LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

15 hours ago, TrixieBel said:

Except it seems CanadianBurger was able to just walk into the area as he said the doors weren’t actually locked… 🫣

Or simply tailgate.

5 hours ago, Pixelskaya said:

45.00 + 18% gratuity for 6 cocktails is not a bad deal.

My problem with Spellbound is I don’t want to have dinner there in front of a magician, I just want to try the bar.

It seems like an overkill for people who have the Plus package. 

I’ve done reserve/club on sky

and enchanted. Menus were always the same save for an extra option. Did Princess say the Sun would have different menus in reserve and signature vs mdr?

Posted (edited)

Horrible. One extra dish?  I’ll take Luminea over Princess Signature every time. I knew Princess wouldn’t know how to do suite life 

(And I have 3 cruises with Princess booked that I am looking forward to.  I just lower my expectations.)

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, chamima said:

So I remember the question being asked if the menus were the same in all three restaurants but i don't remember @CanadianBurger or anyone else answering it.

The MDR dining room menu is in the app,

so here’s tonight’s. You can compare it to the Reserve when I post it later. 

IMG_3474.thumb.png.84c96f20c1b53c4ad5f30d74e77f381f.png

IMG_3475.thumb.png.3300560c5281282e188559bd0407edbc.png

IMG_3476.thumb.png.8f2c5d1f8426ade78f0baafb0b3f8a36.png

• Thanks 6

9 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

IMG_3474.thumb.png.84c96f20c1b53c4ad5f30d74e77f381f.png

IMG_3475.thumb.png.3300560c5281282e188559bd0407edbc.png

IMG_3476.thumb.png.8f2c5d1f8426ade78f0baafb0b3f8a36.png

Interesting. Wonder if this is the case on every ship that they upgraded the MDR Princess Favorites meat option to NY Strip from the chicken. 

20 minutes ago, nymshowdown said:

Interesting. Wonder if this is the case on every ship that they upgraded the MDR Princess Favorites meat option to NY Strip from the chicken. 

I wonder what the quality of the NY Strip. I have avoided the steak options the last few years as the quality has gone down hill.

On 3/14/2024 at 8:13 PM, AbbyGirl said:

@CanadianBurger - Thanks for the updates! I was wondering if you wouldn't mind swinging by the Spa and just taking a picture of the pricing for the Enclave for the per day and per week price. I've seen the pics/videos so no need for more unless you just want to take them, but I'm torn on whether I want the full week pass or the day pass (which I've never bought, thus I don't know the price). I've always done the full week but with the itinerary, I'm not sure I'd get enough out of a full week?!? I love the warm chairs and the thermospa for my aching body.  Thank you in advance!

I wandered by the Spa today and asked. 

The answer may cause a firestorm like the Sanctuary…

1. Pricing IS dynamic. She couldn’t give me a price per day on a future cruise because she said it changes based on demand. 

2. Single-day passes for the Thermal Spa are NOT sold for sea days. Only port days. 

3. A day pass for today would have been $49. From today to the end of the cruise was a “special” of $149, for the three days left. I guess it would be the only way to use the Thermal Spa on the sea day tomorrow. 

The prices below seem crazily out of whack, but then I’m a guy, so what do I know…

IMG_3477.thumb.jpeg.b27ded11ad04a82c459685fd67d938fa.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Grabbed a table at O’Malley’s, and will be having a casual dining late lunch here when they start serving food. 

There’s a limited amount of Guinness on board, so they’ve limited availability to this pub. And it’s bottled… 😞

IMG_3479.thumb.jpeg.d4deef48a0dca7df2a4063e6a124a25f.jpeg

IMG_3480.thumb.jpeg.2e952bf566b1728bd9c88cde1e00fad5.jpeg

IMG_3481.thumb.jpeg.ba98212ab339f98135f44ca3862624c1.jpeg

IMG_3482.thumb.jpeg.39d199a5b78443b441fa24f037d893c2.jpeg

Edited by CanadianBurger
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

1. Pricing IS dynamic. She couldn’t give me a price per day on a future cruise because she said it changes based on demand. 

2. Single-day passes for the Thermal Spa are NOT sold for sea days. Only port days. 

3. A day pass for today would have been $49. From today to the end of the cruise was a “special” of $149, for the three days left. I guess it would be the only way to use the Thermal Spa on the sea day tomorrow. 

The prices below seem crazily out of whack, but then I’m a guy, so what do I know…

Thank you and much appreciated that you went out of your way.  No firestorm from me and I really hope it doesn’t cause one for others.

Weekly pass it is for me which is what I’ve done every other time. 

• Like 1

I also thank you so much for the information that you could get about the Spa and any day passes.  Yes, that daily rate does seem high.  No 'firestorm' thought... We know what to expect.

I am one to want to be out in the fresh air and sunshine as much as possible while cruising.  If we get lucky enough enjoy some time in the Spa, a day pass will have to do.

All of us here could not have enough words to thank you and to show our appreciation for all you have been doing here !!!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Grabbed a table at O’Malley’s, and will be having a casual dining late lunch here when they start serving food. 

