Where oh where has my Celebrity gone

Canadianhey!

Just finished an Apex cruise on Feb 10th.  First the good things. Beautiful ship, embarkment and departure a breeze. I  never thought that there was a problem with that anyway, but now super easy (as long as you are sort of tech savy).

Food: Variety of options definitely declined but food taste is good. First night we had reservations for 6 pm, but the line up was a quarter of the way down the ship. An officer came by and told us that we could go to another restaurant without the line up. He said 80% of the menu was the same, so that is what we did. Moved from the Cosmopolitan to the Cyprus. Reservations apparently mean nothing now. Many complaints through the cruise from people waiting for tables eventhough they had reservations.  Took us 40 minutes from the time we ordered desert til it was brought to us. From then on we would skip desert and just run up to the buffet and grab it. Desert in the buffet is the best. 

Only in 1 restaurant did we find the old Celebrity staff. Rometerio and Rama took the time to chat. All other restaurants you where treated like if you went out in your home town for a meal. Order, eat and get out. Rometerio explained the menu, asked how your day was, what you did, etc. (Remember those days). It also was the only time we didn't have to ask for a pepper shaker that wasn't empty. These two gentlemen are amazing. Almost put my faith back into Celebrity.

I wish they would band cell phone during meals. We spent 4 nights of the trips either listening to Tik Tok videos, or video chats from tables 6 inches away from us. Just my personal preference of course.

Stateroom: So whether it was our attendant fault or Celebrity not sure. No pen or pad of paper, or laundry form in the room. Only 2 makeup wipes supplied, never given any more. Stateroom gentlemen was pretty much non existent. He did bring us our requested ice and water twice a day. I asked him for some garbage bags for the can in the room and was told that Celebrity doesn't use them anymore. The statement people are expected to disinfect them on a daily basis. Shampoo, conditioner, and lotion are now in large containers not individual. I have hair that is down to my waist and the first night I found out that the shampoo didn't lather up at all. First port I went and bought shampoo and conditioner. The lotion was fine. If I had any questions I would go find another stateroom attendant as mine never seem to be around.

I will carry on the rest of my review tomorrow.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Canadianhey! said:

Just finished an Apex cruise on Feb 10th.  First the good things. Beautiful ship, embarkment and departure a breeze. I  never thought that there was a problem with that anyway, but now super easy (as long as you are sort of tech savy).

Food: Variety of options definitely declined but food taste is good. First night we had reservations for 6 pm, but the line up was a quarter of the way down the ship. An officer came by and told us that we could go to another restaurant without the line up. He said 80% of the menu was the same, so that is what we did. Moved from the Cosmopolitan to the Cyprus. Reservations apparently mean nothing now.

that is how the E class ships operate

Many complaints through the cruise from people waiting for tables eventhough they had reservations.

celebrity is not doing a good job of explaining to people that on the class ships the reservations are meaningless.  

59 minutes ago, Canadianhey! said:

2 hours ago, Canadianhey! said:

. Shampoo, conditioner, and lotion are now in large containers not individual. I have hair that is down to my waist and the first night I found out that the shampoo didn't lather up at all.

I thought it was just me. Got off Beyond week ago. Shampoo and shower gel were thin as water, neither lathered in my hands. I thought steward just took shortcut and topped off with tap water. 5th day shampoo was thicker.

1 hour ago, Crazy planning mom said:

I know that there was a very large group on your sailing and that may have affected service.  

It is not my intention to be mean as I’m not trying to argue with you so please don’t take it as that. But my first thought in reading this is I’m part of a big group too (everyone on the cruise is part of a big group) so that is not an excuse nor should it be. It’s like a teacher saying they have 30 other students. I’m not concerned about every other groups of people, I’m concerned about getting the service I paid for and when everyone starts demanding it then Celebrity will have to respond accordingly. And by demanding it I mean take the money somewhere else.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, fliprcruiser said:

I thought it was just me. Got off Beyond week ago. Shampoo and shower gel were thin as water, neither lathered in my hands. I thought steward just took shortcut and topped off with tap water. 5th day shampoo was thicker.

Next time the shampoo doesn't lather, dump it out so they have to replace it with a fresh one?  Or maybe they will refill it with a watered down version?

