Does Celebrity have Spring Breakers like Royal? Looking to take a group of 55+ March 3, 2025

Hi All

I'm new to Celebrity, my neighbors are looking to do a group March 3 2025.  I know that is the beginning of 
College Spring break and we don't want to be on a party boat with a bunch of drunk young people.

We are looking at Celebrity Silhouette to the Bahamas next year. Should we just go in February>

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Linda

2 minutes ago, GeorgiaMOM said:

College Spring break and we don't want to be on a party boat with a bunch of drunk young people

Versus being onboard with a bunch of drunk old people. Cheers. 🍻

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, GeorgiaMOM said:

Hi All

I'm new to Celebrity, my neighbors are looking to do a group March 3 2025.  I know that is the beginning of 
College Spring break and we don't want to be on a party boat with a bunch of drunk young people.

We are looking at Celebrity Silhouette to the Bahamas next year. Should we just go in February>

Thanks,

Linda

How long is the cruise you are contemplating? That will have an impact on the crowd. If it is one of the 3 or 4 day cruises you are more likely to get a younger demographic.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, GeorgiaMOM said:

Hi All

Thanks,

Linda

March 3 is a bit early for the spring break crowd and February is also a big school vacation time for many in the US.  I combined a 4 night and a 5 night in Dec on Summit.  Was not many kids at all but as they were two separate shorter cruisers, it was the drunk 50 somethings that got carried away.

Generally no. Also spring break varies for colleges- though a lot will be that week. I've cruised celebrity during spring break weeks and not seen any. But... the way I look at it is if it's a concern don't do it. Because chances are there's could be! 

• Like 1

some spring break dates are odd this yr .some local high schools in NY are having it next week 

check around  

I think trips including Coco Cay will attract more  breakers

• Like 1

Did one 7 day spring break cruise 8-10 years ago, we avoided the pool deck which was where most of the drunk young people were so didn’t impact us too much!  Have not done a spring or 7 day cruise since! If Feb works, go then!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hcat said:

some spring break dates are odd this yr .some local high schools in NY are having it next week 

check around  

I think trips including Coco Cay will attract more  breakers

NYC’s public schools (and maybe some others in the area) always have their Spring Break over Passover. In non-Leap Years that usually coincides with Easter. But in Leap Years it tends to be later.

yes, here some districts but not all had a short break for Easter, then 1 day off at end of Ramedan..and now a week  Over Passover .

We cruise in January for my b day and have had no breakers...but the pool party and loud music on ASCENT kept us away from that area  !  We enjoyed the cruise, but the CD ran a party type cruise.....

Celebrity is not known as a party cruise line. The current CD, liked to keep cruisers entertained and happy around the pool. IMHO

I also feel you will find more young Spring Breakers on Royal Carribbean,  Carnival, MSC,  and NCL.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I find those very different experiences…YMMV

My experiences, neither groups. We always cruise in March. Nothing less than 7 nights.  

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, GeorgiaMOM said:

I'm new to Celebrity, my neighbors are looking to do a group March 3 2025.

As long as the cruise is 7 days or more--- I wouldn't worry about it.

On every cruise there are folks that drink toooooo much and disturb others.

Some disturb others in other ways (I better stick to the topic and not get all " worked up " ).

LOL--- Just go, have a great time , and make sure none of your neighbors hang upside down pineapple stickers on their door. Otherwise, you will be getting new neighbors when you get back home. 

• Haha 1

I did a quick check for spring break for colleges in 2025.  Your timeline fits right into their schedules, and it includes lots of Florida colleges.  

To those who say it's not an issue on Celebrity, I say you may be speaking of the Celebrity of a few years ago.  These days Celebrity is deliberately going after a younger crowd and that is evident on my recent sailings.  I sailed two Celebrity cruises this March (one 6 and one 7 nights), beginning March 3, on two different ships.  There were around 500 young people onboard each cruise, primarily teens and young college age adults.  They were generally well-behaved and often traveling as groups with their families.

Years ago I sailed a 5 night during a college spring break and it became infamous for the outrageous behavior.  There were 700 college kids from 2 different Florida colleges on the Connie.  They were loud and drunk and causing chaos everywhere such that the Captain held a meeting with the senior officers to "take back the ship".  I am not exaggerating.

So I would say overall yes, you will have some college age kids in particular on an early March cruise.  How many depends on many things, including the number of days.  Shorter cruises always equal more kids during March.  Will there be as many as other lines like Carnival or Royal?  No.  Will they be well-behaved like those on my recent ones, or drunken morons like those on my 5 night sailing?  No one can say for sure.

Sort cruise during March? It’s definitely possible. We skip anything shorter than 7 nights, the months of March, April and President’s Day week. We have been pretty successful in avoiding Spring Breakers, big family groups and the like. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

big family groups and the like

We were on the Silhouette in March---- a group of 800+ followers of Abraham Hicks were onboard --- many young people in the group---- never noticed any poor behavior--- on sea days it was very easy to get a lounge in the Solarium as they were in Seminars---  

Thank you all for your responses.  We were looking at a 4 day on March 3, but now I'm rethinking that. I think we may look at the February 17th cruise.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Linda

23 minutes ago, GeorgiaMOM said:

Thank you all for your responses.  We were looking at a 4 day on March 3, but now I'm rethinking that. I think we may look at the February 17th cruise.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Linda

Just a heads up that week is a common school vacation week in New England (I can’t speak for other places in the country) so you may get families/kids.