There’s a limited amount of Guinness on board, so they’ve limited availability to this pub. And it’s bottled… 😞

IMG_3479.thumb.jpeg.d4deef48a0dca7df2a4063e6a124a25f.jpeg

IMG_3480.thumb.jpeg.2e952bf566b1728bd9c88cde1e00fad5.jpeg

IMG_3481.thumb.jpeg.ba98212ab339f98135f44ca3862624c1.jpeg

IMG_3482.thumb.jpeg.39d199a5b78443b441fa24f037d893c2.jpeg

can 2 people share the $14.99 casual meal, then add another starter?

• Like 1

Today was Crete (changed from Santorini). 

I’ve been in the graphic arts/printing industry for almost 40 years. To find a Museum of Typography on Crete, only a five minute taxi ride from the port, had me more exited than all the ruins we saw. 

IMG_3449.thumb.jpeg.1428cf7c1e487490eae0e7ec3de231e4.jpeg

IMG_3402.thumb.jpeg.8d7425612b3875bf73aca950dc984690.jpeg

IMG_3404.thumb.jpeg.6e8245888754f3d6ff059b15cb043cb3.jpeg

IMG_3407.thumb.jpeg.21815cdfc2504ad5ddaeba789b1ea183.jpeg

IMG_3405.thumb.jpeg.84530a898d961f077968e29dc8f49942.jpeg

IMG_3409.thumb.jpeg.fa0d689b2224bf827284e0df432039c1.jpeg

IMG_3418.thumb.jpeg.c5f1174b32f990e5e9e4c974ae09e6db.jpeg

IMG_3427.thumb.jpeg.fbb7f6350dbc41642270b6f9231f65b8.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Map of where we docked (blue dot bottom right) and where the free shuttle buses drop off/pick up (red pin top left). 

We took a taxi to the museum from the port, and after we returned I took the shuttle bus into town to wander around. Coming back was a bit of a madhouse. At least a hundred people queuing to catch a bus back, and groups of people either oblivious to people waiting and/or just used to pushing their way through crowds, trying to crowd into buses before those waiting. 

IMG_3464.thumb.png.be090cc2640fc741936d1254571c4a52.png

IMG_3465.thumb.jpeg.c3dadf74bcd86a7328e652544c5d2e45.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

can 2 people share the $14.99 casual meal, then add another starter?

On the Sky in Feb, I asked if we could use 1 casual credit at Alfredo’s for 2 people.  It seemed he was used to being asked. Each ship might be different, so ask when you check in to be seated.

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 6:26 PM, CanadianBurger said:

Interesting tale for dinner tonight. We went to the Reserve dining room around 7:20. There must have been forty people in line. Queuing for dining is one of my pet peeves on a ship, so we looked for options. Turns out, we still had our 7:30 “classic” dining reservations at Horizon Deck 6 from before we got the cabin upgrade. Headed down there, and waited only 3-4 minutes for a table. But we saw a massive queue for anytime dining on Horizons Deck 7 that went past the elevator lobby, around the corner, and down the hall. 

My wife only lasted five minutes after we were seated. I don’t know if it was being so far aft combined with the wind and seas, but the excessive rolling side-to-side motion was enough to overcome both bonine and her sea wristbands. We had to leave before she became ill. It did look beautiful. Sorry, I didn’t get a pic of the menu there. 

IMG_2620.thumb.jpeg.d29b1b4a3c6d6c14bb448876641f0c22.jpeg

I love your Live. Should I understand that the movement is felt on deck 6 more than the upper levels? I’m asking since we have a cove balcony for our cruise in June. Need to know what to expect. Thanks.

32 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I also thank you so much for the information that you could get about the Spa and any day passes.  Yes, that daily rate does seem high.  No 'firestorm' thought... We know what to expect.

I am one to want to be out in the fresh air and sunshine as much as possible while cruising.  If we get lucky enough enjoy some time in the Spa, a day pass will have to do.

All of us here could not have enough words to thank you and to show our appreciation for all you have been doing here !!!

It was more the menu prices for services I thought was extreme. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pansy2801 said:

I love your Live. Should I understand that the movement is felt on deck 6 more than the upper levels? I’m asking since we have a cove balcony for our cruise in June. Need to know what to expect. Thanks.

That was only at the extreme aft end of the dining room the one time we were there. 

Otherwise, this is the smoothest ship I’ve ever sailed. Sitting at O’Malley’s right know (deck 7), and I didn’t even know we’d left until I looked out the window. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

That's typical of our local spa pricing.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Map of where we docked (blue dot bottom right) and where the free shuttle buses drop off/pick up (red pin top left). 

We took a taxi to the museum from the port, and after we returned I took the shuttle bus into town to wander around. Coming back was a bit of a madhouse. At least a hundred people queuing to catch a bus back, and groups of people either oblivious to people waiting and/or just used to pushing their way through crowds, trying to crowd into buses before those waiting. 

Those people must have been the Elites who think they get priority boarding. 

Edited by MissP22
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Thanks for posting the MDR menu for tonight. I’m looking forward to comparing it to the Reserve menu when posted. If it’s not too much to ask, would you be able to go by the Signature Restaurant and take photos of their menu tonight so everyone can see the difference between the 3 menus for the same evening?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

I’ve done reserve/club on sky

and enchanted. Menus were always the same save for an extra option. Did Princess say the Sun would have different menus in reserve and signature vs mdr?

I thought there was to be a daily prime rib carving station in the Reserve & Signature restaurants. Only seen one passenger post there was not.