Hotel recommendations for ft. Lauderdale

kalkal

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

Hyatt Place on SE. 10Th. St. or Riverside down town. Embassy Suites is a dump. Every other hotel on 17TH,ST, is nicer than E.S. 

Agree....We were just there again at Hyatt Place (March 3rd). The shuttle is $9.00pp. but a taxi is fine with a metered rate shouldn't be more than $12.00. We had a car rental since we were in between cruises but have often used a taxi if sailing from PE.

Hotel was in great shape and sold out for our time frame only thing was the 2nd elevator was still not working.

OP try looking at ValueTrip rates for your date.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 5:13 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

We also have stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street.  Very nice and it is VERY close to the pier.  Even with our Uber driving getting lost we were there in about 10 minutes.

20230220_110112.jpg

I had a terrible stay at embassy will. Never return, I did like them in the past.

I checked Hyatt Place site for pricing for our arrival date March 27, 2025, the rate is $396. Checking through Value Trips the rate is not listed for 2025, nor for March, 2024. The April, 2024 hotel rate for a Thursday stay is listed as $279, Value Trip rate is $239.

so the $396 vs $279 is quite different.🤷🏼 But my question is about getting a quote through VT, it looks like I need to request a booking - with credit card payment - without knowing the rate. Is that correct?

As an aside, the rate for Riverside jumps to $999 on March 4, 2025…I’m guessing they just haven’t updated the rates yet as rates up to March 3 are $250…

Those 2025 aren't out yet...you're way too early. Once the 2025 rates comes out possibly Oct 2024 you'll be able to see rates. When you book you do need to give a credit card to hold the reservation but nothing is charged until you're at the hotel. 

• Like 1

Yes I figured the Riverside rates were just an anomaly, but boy what a shocker until I looked at early March! And the differences between the Hyatt rack rate and the VT Hyatt rack rate doesn’t matter…I’ll check back…

• Like 1

For Hyatt check pricing at their Dania Hyatt Place location. The other side of the airport and ample restaurants nearby   

We are in Ft. Lauderdale a few days pre cruise and booked Hyatt house suite at Dania which works best for us as well be renting a car at FLL  

• Like 1

Blue Water, Hyatt Place from May 1 thru Sept 30  on Value Trips is either fri- sat 119 or M-T 109 a night plus tax. Oct 1- Dec31, M-T 129 or  F-S 149 a night. Rates for 2025 do not come out till very late in the year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

Blue Water, Hyatt Place from May 1 thru Sept 30  on Value Trips is either fri- sat 119 or M-T 109 a night plus tax. Oct 1- Dec31, M-T 129 or  F-S 149 a night. Rates for 2025 do not come out till very late in the year.

Yes the 2024 rates on the VT site are clear…those that are listed.

I was expecting to have the Jan - Mar ‘25 rates available since we are < 50 weeks out but no worries, I’ll continue to check back! 👍

Valid Dates Day of Week Reg. Rate* Value Rate
Apr 1, 2024 -
Apr 30, 2024
Sun-Thurs $279.00 $239
Fri-Sat $309.00 $289
May 1, 2024 -
Sept 30, 2024
Sun-Thurs $179.00 $109
Fri-Sat $189.00 $119
Oct 1, 2024 -
Dec 31, 2024
Sun-Thurs $199.00 $129
Fri-Sat $229.00 $149

43 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

For Hyatt check pricing at their Dania Hyatt Place location. The other side of the airport and ample restaurants nearby   

We are in Ft. Lauderdale a few days pre cruise and booked Hyatt house suite at Dania which works best for us as well be renting a car at FLL  

Will do, thanks. 
We stayed in the Dania Beach area years ago and that is fine for pre-cruise.

I started looking at Riverside and others hotel on the River Walk for the girls to enjoy post-cruise, prices are higher of course.

The rates on VT site does not include the tax.  The total price will show on the confirmation email you will receive.

If you need to modify or cancel you contact the Hyatt Place direct.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Marriott Harbor Beach 👍

$700+/night…😮

For our post-cruise stay we’re just looking for a spot with a nice pool, no beach needed, but thanks!

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 7:02 PM, WatchHill said:

On 4/7/2024 at 7:50 PM, blue_water said:

Will do, thanks. 
We stayed in the Dania Beach area years ago and that is fine for pre-cruise.

I started looking at Riverside and others hotel on the River Walk for the girls to enjoy post-cruise, prices are higher of course.

Both the Hyatts at Dania Pointe are great.  Tons of nice restaurants within walking distance

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 8:07 PM, nhraformula00 said:

Hyatt Place on SE. 10Th. St. or Riverside down town. Embassy Suites is a dump. Every other hotel on 17TH,ST, is nicer than E.S. 

Question...Read it is .4 miles to the port. Have a baby with us...Is it a nice walk with a stroller and rolling luggage or not safe??

2 minutes ago, Pepperoni0120 said:

Question...Read it is .4 miles to the port. Have a baby with us...Is it a nice walk with a stroller and rolling luggage or not safe??

We’ve not walked it, but have read other posters warn against it…Check other threads here…