Dress code?

sjde

On 5/26/2024 at 8:49 PM, TGfromTX said:

I specifically asked about clean nice sneakers

This seems like a very subjective and frankly vague description. Can you describe what you mean by 'clean, nice sneakers'?

I'm genuinely curious about what this really is, so I can pack accordingly..

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

kind of puzzling..OP has many cruises and upscale lines in the history..so not sure why the dress code (now much relaxed) is a surprise?? 

beach and pool wear  without a proper cover up were never allowed.. esp in mdr..

Have seen quite a few in speedos, tee  and rubber flip flops..asked to leave.!

Edited by hcat
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

This seems like a very subjective and frankly vague description. Can you describe what you mean by 'clean, nice sneakers'?

I'm genuinely curious about what this really is, so I can pack accordingly..

Their policy is vague to me - open to interpretation by each ship. Those descriptions are not Celebrity's words - they're mine.  It's how I phrased my question & they did not respond directly to sneakers at all.  Their response was basically no hats, not tank tops, no sandals and no shorts. And participation in chic night is optional.

In my question, I meant that I was not planning on wearing old tattered jogging shoes; I am taking some relatively new sneakers that don't show much signs of wear. Everyone on this thread has indicated those will be okay.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not sure why you have quoted me with this response. My comment was not needing a confirmation of the dress code, but was in response to a comment indicating that one has seen a dress code enforced.  To which I was asking what they saw enforced.  To which they subsequently responded.

Huh? 🤔

Just now, KroozNut said:

Huh? 🤔

I couldn't tell if leaveitallbehind was being funny (smart) or what - that was too difficult for me to comprehend.  But I didn't understand if the commenter meant to quote that either - but it was a priceless response in either case.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Huh? 🤔

If you read through the thread the response you reference was already addressed with the poster who quoted me and to whom I questioned being quoted. He answered and it was resolved.  It also did not involve you or any of your responses.

Not sure now why you have quoted just my original response to that with your vague question. You quoted my comments without the context of the full conversation.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

If you read through the thread the response you reference was already addressed with the poster who quoted me and to whom I questioned being quoted. He answered and it was resolved.  It also did not involve you or any of your responses.

Not sure now why you have quoted just my original response to that with your vague question. You quoted my comments without the context of the full conversation.

Because your response that I quoted seemed convoluted and confusing, that's all.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Because your response that I quoted seemed convoluted and confusing, that's all.

Again, that may be so because you only quoted part of the conversation in my response.  Naturally without the full context of the conversation it may seem "convoluted and confusing".  You need to go back and read the whole thread to see the rest of the relevant comments which would then make the single part that you quoted be clear and make conversational sense.

Your current response implies to me that you have not yet done that, or you would see that your questioning of my comment is what is confusing.  I don't mind being quoted and commented on if it is done so accurately with the full context of the conversation.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Again, that may be so because you only quoted part of the conversation in my response.  Naturally without the full context of the conversation it may seem "convoluted and confusing".  You need to go back and read the whole thread to see the rest of the relevant comments which would then make the single part that you quoted be clear and make conversational sense.

Your current response implies to me that you have not yet done that, or you would see that your questioning of my comment is what is confusing.  I don't mind being quoted and commented on if it is done so accurately with the full context of the conversation.

I'll leave it at that, thanks!

• Like 1

Nice jeans, a polo shirt and sneakers are fine for the MDR. You may feel underdressed at times. But I dont dress up on vacation. Have never been turned away in the above. And I usually change back to shorts after dinner. Especially in the Caribbean. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KroozNut said:

But only nice, clean ones..

I would hope one would have enough couth not to wear sneakers that looked like you just finished mowing the lawn or went hiking through a muddy rainforest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I would hope one would have enough couth not to wear sneakers that looked like you just finished mowing the lawn or went hiking through a muddy rainforest.

....even if as a result they are the most comfortable - LOL.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Assuming no shorts does not apply on day 1, correct ?

They are pretty loose on day 1,since everyone might not get their bag in time for dinner 

Or not know they need to go to the naughty room to pick it up 😁

• Haha 1

I would question how much enforcement is happening. On a cruise earlier this year I was checking out some of the more creative "evening chic" choices for gentlemen. Two stood out in particular:

1) the all-white track suit ensemble - white two-piece track suit, white t-shirt, white socks, white sneakers

2) not sure what to call this one - basement rec room chic? - overly tight print t-shirt, blue jeans,  beige leather belt, no socks, beige furry slippers

Both were seen leaving the dining room (separately) after dinner, presumably on their way to the photo studio.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, BytownMatt said:

I would question how much enforcement is happening. On a cruise earlier this year I was checking out some of the more creative "evening chic" choices for gentlemen. Two stood out in particular:

1) the all-white track suit ensemble - white two-piece track suit, white t-shirt, white socks, white sneakers

2) not sure what to call this one - basement rec room chic? - overly tight print t-shirt, blue jeans,  beige leather belt, no socks, beige furry slippers

Both were seen leaving the dining room (separately) after dinner, presumably on their way to the photo studio.

I saw a bunch of baseball and football jerseys on chic night.  

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I love your optimism 👍

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

While the rules are enforced mostly in the MDR.  The OVC is another story ...

Isn't it 'anything goes' in the OVC?

I just got home from Eclipse and did not talk about dress code in my live thread but I saw lots of shorts in the evenings although I don't know where the people had eaten dinner but many people were in shorts at night. Some were so short I had to do a double take.

• Haha 3