Schooner Bar - NYE Reservations?

Hi

We were on Oasis last year for NYE and tried to sit in the Schooner Bar but they were "booked". We didn't realize you had to make a reservation....

So, this year we will be on Oasis over NYE again and would like to book a reservation there. Does anyone know how to go about doing that?

Thanks!

Tracy

I forget, does Schooner on Oasis overlook the promenade? If so then it could be a possibility. We’ve been on 3 NYE cruises, but all on Radiance class ships, so the ones that paid for the “view” had small tables around the glass that overlooked the centrum. And tickets were bought on the ship. Actually on the Radiance ships it was kind of annoying because it was hard to walk around the tables and chairs they arranged for the ones that paid.

Posted (edited)

It has been a few years since a NYE cruise but once on board there were advertisements and table tents to purchase space  at any seating venue in the promenade  ( or centrum on older ships.)

Prices were steep. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

I think you were misinformed.  I've been cruising Royal for YEARS and you don't need to make reservations to go to the Schooner Bar.

The reason there was no room to seat you is because you didn't show up early enough.  Schooner Bar gets packed easily, especially later in the day.

8 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I think you were misinformed.  I've been cruising Royal for YEARS and you don't need to make reservations to go to the Schooner Bar.

The reason there was no room to seat you is because you didn't show up early enough.  Schooner Bar gets packed easily, especially later in the day.

They were asking about NYE. Rising Tides and Schooner is closed for reservations only from 9pm -1am, Seats at $1000 per person at Rising Tides and $600 for balcony at schooners, back of schooners has seats for $350.

We were on Wonder over this past NYE.  The pricing, in our opinion, was ridiculous.  We went to the pub and found tables/seats right in front of the "window" looking out on the promenade and had a blast.  No reservations needed.

• Like 1

We have done NYE cruises since Covid and yes, you need to make reservations for tables at different areas. On Oasis-class ships you even have to reserve tables down on the Promenade. 

6 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

We were on Wonder over this past NYE.  The pricing, in our opinion, was ridiculous.  We went to the pub and found tables/seats right in front of the "window" looking out on the promenade and had a blast.  No reservations needed.

We were on Wonder for NYE 2022 into 2023. I don’t recall any reservations being required on the ship, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t required. We spent most of NYE night in Playmakers watching the college football playoffs. I know there wasn’t a charge in there. Of course several weeks later there was a significant charge to reserve a table in Playmakers on Wonder on Super Bowl Sunday. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We were on Wonder for NYE 2022 into 2023. I don’t recall any reservations being required on the ship, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t required. We spent most of NYE night in Playmakers watching the college football playoffs. I know there wasn’t a charge in there. Of course several weeks later there was a significant charge to reserve a table in Playmakers on Wonder on Super Bowl Sunday. 

They definitely required reservations for some venues and tables 2023-2024 NYE. The cost was from about $700-1000 per table and depending on which one you chose, a bottle of champagne was included. Rising Tide Bar, Schooner and some tables on the Promenade had to be reserved. I assume these areas were due to the NYE party on the promenade.  

Edited by MandyMooToo

16 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Nope, onOasis class ships Royal sells seating all through the promenade including Schooner bar and rising tide (even seating in the photo gallery)

• Like 1

I just want to make sure I got this right? People are willing to spend $1000 to sit on the rising tides bar for a few hours and watch a balloon drop? 

If so, I’m buying RC stock. Or building my own ship. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I just want to make sure I got this right? People are willing to spend $1000 to sit on the rising tides bar for a few hours and watch a balloon drop? 

Basically, yes.  The table(s) have some perks such as the champagne and I think a dedicated server.  They may have had some snacks too?  I do not remember the exact details but I can tell you that whatever it was, it wasn't worth $700-1000 for us.  But the tables were full by the time the party started so I guess passengers were spending that cash!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

Basically yes.  You can pay hundreds of dollars to be able to look down on the little people.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, CruisingLover said:

So, it sounds like it's something we'd need to do once actually ON the ship, right?

I think so, but even if you don’t get it you’ll still be able to see the celebration at midnight from the promanade.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

We were some of those people- impulse purchase as we boarded Oasis for what would be the "last NYE" before the world shut down for a couple years in 2019 into 2020.   Would we do it again?  Hard to say.  But we had an absolute blast.  Found out I like cheap champagne better than Dom, don't really like caviar, but had an awesome time celebrating for 5 hours or so- with all the food and drink you could want- without being smushed like sardines.  Also learned that the Scot's have kilts where the belt buckle is a flask with an extendable shot glass- and love to party!   Twas expensive, but the memories are priceless!

Edited by scottnkim
  • Like 1

I'll have my scooter but there probably won't be room for me to find a spot to watch the celebration. Wanted to experience our first NYE cruise this year on Adventure of the Seas, but now think I should not have booked this one. Oh well, hopefully, they will show it live on the ship's TV channel and we can watch from our cabin with another couple (if I'm not already sleeping)! LOL! We refuse to pay that price to reserve a table. Party on! Cheers!

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

I'll have my scooter but there probably won't be room for me to find a spot to watch the celebration. Wanted to experience our first NYE cruise this year on Adventure of the Seas, but now think I should not have booked this one. Oh well, hopefully, they will show it live on the ship's TV channel and we can watch from our cabin with another couple (if I'm not already sleeping)! LOL! We refuse to pay that price to reserve a table. Party on! Cheers!

There is plenty of space to watch on the promenade itself.  The pub was a perfect place for us on Wonder as I offered a nice view and we were part of the celebration too.  I have not been on Adventure so I am not certain about the layout but I think you can take a look early in the day and then maybe enlist some staff to help you find a good place to observe with your scooter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

There is plenty of space to watch on the promenade itself.  The pub was a perfect place for us on Wonder as I offered a nice view and we were part of the celebration too.  I have not been on Adventure so I am not certain about the layout but I think you can take a look early in the day and then maybe enlist some staff to help you find a good place to observe with your scooter.

Thanks! We were just on Adventure, so the Promenade action usually takes place right in front of the pub and/or straight across from it at Sorrento's. We usually sit at the pub on the Promenade but won't pay to reserve a table, so we're just not sure how the Adventure will handle the NYE celebration. Guess we'll just have to wait and see, unless someone was on Adventure or one of its sister ships to explain how they did it for NYE.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Not misinformed. We actually asked the bartender there that night what it was all about and he told us you had to reserve a table. At that time it was $1500 for a table of 4 but you got 1 champagne bottle. Not worth it in my opinion!

• Like 1