Back to back on different Princess ships

pamssanity

Has anyone done two cruises back to back on different ships?  How did that work. Were taking two Princess cruises out of Ft Lauderdale and didn’t realize they’re on two different ships. Any experiences would be appreciated  

We have done this recently, but up in Vancouver.  You will have what looks like one cruise on your app but you will get two different medallions.  It is awkward to make reservations in the medallion app but otherwise, everything will just go as expected.   

45 minutes ago, pamssanity said:

Has anyone done two cruises back to back on different ships?  How did that work. Were taking two Princess cruises out of Ft Lauderdale and didn’t realize they’re on two different ships. Any experiences would be appreciated  

Just did this in December.  Seven day cruise on Sky Princess (16- 23 Dec), followed by 14 daus on Emerald Princess (23 Dec - 6 Jan).  When they hand out the disembarkation tags for your first cruise, go to guest services a d see whether they are arranging a shuttle tontake yonto the next cruise.  In our case, Princess did that for the 40 or so passengers doing the S2S.  Makes life a little easier.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We have done this recently, but up in Vancouver.  You will have what looks like one cruise on your app but you will get two different medallions.  It is awkward to make reservations in the medallion app but otherwise, everything will just go as expected.   

I'm a bit surprised.  Why would this not show up as 2 "normal" cruises?

5 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

My Sky and Emerald cruises did not show as two separate cruises on the app.  As it turned out, it made nonreal difference... just kind of unexpected and weird.

11 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It was impossible to book any dining as we were on the Royal and transferred over to the Majestic for a B2B,  It showed as one cruise in the app for all three sailings.  
I don’t think the app has been able to handle B2Bs, much less Side2Sidea very well since its inception.  

Hi

I have done this in the POM. It was easy there. The ships only had one berth between them. It was an easy walk, and not raining. I would think the ease of getting between ships will make all the difference on how convenient it is. 

I have had two cruises departing from different ports, that was more the same as two separate cruises, since we had to take an Uber between ports.

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I don’t think the app has been able to handle B2Bs, much less Side2Sidea very well since its inception.  

Oh well....we all know about *that* type of issue, don't we! 🤣

• Like 1

We are doing a S2S in July out of Southampton.  Agree that the APP does not handle very well.  It shows the entire 33 days on both ships but as others have mentioned we cannot book dining on the 2nd leg.   Have contacted Ocean ready and they cannot seem to book dining for it either.

The APP thinks that the dining reservation continue in the same MDR at the same time however, the ships have totally different MDR's so that makes it rather impossible. 

Hopefully they can fix this glitch in the APP but I suspect there are not that many S2S voyages to warrant a programming upgrade.

Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes smoothly boarding the ships.

Mike

We're doing the same s2s in July out of Southampton as Mike above.  However, we had no problem booking dining reservations on the app for each leg.  On turnaround day, our dining reservations change from 6pm in the Provence dining room for the first 21 days to 5:40 in the Concerto for the remainder.  

1 hour ago, antsp said:

Emerald is to far a walk from the Sky, a taxi will probably be no more than $10

The minimum fare is now $13....and yes, it would be much too far to walk

• Thanks 1

In Ft. Lauderdale one ship would most likely be at pier 2, the other would be docked at mid ship pier, maybe pier 21. You disembark the 1st ship and then have to shuttle or take a taxi over to the other ship. You really can't walk between the mid ship piers and pier 2. You then wait and embark with the other passengers just like you will do when you initially embarked your first cruise. It would be helpful if you mentioned the ships and dates. With that information you are able to search for the pier assignments at the Port Everglades web site. If the assignments are too far out from experience you can make a fairly educated prediction regarding the piers. 

16 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Just did this in December.  Seven day cruise on Sky Princess (16- 23 Dec), followed by 14 daus on Emerald Princess (23 Dec - 6 Jan).  When they hand out the disembarkation tags for your first cruise, go to guest services a d see whether they are arranging a shuttle tontake yonto the next cruise.  In our case, Princess did that for the 40 or so passengers doing the S2S.  Makes life a little easier.

I've read that a few time now about Princess providing a free shuttle to the next ship. One time I read that the shuttle was even to a different cruise line. 

2 hours ago, 555 said:

I've read that a few time now about Princess providing a free shuttle to the next ship. One time I read that the shuttle was even to a different cruise line. 

This past February 28th when we were boarding at pier 2 there was a person outside the terminal with a sign indicating a shuttle. These shuttles are no charge. There is also an intra port garage shuttle that is no charge. It's possible that the Princess intra port shuttle and the garage shuttle are one in the same. 

2 hours ago, skynight said:

This past February 28th when we were boarding at pier 2 there was a person outside the terminal with a sign indicating a shuttle. These shuttles are no charge. There is also an intra port garage shuttle that is no charge. It's possible that the Princess intra port shuttle and the garage shuttle are one in the same. 

Thanks. I usually don't pay much attention to those signs since we drive to the Florida port & are just looking for our free shuttle to get to our car. 

It is a great perk that Princess offers.