EZ Air

It has been a number of years since we used Flights by Celebrity, but my memory is that you did not need to schedule the flights immediately before embarking or immediately after disembarking the cruise.  There is (or at least was) leeway in the booking.  Again, it has been some time since dealing with FbC but I found it easier to just call versus trying to navigate the website.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

I don't think so.

Yes you can.  As long your booking timeframe has flights listed by the airline as available and open for booking you can book early pre-cruise, or delayed post-cruise, or both, flights.  We do so frequently.

To confirm I just did a mock booking on our 11/23/24 cruise through FBC and used 1/5/25 as the return and was able to book it - a full month post-cruise.  Granted it was a domestic itinerary, not international, but I am not aware of any differing booking restrictions between them.

To add, as soon as the flights open up, we will be doing a similar itinerary with our 10/25 Italy land trip with flights 10 - 12 days prior to our return transatlantic cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Just be advised that you might have to pay for the flight in full rather than at final payment.  We were trying to do a pre cruise land trip but would have to pay for the flight due to timing.

snow bunny

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, snow bunny said:

Just be advised that you might have to pay for the flight in full rather than at final payment.  We were trying to do a pre cruise land trip but would have to pay for the flight due to timing.

snow bunny

That seems to be the case with some international flights depending on airline.  But the point for the OP is that the flights with gaps between cruise start and stop dates based on land trips, etc., can be booked through FBC.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That seems to be the case with some international flights depending on airline.  But the point for the OP is that the flights with gaps between cruise start and stop dates based on land trips, etc., can be booked through FBC.

Yes, this is why I said might.  When we tried to book flights more than 4 days prior to the cruise date we were informed by our TA that we would have to pay for the flight in full.  Since we were not 100% committed to our arrival date we decided to wait and book on our own once we sorted our pre-cruise plans.  We have used Celebrity Air and will again in November as we were not 100% locked in but wanted to lock in a reasonable price.  Have since then 100% committed to going but since the price is less than what I can get on my own we will use Celebrity Air.

Flying from longitudinal central (east/west) Canada is getting to be more expensive and less convenient to Florida. 

snow bunny

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2024 at 8:14 PM, snow bunny said:

Yes, this is why I said might.  When we tried to book flights more than 4 days prior to the cruise date we were informed by our TA that we would have to pay for the flight in full.  Since we were not 100% committed to our arrival date we decided to wait and book on our own once we sorted our pre-cruise plans.  We have used Celebrity Air and will again in November as we were not 100% locked in but wanted to lock in a reasonable price.  Have since then 100% committed to going but since the price is less than what I can get on my own we will use Celebrity Air.

Flying from longitudinal central (east/west) Canada is getting to be more expensive and less convenient to Florida. 

snow bunny

This has not been my experience.  You do not need your TA to book FBC.  You can get a quote directly in line and test the accuracy of what your TA is  telling you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

This has not been my experience.  You do not need your TA to book FBC.  You can get a quote directly in line and test the accuracy of what your TA is  telling you.

That information is correct but we were confused due to the Celebrity site wanting full payment at the time of booking and had asked our TA to take a look.  The response was that since we were trying to book more than 3 or 4 days prior to the cruise date we would have to pay for the flight in full due to the “deviation “.

On 4/28/2024 at 5:15 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

Yes you can.  As long your booking timeframe has flights listed by the airline as available and open for booking you can book early pre-cruise, or delayed post-cruise, or both, flights.  We do so frequently.

To confirm I just did a mock booking on our 11/23/24 cruise through FBC and used 1/5/25 as the return and was able to book it - a full month post-cruise.  Granted it was a domestic itinerary, not international, but I am not aware of any differing booking restrictions between them.

To add, as soon as the flights open up, we will be doing a similar itinerary with our 10/25 Italy land trip with flights 10 - 12 days prior to our return transatlantic cruise.

This mirrors my experience as well. 

In addition, you’re not restricted to returning from the cruise destination airport. Example: We disembarked in Rome, but flew home several weeks later from Geneva, Switzerland. 

When you think about, the cruise line could care less about where you’re flying from. Having an active cruise reservation is your “ticket” to accessing their contracted air inventory system. 

• Like 1

I recently booked a flight and they attached it to the wrong cruise.

The flight details are fine however the cruise it is attached to finishes before the flight gets me to the port.

I called and they said it did not matter.

• Like 1