Crown Grill & Sabatini’s Future Price Increases

Posted (edited)

Today I was looking at our booked cruises on the Princess app for a year from now…around Australia in mid March 2025 followed 2 days later from Auckland to LA in mid April 2025.

Checking specialty dining options found these USD prices (12 & under are half price).

Crown Grill: OZ - $39; NZ - $63

Sabatini’s: OZ - $35; NZ - $55

Even if these prices include the 18% tip, the prices have greatly increased. I know that their specialty dining was less expensive than on Celebrity but they’re about the same price now & thought the Celebrity specialty dinners were much better (taste is subjective). And if like reports of the current prices ($39/$35) adding an 18% service charge (AKA tip), CG will cost $74.34 and Sabatini’s $64.90.

A year or so ago both restaurants increased by $10 to $39/$35 but will now increase by $24 (CG) and $20 (Sabatini’s). And with these increases beginning next Spring the cost for Plus/Premier packages might also increase. If not, then these specialty dining increases might be another attempt to convince passengers to purchase packages. With our elite level benefits & our style of cruising packages are not cost-effective for us while for others they are a worthwhile purchase…it’s good to have options.

Is anyone else seeing the higher specialty dining prices for cruises beginning around April 2025?

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Today I was looking at our booked cruises on the Princess app for a year from now…around Australia in mid March 2025 followed 2 days later from Auckland to LA in mid April 2025.

Checking specialty dining options found these USD prices (12 & under are half price).

Even if these prices include the 18% tip, the prices have greatly increased. I know that their specialty dining was less expensive than on Celebrity but they’re about the same price now & thought the Celebrity specialty dinners were much better (taste is subjective). And if like reports of the current prices ($39/$35) adding an 18% service charge (AKA tip), CG will cost $74.34 and Sabatini’s $64.90.

A year or so ago both restaurants increased by $10 to $39/$35 but will now increase by $24 (CG) and $20 (Sabatini’s). And with these increases beginning next Spring the cost for Plus/Premier packages might also increase. If not, then these specialty dining increases might be another attempt to convince passengers to purchase packages. With our elite level benefits & our style of cruising packages are not cost-effective for us while for others they are a worthwhile purchase…it’s good to have options.

Is anyone else seeing the higher specialty dining prices for cruises beginning around April 2025?

I don’t believe those are USD but AUD

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, memoak said:

I don’t believe those are USD but AUD

I don’t agree…they are in USD.

While the OZ cruise’s OBCs are in AUD to prebook tours & for onboard purchases all other advance purchases are made by c/c in USD. The SD prices ($39/$35) in OZ are the USD prices to prepay for reservations.

For the NZ to LA cruise with higher prices OBCs are in USD as are all other advance & onboard purchases…not in AUD.

So what makes you assume the higher prices are not in USD but are in AUD?

Edited by Astro Flyer

52 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I don’t agree…they are in USD.

While the OZ cruise’s OBCs are in AUD to prebook tours & for onboard purchases all other advance purchases are made by c/c in USD. The SD prices ($39/$35) in OZ are the USD prices to prepay for reservations.

For the NZ to LA cruise with higher prices OBCs are in USD as are all other advance & onboard purchases…not in AUD.

So what makes you assume the higher prices are not in USD but are in AUD?

Looking at my booked cruises I think it may be this new app which is also showing the higher prices for cruises I have in 4 months. I would think that Princess would be getting word out to travel agents if this is for real

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Looking at my booked cruises I think it may be this new app which is also showing the higher prices for cruises I have in 4 months. I would think that Princess would be getting word out to travel agents if this is for real

Hopefully you’re correct & this is only another app glitch. 🤞

Thanks for sharing that you’re seeing higher prices for cruises…I was seeking experiences of others. You have only 4 months until you learn about the actual prices which will be long before my April 2025 cruise where I’m seeing the higher prices.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

When the new app came out, I saw the same prices shown as USD and this is for a ship that does sail OZ/NZ earlier in the year.  We are going from the US to So America and they STILL have the wrong prices.  They are in AUD, because IT can’t figure out how to change them.

I’m not reporting it anymore.

Try the web-site version of the App, see if it is correct.  I went

onto the old app and booked mine.  Now that option is gone.

