Room Safe

Can anyone tell me the opening size of the room safe? I am looking to bring a new tablet with us and wanted to be sure it would fit in the safe. 

Bonus points if anyone is on a ship and can give measurements. 

Thank You. 

Don't be too stressed out if it doesn't fit. We never put ours in the safe. We often leave it out or put it in a cabinet/drawer.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, timxrx said:

Our next few will be on the Radiance Class. 

We'll be on Radiance next week (May17) and will be able to let you know then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pratique said:

A 10-inch tablet will likely fit, but probably nothing larger.

Agree, been on Radiance Class about 50 Cruises. a 10inch if even this does fit is the limit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuzD123 said:

We'll be on Radiance next week (May17) and will be able to let you know then.

That's great. Enjoy your cruise and thank you. 

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I've never put my tablet in the safe and never worried about anything happening to it. And.... nothing has ever happened to it.

Thank you. 

12 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I've never put my tablet in the safe and never worried about anything happening to it. And.... nothing has ever happened to it.

Yep, we've never even thought about putting laptops or tablets in the safe.  Leave them on the desk or wherever they may be 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Yep, we've never even thought about putting laptops or tablets in the safe.  Leave them on the desk or wherever they may be 🙂

Way back when, I used to put it in a suitcase under the bed or hide it in the closet behind the life jackets. I finally realized that there is no need to hide it anywhere, the only person in our cabin besides us is our room steward and I don't think he'd risk his job to take it. There are also many cameras all over the ship to spot someone walking out with it. The only thing I do to "secure" my device is to make sure it is password protected to turn it on.

• Like 1

Was on Radiance in Nov. My Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 (11 in) fit in the safe as long as I slid it in at an angle. We have a locking suitcase so I put my laptop in there and lock it up for the week under the bed. No one is going to bother it, but I'd prefer no one deciding to be nosey 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robmtx said:

Was on Radiance in Nov. My Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 (11 in) fit in the safe as long as I slid it in at an angle. We have a locking suitcase so I put my laptop in there and lock it up for the week under the bed. No one is going to bother it, but I'd prefer no one deciding to be nosey 🙂

That's good to know. Did you have a case on the tablet, or was it just the tablet.

It seems in some closets the safe door cannot swing wide without hitting something, which somewhat limits the size of the opening to the safe, so that might also be a factor.

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

That's good to know. Did you have a case on the tablet, or was it just the tablet.

It's just a thin case, nothing bulky. And yea, had to angle it in there because of the door hinges being in the way.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 5:28 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Way back when, I used to put it in a suitcase under the bed or hide it in the closet behind the life jackets. I finally realized that there is no need to hide it anywhere, the only person in our cabin besides us is our room steward and I don't think he'd risk his job to take it. There are also many cameras all over the ship to spot someone walking out with it. The only thing I do to "secure" my device is to make sure it is password protected to turn it on.

Not sure I would be that certain that absolutely nobody on board has the ability to open cabin doors!

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 9:44 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Yep!

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1

I travel with a Surface Pro X that is 11.5" wide and 8.5" high.  I CANNOT fit it in the safes on any ships, and I've been on the Anthem, Odyssey, Freedom, Liberty, Enchantment, Grandeur, Vision, and Jewel over the last 2 years.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snaefell said:

Not sure I would be that certain that absolutely nobody on board has the ability to open cabin doors!

If that happens, there will be a record of whose card was used to open the door. And... I'm sure they won't get too far from the room before a camera picks them up walking with the device.

I get that you may be concerned and I suggest you do what you feel you need to do. I have not "hidden" mine for years and feel comfortable continuing to do it this way.

5 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

If that happens, there will be a record of whose card was used to open the door. And... I'm sure they won't get too far from the room before a camera picks them up walking with the device.

I get that you may be concerned and I suggest you do what you feel you need to do. I have not "hidden" mine for years and feel comfortable continuing to do it this way.

I don't for one minute think they would be daft enough to use their own card,likewise with ships now capable of holding 7000+ people that there isn't likely to be at least one dodgy person among them,hopefully it is a holiday from their 'day'job!😆😆

6 hours ago, snaefell said:

I don't for one minute think they would be daft enough to use their own card,likewise with ships now capable of holding 7000+ people that there isn't likely to be at least one dodgy person among them,hopefully it is a holiday from their 'day'job!😆😆

How about a random Passenger who walks into a room while the door is opened by the crew for cleaning. In an actual case, the attendant was in the bathroom cleaning, and pax went into the open stateroom and out onto the balcony to sit and relax.. This wasn't a matter of rummaging/looting/theft but rather a day-drinker who went back to the wrong cabin.. But, could it happen where a pax intentionally takes someone's ipad if it's out in the open when they walk by? 

Yeah ok there's probably less than a 1% chance of that happening.. I dunno I just prefer not to leave stuff out in the open.