Posted (edited)

The basic answer to your question is no, it's (still) not likely that X will be a prime target for spring breakers. They might be trying to court younger cruisers as phoenix said, but it could take a good while for them to catch up (if they ever will). Reputation is what it is, and Celebrity is not that. Possibly over-optimistic, but I'd be willing to bet money on it.

Two Novembers ago we thoroughly enjoyed the quiet, relaxing atmosphere on our 10-day Silhouette cruise. Of course as others have mentioned, the longer the cruise, the better the odds for avoiding spring break insanity.

After 16 years of cruising, Celebrity is our first choice for an almost-guaranteed pleasant and relaxing cruise. I'm here in the X forums today because after our most recent cruise on Carnival, I'm seriously thinking of changing our next Carnival booking to Celebrity, even it if costs me.

Edit to add: Thinking back on all the ways we enjoyed Silhouette a year and a half ago, I'm even more adament about recommending Celebrity over the others you mentioned. Just getting a cup of (very good) coffee was entirely effortless and thoroughly stress-free.

Edited by Moonarino
  • Like 1

We sailed Apex March 23rd. Fort Lauderdale was full of spring breakers. The ship was not. They’d be bored on board I’m sure. While Celebrity is trying to reach a younger demographic nothing they are doing makes me believe they want the spring break crowd with all it’s craziness.

Posted (edited)

Couldn't tell that by the loud music, go go go vibe and party atmosphere on ASCENT.   It was lively and sometines over the top!

What might keep beakers away is the X price,  but they are pushing 3 and 4 to a cabin with discounts!  For a short cruise limited cabin space would not be a big issue!

Edited by hcat

5 hours ago, Moonarino said:

The basic answer to your question is no, it's (still) not likely that X will be a prime target for spring breakers. They might be trying to court younger cruisers as phoenix said, but it could take a good while for them to catch up (if they ever will). Reputation is what it is, and Celebrity is not that. Possibly over-optimistic, but I'd be willing to bet money on it.

Two Novembers ago we thoroughly enjoyed the quiet, relaxing atmosphere on our 10-day Silhouette cruise. Of course as others have mentioned, the longer the cruise, the better the odds for avoiding spring break insanity.

After 16 years of cruising, Celebrity is our first choice for an almost-guaranteed pleasant and relaxing cruise. I'm here in the X forums today because after our most recent cruise on Carnival, I'm seriously thinking of changing our next Carnival booking to Celebrity, even it if costs me.

Edit to add: Thinking back on all the ways we enjoyed Silhouette a year and a half ago, I'm even more adament about recommending Celebrity over the others you mentioned. Just getting a cup of (very good) coffee was entirely effortless and thoroughly stress-free.

I guess a lot depends on how you would quantify a lot of spring breakers.  As I mentioned, my two cruises had around 500 kids of various ages each.  Definitely less than on lines like Disney or Royal, but to me it was a lot.  We will specifically be avoiding any March cruises next year unless we could find one with more than 7 or 8 nights.  Wondering if you have sailed Celebrity recently, particularly on E class?  I am finding the age demographic even on non-spring break cruises is definitely not like the Celebrity I have come to know and love for 30+ years and 80+ cruises.  I am honestly not trying to be argumentative.  Just talking about how different things are than just a few short years ago.  So I think there is already a lot of "catching up" sad to say.

7 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I guess a lot depends on how you would quantify a lot of spring breakers.  As I mentioned, my two cruises had around 500 kids of various ages each.  Definitely less than on lines like Disney or Royal, but to me it was a lot.  We will specifically be avoiding any March cruises next year unless we could find one with more than 7 or 8 nights.  Wondering if you have sailed Celebrity recently, particularly on E class?  I am finding the age demographic even on non-spring break cruises is definitely not like the Celebrity I have come to know and love for 30+ years and 80+ cruises.  I am honestly not trying to be argumentative.  Just talking about how different things are than just a few short years ago.  So I think there is already a lot of "catching up" sad to say.

I'll definitely keep this in mind, thanks for expanding.

Too much is changing way too fast.....

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 10:18 AM, phoenix_dream said:

I did a quick check for spring break for colleges in 2025.  Your timeline fits right into their schedules, and it includes lots of Florida colleges.  

To those who say it's not an issue on Celebrity, I say you may be speaking of the Celebrity of a few years ago.  These days Celebrity is deliberately going after a younger crowd and that is evident on my recent sailings.  I sailed two Celebrity cruises this March (one 6 and one 7 nights), beginning March 3, on two different ships.  There were around 500 young people onboard each cruise, primarily teens and young college age adults.  They were generally well-behaved and often traveling as groups with their families.

Years ago I sailed a 5 night during a college spring break and it became infamous for the outrageous behavior.  There were 700 college kids from 2 different Florida colleges on the Connie.  They were loud and drunk and causing chaos everywhere such that the Captain held a meeting with the senior officers to "take back the ship".  I am not exaggerating.

So I would say overall yes, you will have some college age kids in particular on an early March cruise.  How many depends on many things, including the number of days.  Shorter cruises always equal more kids during March.  Will there be as many as other lines like Carnival or Royal?  No.  Will they be well-behaved like those on my recent ones, or drunken morons like those on my 5 night sailing?  No one can say for sure.

Totally agree with you, phoenix_dream.  That has been DH and my experience. Generally cruises of 7+ days entices less party-likely college/schoolkids.