiture of any non-refundable deposit just to put off payment for a day?  What happens if you or Celebrity have IT issues or other problems with posting of the payment.  What if there is an issue with credit card approval of what could be a large charge amount.  What if something urgent comes up tomorrow and making the payment just slips your mind? 

At best, you get an extra month of "float" which, at 5% a year on liquid savings/checking/money market, will net you ~$42 before taxes on a $10,000 final payment.  At worse, your payment isn't processed on time, for whatever reason.  IMO, the juice just isn't worth the squeeze.

• Like 3

Pay now and avoid a potential cancellation.  Many cruises are running nearly full and Celebrity could possibly sell your cruise at a higher rate with no problem.  Pay and get it over with.  Not worth the worry and the few bucks involved.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExArkie said:

Our confirmation shows a date and time (5:00 PM EST) as when final payment is due. 

Yes, that is what is showing on my actual confirmation as opposed to the unclear language of "payment due by" when I check my booking on the website. Thanks.

I wasn't looking for an extension, just a clarification.

I will pay tomorrow online before 5pm EST which is the timeline to remit payment, print out confirmation that I am paid in full, and cough up the $$ on 3/28!

Edited by TMLAalum

20 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Yes, that is what is showing on my actual confirmation as opposed to the unclear language of "payment due by" when I check my booking on the website. Thanks.

I will pay tomorrow online, print out confirmation that I am paid in full and cough up the $$ on 3/28!

Sorry my answer also confused you.  I stated that my issue was a different situation, but I guess that detail was missed.  At least you really don’t lose anything because that was your agreement; however, you don’t gain anything either.  Just don’t get hurt and make sure that you have insurance.  There is no sympathy at all from anyone, period.  I know exactly what you meant because I also look at that factor when booking, but it is not the most important reason for a booking.  I have a vacation fund that pays excellent interest, so never really an issue for me, but never had one of us been in a severe accident, after paying a few days early either.  Live, learn and be kind!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

It's all good! Checked my cc statement and it did close yesterday. Paid my balance to Celebrity and took a screen shot of invoice indicating all paid up. And was able to switch from 6pm dining to Anytime!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Celebrity would not do it for us for a completely different situation; my DH was in a bad ski accident on Monday, so we needed time to see if he could cruise in May( paid early)

Sorry to read about your husband’s skiing accident. I hope he recovers quickly and that you’ll be able to cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Lastdance

Sorry to hear about your DH's ski accident. Hope he recovers and is able to return to the slopes if not this winter than next for sure!

Reluctantly, we hung up our skis a few years ago, but our time at Heavenly with our adult son was one of our best trips west.

Edited by TMLAalum
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

It's all good! Checked my cc statement and it did close yesterday. Paid my balance to Celebrity and took a screen shot of invoice indicating all paid up. And was able to switch from 6pm dining to Anytime!

Where are you guys going?  Priscilla and I will be on Eclipse, May 11 to Bermuda.  It would be great to get a second chance to meet you!

Elvis

18 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Sorry to read about your husband’s skiing accident. I hope he recovers quickly and that you’ll be able to cruise. 

also quite sorry to hear this news...hope better times ahead!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Elvis1209 said:

Where are you guys going?  Priscilla and I will be on Eclipse, May 11 to Bermuda.  It would be great to get a second chance to meet you!

Elvis

Dang! We are on (the) Eclipse but not until August 28! Does a cruise r/t from Boston call your name?

Final payment yesterday was for the Pacific Coastal on (the) Summit May 4.

Trying to convince Fred to head to his Oh-Year reunion at Kings Point this fall so maybe we'll run into you and Priscilla on Long Island then!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2024 at 7:56 AM, TMLAalum said:

Dang! We are on (the) Eclipse but not until August 28! Does a cruise r/t from Boston call your name?

Final payment yesterday was for the Pacific Coastal on (the) Summit May 4.

Trying to convince Fred to head to his Oh-Year reunion at Kings Point this fall so maybe we'll run into you and Priscilla on Long Island then!

If you want to get in touch with us our E-mail is csn419@verizon.net