Forbes rates Celebrity #3 in Customer Service ----

Jim_Iain

Hmmm... I got a chuckle out of this..... From the welcome drinks to the gift baskets on board.    I want some of what they've been smoking.

3. Celebrity

Readers liked Celebrity because it has a reputation for caring about the smallest details. From the welcome drinks to the gift baskets on board, the cruise line is a truly premium experience (and has premium prices to go with it). Behind the scenes, Celebrity invests heavily in crew training and ensures a low guest-to-staff ratio.

Celebrity has also invested in technology to ensure a better customer service experience, including virtual reality excursions and smartphone apps that allow you to control everything in your cabin from the lights to the thermostat. And when it comes to complaints, my advocacy team almost never hears from Celebrity customers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherelliott/2024/02/24/these-cruise-lines-have-the-best-customer-service-in-2024/?sh=771a0bd3d3eb

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 25

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hmmm... I got a chuckle out of this..... From the welcome drinks to the gift baskets on board.    I want some of what they've been smoking.

3. Celebrity

Readers liked Celebrity because it has a reputation for caring about the smallest details. From the welcome drinks to the gift baskets on board, the cruise line is a truly premium experience (and has premium prices to go with it). Behind the scenes, Celebrity invests heavily in crew training and ensures a low guest-to-staff ratio.

Celebrity has also invested in technology to ensure a better customer service experience, including virtual reality excursions and smartphone apps that allow you to control everything in your cabin from the lights to the thermostat. And when it comes to complaints, my advocacy team almost never hears from Celebrity customers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherelliott/2024/02/24/these-cruise-lines-have-the-best-customer-service-in-2024/?sh=771a0bd3d3eb

Lol that's pretty funny. I guess they haven't cruised in awhile and had to try and order a drink from a bar lately at 5-7 pm!  What gift baskets!???

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

LOLOL!!! 

"And when it comes to complaints, my advocacy team almost never hears from Celebrity customers."

Are they serious??

And they say money can't buy love...

Edited by dlh015
  • Like 1
  • Haha 14

We like X but never heard of the author..sorry! Were the results paid ads?

Obviously  impressed  by technology some of which dors not work well like the app  and  def out of touch..

was there a  poll?

• Like 1

I agree with all the comments.    I was awestruck when I read it.    Definitely  out of touch with reality.  All they would have to do is read page one of CC Celebrity Forum to hear a totally different story.

• Like 9

I guess I don't find it that hard to believe. Has anyone on this thread really followed Forbes for travel information? Do you actually send messages to Forbes "advocacy team"? Is it so hard to believe their audience is different from Cruise Critic?

Basically the same as following the Money Guy, Dave Ramsey, or Azul (or various others) on YouTube for retirement planning considerations (not to be confused with financial advice...). Different populations follow different people. I have no data on the size or demographics of Cruise Critic subscribers, nor do I have that information for Forbes. I'm sure if I approached either of them wanting to spend $1M in advertising, I'd have that information in about 5 minutes...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, markeb said:

I guess I don't find it that hard to believe. Has anyone on this thread really followed Forbes for travel information? Do you actually send messages to Forbes "advocacy team"? Is it so hard to believe their audience is different from Cruise Critic?

Basically the same as following the Money Guy, Dave Ramsey, or Azul (or various others) on YouTube for retirement planning considerations (not to be confused with financial advice...). Different populations follow different people. I have no data on the size or demographics of Cruise Critic subscribers, nor do I have that information for Forbes. I'm sure if I approached either of them wanting to spend $1M in advertising, I'd have that information in about 5 minutes...

How did you like your welcome drink and gift basket?  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

How did you like your welcome drink and gift basket?  🤣

I've probably had both, but not on my most recent cruises. Are Forbes readers defining the fruit baskets we got before the pandemic as a gift basket? No one here thinks that, but are the folks commenting on Forbes frequent cruisers? We all did get welcome aboard drinks at one time. Yes, it was crap sparkling wine, but we did get it. What's the date on the Forbes' content? I'm guessing their production schedule is much longer than the post immediately schedule on CC.

If the Forbes population and the CC population is significantly different, which seems possible if not likely, then it's not hard to believe they'd have different impressions. Forbes readers "might" actually understand that decreasing inflation doesn't mean prices drop...

• Like 1

Just now, NMTraveller said:

02/24/2024

That's publication. It may be internet, but they're an old school publication. Cutoff date was probably months ago.

8 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Which lines were #1 and #2 and if Celebrity offers welcome drinks and gift baskets, then what are the others offering?

Viking #1 and Holland America 2 !!!

Remember waaay back before the Internet there were two travel rating companies, AAA and Mobil Travel Guides? Forbes publication's travel department bought the rights to Mobil Travel Guides annual hotel ratings. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Which lines were #1 and #2 and if Celebrity offers welcome drinks and gift baskets, then what are the others offering?

Here are the top cruise lines for customer service in 2024, according to the survey:

1. Viking

2. Holland America

3. Celebrity

4. Disney

5. Seabourn

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Forgetting the welcome drinks and gift baskets, we have no complaints on the customer service we receive from Celebrity at all.  So no surprise it’s ranked 3!

• Like 5

I generally ignore Christopher Elliott’s articles. For a travel writer and advocate, he has a remarkably high ratio of inaccurate or false information to the things he gets right. 

• Like 1