Sun Princess

5 hours ago, Esprit said:

The steps were far busier than on previous visits to Santorini

IMG_8063.jpeg

At least you got to go which was better than what we got. Probably the biggest disappointment of our cruise. We booked rhe cruise to go to Santorini. 

29 minutes ago, asctony said:

Thank you! Yes, I knew about O'Malley's. However, do they serve Fish & Chips for lunch in the MDR?

I haven't been on the Sun yet but I've never noticed it in the DR on other ships. 

38 minutes ago, asctony said:

Thank you! Yes, I knew about O'Malley's. However, do they serve Fish & Chips for lunch in the MDR?

I think they serve it in the Americana Diner  which was Deck 8 but is  now being moved to where Butcher Block and Rudys was...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

For some reason, the fish-n-chips on the Sun has gotten mixed reviews?

Seems everything on the Sun is getting mixed reviews LOL.. At this point Im not reading them anymore and will approach everything with an open mind.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, FLAlaska said:

Seems everything on the Sun is getting mixed reviews LOL.. At this point Im not reading them anymore and will approach everything with an open mind.  

I say the same thing but at the same time I'm keeping track of all the negative comments just to see how truthful they are.

You can find many bad comments about all the ships if you read enough reviews although I only credit those people I know from past trips. 

• Like 1

Just now, 555 said:

I say the same thing but at the same time I'm keeping track of all the negative comments just to see how truthful they are.

You can find many bad comments about all the ships if you read enough reviews although I only credit those people I know from past trips. 

If one went only by reviews they would never cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a heads up to those with cruises sailing in Oct.

The Longshoremen's Union has threatened to strike after their contract is up on September 30.  The planned strike may start as early as Oct 1.  The Biden administration has said they will not intervene.

Not sure if it'll affect passenger cruise ships. 

15 hours ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Just a heads up to those with cruises sailing in Oct.

The Longshoremen's Union has threatened to strike after their contract is up on September 30.  The planned strike may start as early as Oct 1.  The Biden administration has said they will not intervene.

Not sure if it'll affect passenger cruise ships. 

I would expect that all ships will be affected.  The Sun Princess arrives in Port Everglades on the 9th of October from her transatlantic.

• Like 1

During the strike on the west coast cruise ships were not impacted. They were not core to the issues that the long shoremen were striking over and they did not strike the cruise ship ports.

Edited by TRLD
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Grego said:

I would expect that all ships will be affected.  The Sun Princess arrives in Port Everglades on the 9th of October from her transatlantic.

According to this article, cruise ships would continue to operate 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/port-officials-ready-for-first-strike-by-dockworkers-in-decades/#

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRLD said:

During the strike on the west coast cruise ships were not impacted. They were not core to the issues that the long shoremen were striking over and they did not strike the cruise ship ports.

I was a bit concerned since most cruise ports are also commercial ports.

In a video I saw, the president of the Longshoremen's Union said that on Oct 1, they will shut down all ports all over the world if their demands are not met.  Probably just hyperbole. 

The targets of the shutdown are East Coast ports, including those in Florida.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

I was a bit concerned since most cruise ports are also commercial ports.

In a video I saw, the president of the Longshoremen's Union said that on Oct 1, they will shut down all ports all over the world if their demands are not met.  Probably just hyperbole. 

The targets of the shutdown are East Coast ports, including those in Florida.

I agree. My concern is that even though Port Everglades isn't a large commercial port, they do have commercial ships that use this port.  Miami, Tampa and Port Canaveral will have some impact on their operations here in Florida.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly,  I saw a map of the ports there were expected to be affected by the Strike.  As mentioned just above, FLL wasn't one of them.   

If they are going to exclude the cruise ship docks, that would be good.

Some ports affected do also have cruise ships.