Do you get double points for Junior Suites?

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

1 base point

1 extra point for Junior Suite and higher

1 extra point if booked solo in a double occupancy room

ANOTHER , quick question.  If booked with someone double occupancy (paid in full cruise) and one is a no show are double points granted?  I forgot how that works.  Dan

1 minute ago, ticketsunlimited said:

ANOTHER , quick question.  If booked with someone double occupancy (paid in full cruise) and one is a no show are double points granted?  I forgot how that works.  Dan

Based on recent posts, no extra point.  However, it's RCI (Really Consistently Inconsistent), so you never know what will actually happen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

1 base point

1 extra point for Junior Suite and higher

1 extra point if booked solo in a double occupancy room

Thank you for confirming that for me.

49 minutes ago, yogimax said:

You have to ask yourself if the extra points are worth the additional cost.

We have a cruise booked on Anthem in February next year and after that cruise we won't be that far off reaching Diamond status. We have sailed in a Grand Suite before and that's what we are sailing in this upcoming cruise because we got it very cheap. We were just thinking that a Junior Suite would be cheaper than a Grand Suite but get  us to Diamond just as quick. 

1 hour ago, Lisa353 said:

We have a cruise booked on Anthem in February next year and after that cruise we won't be that far off reaching Diamond status. We have sailed in a Grand Suite before and that's what we are sailing in this upcoming cruise because we got it very cheap. We were just thinking that a Junior Suite would be cheaper than a Grand Suite but get us to Diamond just as quick. 

That would be the case yes, provided you originally booked a JS. If you booked something less and then won a Royal Up bid to a JS, you would not receive the double points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lisa353 said:

We were just thinking that a Junior Suite would be cheaper than a Grand Suite but get  us to Diamond just as quick. 

It depends on whether you will use the benefits included in a GS* vs buying them with a JS.

* Free Voom (Oasis and Quantum class only)

* Suite Lounge (free drinks)

* Coastal Kitchen (B/L/D) (Oasis and Quantum class only)

4 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

If booked with someone double occupancy (paid in full cruise) and one is a no show are double points granted? 

No, but you can modify the booking before the sailing to solo to gain the extra point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No, but you can modify the booking before the sailing to solo to gain the extra point.

I called to cancel a cabin mate recently and was told because the original booking was for 2, that the extra solo points were not applicable.  I decided to do a "no show"  in case plans changed.  The original booking was a next cruise so don't know if that factored in.   Turned out the cabin mate did not need to cancel so I didn't test the process. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

I called to cancel a cabin mate recently and was told because the original booking was for 2, that the extra solo points were not applicable. 

The only thing that matters is the booking type when you board, not what it started as.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

It depends on whether you will use the benefits included in a GS* vs buying them with a JS.

* Free Voom (Oasis and Quantum class only)

* Suite Lounge (free drinks)

* Coastal Kitchen (B/L/D) (Oasis and Quantum class only)

On Anthem of the Seas last year we did make use of all of those perks. My OH doesn't drink and I only drink a bit so alcohol package is no good for us. It was nice having the free drinks in the lounge. We do always make use of Internet also.

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You could do 2 balconys next to each other solo and also get 2 pts each. Compare prices. Often the JS is more than double a balcony. Or I'd book one. 

I didn't think of that. That's something I will keep in mind when we are looking at cruises to see if that would be cheaper.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I thought that was only before final payment? If it’s one person on the booking at final you get the double points? But if you modify after final then you don’t. 
But with R.C.I policies … 🤷‍♀️

18 minutes ago, little britain said:

I thought that was only before final payment? If it’s one person on the booking at final you get the double points? But if you modify after final then you don’t. 
But with R.C.I policies … 🤷‍♀️

Before sailing.  Final payment is irrelevant

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

The junior suites are better than the connecting balcony setup. (On many ships) 

wife’s says one word “TUB”

More “floor” room, the jackhammer espresso machine.

Connecting balcony = two bathrooms.  

• Like 3