Silhouette vs Infinity for Greek Isles?

MarEll1

We are looking at a Greece/Turkey cruise in late September. The best options for us are Aqua Sky Suite on Infinity or Silhouette. We have not been on either - itineraries are very similar, both RT from Athens. Our past cruises have been Equinox, Solstice and Edge. Any opinions on the differences and pros/cons of each ship would be appreciated 

I would go based on the itineary overall. Service is great on both ships.  Silhouette is S class so similar to Equinox more so as it has be Revolutionized.  Blu/Lumanie is better in the Silhouette but nothing wrong with the Infinity either.  The infinity is M class and just older, still in great shape not as many Speciality Restaurants, and the Persian Gardens are much nicer on the Silhouette.  Tho I would not turn down either ship if the itinerary was what I wanted.  The Retreat sun deck on Silhouette is nicer but usually those Greece/Turkey cruises are very port intensive so how much time are you planning to stay onboard with the great places/ports to see things.  Overall the Silhouette is the better ship, not by much, and would base the decision on the ports overall.  

• Like 1

My vote would be Silhouette. A much better Sunset Bar which has been expanded and love the Lawn Club for dinner. We have sailed M ships and they are nice but to us S class a bit better with offerings. 

We sailed Silhouette through Greece, I hope your itinerary includes Santorini, A must see and be up early as you sail in, amazing watching the white buildings start to glow as the sun rises! 

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

My vote would be Silhouette. A much better Sunset Bar which has been expanded and love the Lawn Club for dinner. We have sailed M ships and they are nice but to us S class a bit better with offerings. 

Agree 100%. So many beautiful spots to sit outside on the Silhouette near the Sunset Bar.  They got rid of the wasted and underused space.

• Like 1

Haven't been on the Silhouette but recently (November 2023) on Infinity. It is definitely showing age and the outdoor 'Retreat' is non-existent on the Infinity. No outdoor area designated for Retreat guests at all. The Michael's Club is very nice and large but no views outside at all. It does have Luminae restaurant for suites guests. I will say, the staff in all Retreat areas were wonderful. However, the only bar we got a decent drink at was in Michael's Club. We won't sail another M class ship unless it has been properly refit for Retreat guest. Just not worth the extra cost vs what you get on other newer ships IMO. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

An here is a voter for Infinity. Even though Silhouette is a great ship- sailed her a couple of times, I like the open prommenade deck and the more " cosy " feel about Millenium Class better. Infinity is not only in great ship- she was in Drydock a couple of weeks ago and all has been reupholstered and so on. Wonderful ship- just debarked 4 weeks ago. Also Athens roundtrip. Even though it is decided I wanted to mention it.

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MarEll1 said:

Thank you everyone - we have decided on Silhouette. Now just concerned about noise from OVC above sky suites - any thoughts on that?

I am glad you decided on the Silhouette.  The sky suites them selves feel a lot bigger on the S class.  I would suggest the Aft sky suites on deck eleven if any are still available.  The view is to die for and you are not under the OVC.

• Like 1

I know you decided on Silhouette (one of my favorites), but just for fun, if you haven't seen Emma Cruises recent youtube review of the Infinity sailing from Athens it's worth watching IMO 😊

• Like 1

As far as noise from the OVC above Sky Suites, the closer to the entrance area forward of the Sky Suite, the quieter the cabin. The further back you go, the more under the tiled OVC areas and nearer the galley entrance into the OVC where the carts really rattle. We have stayed as far back as 2124 and had no issues. You can barely hear a cart  occasionally. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 7:09 PM, MarEll1 said:

Thank you @bikerunner. I am leaning towards Silhouette. My only concern is that the sky suites are under the OVC. Appreciate your insights.

The Aqua Sky Suites are under the carpeted area of the OVC. They were my favorite SS location. I wont spend the extra money for Aqua SS. The further back you go the more issue you may have with noise from above.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

The Aqua Sky Suites are under the carpeted area of the OVC. They were my favorite SS location. I wont spend the extra money for Aqua SS. The further back you go the more issue you may have with noise from above.

There are aqua sky suites available. Seems silly to spend more as we don’t use those amenities, but may be worthwhile. Thanks for the info!

3 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

I know you decided on Silhouette (one of my favorites), but just for fun, if you haven't seen Emma Cruises recent youtube review of the Infinity sailing from Athens it's worth watching IMO 😊

Thank you - I will watch it this afternoon. I’ve seen a few of her videos - she does a nice job.

• Like 1