FYI:  Ship is Majestic 2024/25.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Hopefully you’re correct & this is only another app glitch. 🤞

Thanks for sharing that you’re seeing higher prices for cruises…I was seeking experiences of others. You have only 4 months until you learn about the actual prices which will be long before my April 2025 cruise where I’m seeing the higher prices.

My cruise in one month still shows the regular prices. Things on the app seem all wacko

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Try the web-site version of the App, see if it is correct.  I went

onto the old app and booked mine.  Now that option is gone.

Thanks for the suggestion…I tried the website version but couldn’t get access to my reservation & received this: This booking has already been claimed.

Duh Princess, by me! Oh well, just another Princess glitch.

For our upcoming cruise I used the old Medallion app to make SD reservations & for next year’s cruises will patiently wait for the correct prices on the new Princess app…or to just book onboard during our combined 50 days during our two cruises.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Showing up on my new app (old app has been discontinued).image.thumb.png.b56f0cda0f41cebaaf848c69e74c4915.png

Mahalo…ours is correct on one cruise but is wrong on the next cruise 2 days later. Based on my initial Princess app experiences everything worked well…obviously there are still some glitches in the app.

• Like 1

The Crown Grill price in October/November 2023 on the Grand Princess sailing both in AU and NZ was $53 Australian Dollars - no 18% tip added.  Before the Grand reached AU and was still under the US Dollars for their charges on board, the CG price was $39 with no 18% Tip.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

The Crown Grill price in October/November 2023 on the Grand Princess sailing both in AU and NZ was $53 Australian Dollars - no 18% tip added.  Before the Grand reached AU and was still under the US Dollars for their charges on board, the CG price was $39 with no 18% Tip.

Sabatinis is AU $55 and the Bayou Steakhouse is AU $63 for my upcoming world cruise on Coral Princess. Note: on ships operating in AUD there are no gratuities added to drinks prices or speciality restaurant prices - the price you see is what you pay.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sabatinis is AU $55 and the Bayou Steakhouse is AU $63 for my upcoming world cruise on Coral Princess. Note: on ships operating in AUD there are no gratuities added to drinks prices or speciality restaurant prices - the price you see is what you pay.

Thanks…based on other posts the new Princess app is sometimes providing incorrect prices.

My Auckland to LA cruise which doesn’t go to any Australian ports and all pre-cruise & onboard spending is in USD incorrectly shows the AUD prices instead of the USD prices.

Good to know the AUD prices which will apply to my around Australia cruise. Based on current exchange rates: $55 AUD = $36.10 USD; $63 AUD = $41.35 USD

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Mahalo…ours is correct on one cruise but is wrong on the next cruise 2 days later. Based on my initial Princess app experiences everything worked well…obviously there are still some glitches in the app.

Glitches?  How could that be?  They are no longer supporting the old app that took 4 years to perfect.  aka Sheldon Cooper

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks for the suggestion…I tried the website version but couldn’t get access to my reservation & received this: This booking has already been claimed.

We use the web version instead of the app. When you log in, use the option to log in using your booking number. Scroll to the bottom, (depending on your screen.) Good luck.

9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Grand Princess has the Crown Grill  instead of the Bayou which we also enjoyed   around South America.  So based on my cruise in  Oct/Nov 2023,  the price for Crown Grill equivalent to your Bayou, the price for the Steakhouse has increased $10AU.  

For our cruise from San Francisco to AU and NZ, we were cruising before the gratuities were added to different dining venues..  We don't cruise enough in AU or NZ to be experts on when or IF gratuities are charged for Au/NZ cruises. 

3 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

We use the web version instead of the app. When you log in, use the option to log in using your booking number. Scroll to the bottom, (depending on your screen.) Good luck.

I log into My Account & then go to the Cruise Personalizer of the booked cruise I want to view. I click the link to “Try our web version” that takes me to the “Link Your Booking” webpage with my name & DOB already listed. I add my booking number & select “Link Booking” to receive this message: This booking has already been claimed.

As I recall from past posts & from my previous experiences this glitch happens to some of us…any other suggestions?

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

Just looked at at my 2/2025 sailing and Crown Grill is listed at $63/pp.  No way, no how will we dine there for $63!

Hopefully as others have written this is just another glitch in the new Princess app whereby some are seeing those higher prices in USD which appear to actually be the AUD prices?

As ‘ellipooh’ coined a few posts ago…such glitches are “JAPG”. 😉