Folio at end of cruise

lorri111

Got off Royal 2 days ago and did not get a final folio. I think pre Covid it used to be delivered to stateroom on last night, and I seem to remember someone saying now it would come in email form at end of cruise. I took lots of screenshots of course at the time but expected something official from Princess, even though we left with nothing owing. There is a hold of $100 on my credit card which I assume will come off in a couple of days (bank dependant) but surprised not to have anything official. What is the drill now with final statement?

As part of their "save the paper" campaign, folio statements are no longer delivered to the stateroom.  On the Grand/GEM class ships, there are kiosks to print out your statements...at any time.  Or Customer Service will be happy to print one out for you.  In addition, you can view your account on the app (but it disappears as soon as you leave the ship/screen shot is a great idea).  

I can't say what happens on a Royal Class ship (don't know if they have kiosks).

Your hold will drop off in a few days.  I just charged a portion of my final payment and it took 3 business days for it to go from pending to posted on my Credit Card account.  Word of caution....do not wait until the last day to pay your final payment.  

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

As part of their "save the paper" campaign, folio statements are no longer delivered to the stateroom.  On the Grand/GEM class ships, there are kiosks to print out your statements...at any time.  Or Customer Service will be happy to print one out for you.  In addition, you can view your account on the app (but it disappears as soon as you leave the ship/screen shot is a great idea).  

I can't say what happens on a Royal Class ship (don't know if they have kiosks).

Your hold will drop off in a few days.  I just charged a portion of my final payment and it took 3 business days for it to go from pending to posted on my Credit Card account.  Word of caution....do not wait until the last day to pay your final payment.  

The machine near customer service didn't work. I am still surprised they do not provide any final statement, even in email form.

Yes, they do send you an email attachment of your folio.  It may take a few days.  Some have found it to be “different” than their screen shot.  Best to have a “final” hard copy before getting off the ship.  Unfortunately, the kiosks do break down often or run out of paper.

2 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Got off Royal 2 days ago and did not get a final folio. I think pre Covid it used to be delivered to stateroom on last night, and I seem to remember someone saying now it would come in email form at end of cruise. I took lots of screenshots of course at the time but expected something official from Princess, even though we left with nothing owing. There is a hold of $100 on my credit card which I assume will come off in a couple of days (bank dependant) but surprised not to have anything official. What is the drill now with final statement?

We usually get the final folio by email within a few days.  Some have reported not receiving them. Check your junk mail also.

Your CC hold should fall off, 5-7 business days, depending on your bank.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The machine near customer service didn't work. I am still surprised they do not provide any final statement, even in email form.

They do. I received an email the same day I disembarked in Feb. As mentioned above, check junk folder.

Edited by leck57

5 hours ago, memoak said:

Usually get an email  one day after the cruise but you can check the folio daily on the app

Agreed.  I looked back in my email, and for our last cruise the folios for the 3 of us showed up in my email the day after disembarkation at 5am Pacific.

11 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

We usually get the final folio by email within a few days.  Some have reported not receiving them. Check your junk mail also.

Your CC hold should fall off, 5-7 business days, depending on your bank.

My statement went to junk mail.  Always Get a hard copy both midcruise and the last day.  No.lines usually just before dinner.

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Has anyone tried the option to have their folio printed & delivered to their stateroom?

I noticed that app option: Service; Stateroom Amenities and

IMG_8590.jpeg

Sounds great!  Now we just need someone to confirm that it works!

13 minutes ago, lahlah57 said:

I always get the hard copy from lobby kiosk.I stop by every 2 days to get a copy so if there is something questionable I can get it fixed right away.

You prefer that to the app. ?  On the app you you do it from bed why make a trip to the lobby ?

• Like 1

Still no email, 3 days after end of cruise and not in junk. Wonder if it is because we didn't have bill at end of cruise as was covered by OBC.

Perhaps but was the OBC refundable? If so they may owe you some money and in that case you should have received a folio statement. I would have thought that you would get a statement regardless. 

3 hours ago, leck57 said:

Perhaps but was the OBC refundable? If so they may owe you some money and in that case you should have received a folio statement. I would have thought that you would get a statement regardless. 

OBC was not refundable. I did online chat and person is sending request to post-cruise dept to action.

17 hours ago, lorri111 said:

OBC was not refundable. I did online chat and person is sending request to post-cruise dept to action.

Apparently it was a huge deal me asking for a statement as I have just got an email giving me a case number and saying it might be 10 days for a response. All I wanted was an end of cruise financial statement, which should have come regardless!

18 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Apparently it was a huge deal me asking for a statement as I have just got an email giving me a case number and saying it might be 10 days for a response. All I wanted was an end of cruise financial statement, which should have come regardless!

I agree, it should have been provided regardless.

As for your case number, good luck. On 6 February I wrote to Princess about something and received a quick email advising the response might take up to 10 days. Nothing by mid-March so I wrote again just following up the original. Yep, you guessed it - I got another case number with another wait for 10 days. We are now well past that 10 days as well. Princess customer service is a disgrace.

27 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I agree, it should have been provided regardless.

As for your case number, good luck. On 6 February I wrote to Princess about something and received a quick email advising the response might take up to 10 days. Nothing by mid-March so I wrote again just following up the original. Yep, you guessed it - I got another case number with another wait for 10 days. We are now well past that 10 days as well. Princess customer service is a disgrace.

Pretty damn bad, I agree. I wasn't cross before, but I am now, and I am just about to fill in my post cruise survey!

On 4/10/2024 at 3:30 PM, memoak said:

You prefer that to the app. ?  On the app you you do it from bed why make a trip to the lobby ?

I'm a hard copy girl that I keep these in order in travel file. Highlighted. Any questions I can hand the discrepancies to them.

Works well and fast on every cruise.

We disembarked Coral Princess, after a 26 night cruise around Australia, on 26th March. Still waiting for final folio…so glad I printed out a paper copy from the Folio Machine, on our last morning. Hope it syncs with credit card bill !!!!