1 minute ago, kasowell2 said:

It is not my intention to be mean as I’m not trying to argue with you so please don’t take it as that. But my first thought in reading this is I’m part of a big group too (everyone on the cruise is part of a big group) so that is not an excuse nor should it be. It’s like a teacher saying they have 30 other students. I’m not concerned about every other groups of people, I’m concerned about getting the service I paid for and when everyone starts demanding it then Celebrity will have to respond accordingly. And by demanding it I mean take the money somewhere else.

I was thinking the same thing.  A ship sailing at capacity is a reason for service to slip?  Aren't most cruise ships sailing at capacity?  If a big group is on the ship it does not mean that Celebrity should neglect the other cruisers.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I was thinking the same thing.  

Thank you. I was hoping it didn’t sound like I was attacking the poster. I hate when people do that and I’ve even started calling people out for it. Keyboard cowards really bother me especially when they try to call people out for their experience.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Canadianhey! said:

Stateroom: So whether it was our attendant fault or Celebrity not sure. No pen or pad of paper, or laundry form in the room.  Shampoo, conditioner, and lotion are now in large containers not individual. 

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Haven't seen pen and paper in cabins for a very long time. Even pre-covid. At least in traditional balconies (S&$M class) and DPV (E class). Last cruise I needed a pen the CC host gave me one. It looked like it was made from the empty toilet paper roll cylinder. But it worked. We always take our own hair products no matter the cruise line. My wife claims there's no difference between the soap, conditioner and shampoo. We always request bar soap for the shower as well as the sink. 

Edited by doghog

30 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

Thank you. I was hoping it didn’t sound like I was attacking the poster. I hate when people do that and I’ve even started calling people out for it. Keyboard cowards really bother me especially when they try to call people out for their experienc

Delete 

Edited by Crazy planning mom

6 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Wow, very rude calling me a keyboard coward.

I wasn't attacking the poster.    Your original comment was fine.  But, this is over the top.

I don't believe they are calling you anything. They referring to people who attack others for their opinions/experiences as "keyboard cowards" and were attempting to emphasize that they were not trying to attack you and thus become a "keyboard coward" themselves.

• Like 2

Just now, bundtkate said:

I don't believe they are calling you anything. They referring to people who attack others for their opinions/experiences as "keyboard cowards" and were attempting to emphasize that they were not trying to attack you and thus become a "keyboard coward" themselves.

Yes, I reread and realize that.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I was thinking the same thing.  A ship sailing at capacity is a reason for service to slip?  Aren't most cruise ships sailing at capacity?  If a big group is on the ship it does not mean that Celebrity should neglect the other cruisers.

Based on what I saw on the book, the sailing may have been over capacity and it sounded like the group took over certain spaces for periods of time.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Crazy planning mom said:

Yes, I reread and realize that.

Hey, text communication can be hard. No body language or facial expressions to help interpret folks' intentions means all of us misinterpret from time to time. I'm sure I've done it several times too. 🙈

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I really wasn’t attacking anyone and apologize if it seemed that way. My real thought was the company using the excuse of a large group for not giving anyone the service they paid for. I understand a large group may utilize a certain venue but there are usually plenty of other places to enjoy. It should never be an excuse for lower standard service in the stateroom or other personal areas

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kasowell2 said:

My real thought was the company using the excuse of a large group for not giving anyone the service they paid for.

This is such an important point!  We are presently staying at the Ritz Carlton in Amelia Island and they are currently hosting 7 conferences (one being attended by DH), two galas, and a dog show.  Service has been superb in all venues despite the resort being at full capacity.  Couple that with the rainy weather keeping everyone indoors...they haven't missed a beat.  To your point, great service CAN be accomplished with a full house with the right training and expectations of staff.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

This is such an important point!  We are presently staying at the Ritz Carlton in Amelia Island and they are currently hosting 7 conferences (one being attended by DH), two galas, and a dog show.  Service has been superb in all venues despite the resort being at full capacity.  Couple that with the rainy weather keeping everyone indoors...they haven't missed a beat.  To your point, great service CAN be accomplished with a full house with the right training and expectations of staff.  

ABSOLUTELY!!!

• Like 2

Sorry it started out on sour note but I understand your disappointments.  I would be too.  It is a little thing that makes all the difference.  I am hoping the situation improves as it continues.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fliprcruiser said:

Good observation.  

22 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Wave to us as you leave. We live just over the bridge when you leave Amelia island. When you see ABC liquor store wave to your right. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Based on what I saw on the book, the sailing may have been over capacity and it sounded like the group took over certain spaces for periods of time.

no such thing as over capacity. There is a limit which is set in each area and governed by the numbers for life boats

• Like 1