Suggestions as to how to get the most out of a Princess Suite reservation

So, we'll be "stuck"😂 in a Penthouse Suite on an up-coming voyage.  Would really appreciate learning how others maximize the available benefits.

Thanks so much!

5 minutes ago, Stickman505 said:

So, we'll be "stuck"😂 in a Penthouse Suite on an up-coming voyage.  Would really appreciate learning how others maximize the available benefits.

It would be useful to know which ship you are booked on as benefits will differ between Royal Class, Sphere Class and the older ships.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We were in a suite on Discovery a couple of years ago. I brought a print-out of the available suite benefits and was glad I did. I had to show the list to our steward to get anything that was on the list.

Even then, there were some items that we simply didn't get.

And the steward didn't get an extra tip.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Hope you have a suite lounge. The concierge is there & can answer anything. I found them to be a great help. The lounge was great for socializing & occasionally they had some live music in the evening. Simple, like violinists.

I am an insomniac. Our cabin was right across the hall from the lounge. They showed me which frig the milk was kept in. So, at about 2am every morning, I just crossed the hall in my pajamas & robe & got some fresh milk & cookies    :O)

• Like 3

Breakfast at Sabatinis.

MDR delivered and enjoyed on your balcony.

Afternoon tea

Next day laundry.  

Those are my favorite things.  I get afternoon tea because of my status but it's better when one has a larger room in which to enjoy it.  

• Like 1

Even Grand/GEM class ships will have a concierge (not lounge) available for suite guests.

Laundry is same day express ...if in by 9 AM/returned after dinner.

The Enchanted Princess will have 360 dining, but not sure if it is still complimentary for suite guests.  First night embarking specialty dining is complimentary.

IF you do not have the Plus bundle, you will be charged $5 for picking up the phone to order from room service.  

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. 
Dides, we will be on the Ruby.

Is the room service menu significantly better than the general menu (beyond escaping the five dollar phone call)?

1 hour ago, Stickman505 said:

Thanks everyone. 

Is the room service menu significantly better than the general menu (beyond escaping the five dollar phone call)?

If you are in a suite you may order off the main dining room menu, so yes, very much so!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stickman505 said:

Thanks everyone. 

Ah, that means you will not have a separate Suite or Concierge Lounge = which is only available on Royal class or Sphere class ships -  BUT you do get free use of the the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite throughout the cruise.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, CynCyn said:

If you are in a suite you may order off the main dining room menu, so yes, very much so!

Unfortunately, this will come at a cost of $5 since you have to pick up the phone to place your MDR order.  I was finally able to get a definitive response from onshore office through an email.  Seems to be another Princess failure.  

No charge for tea service though, if Elite. Not sure about suite. 

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

We were in a suite on Discovery a couple of years ago. I brought a print-out of the available suite benefits and was glad I did. I had to show the list to our steward to get anything that was on the list.

Even then, there were some items that we simply didn't get.

And the steward didn't get an extra tip.

What did you not receive?  We are in a Penthouse suite on the Crown.  I'm just curious what to expect.  

13 minutes ago, kpgibbs said:

What did you not receive?  We are in a Penthouse suite on the Crown.  I'm just curious what to expect.  

Had to ask for the water, the flowers (never did get any), the extra mini-bar (we're Elite), suite breakfast door hanger, the fruit basket...the list goes on.

I literally had to show the steward the list for each item. IIRC the only thing we didn't get was the flowers, but it was like pulling teeth without anesthetic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Had to ask for the water, the flowers (never did get any), the extra mini-bar (we're Elite), suite breakfast door hanger, the fruit basket...the list goes on.

I literally had to show the steward the list for each item. IIRC the only thing we didn't get was the flowers, but it was like pulling teeth without anesthetic.

Can you direct me to the actual list you printed out?  I will be on the Crown next week.

Thank you for your help.  

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

They haven't done flowers since Covid.  

8 minutes ago, suekel said:

They haven't done flowers since Covid.  

I was in a Penthouse Suite on the Ruby last summer. Rec'd flowers, a sampling of canapes and two flutes of champagne on embarkation day. Booked the Crown Grill for the complimentary embarkation dinner and enjoyed breakfast at Sabatini's. Opted not to use the thermal suite so can't talk to that. Our steward was fantastic, very attentive and thoughtful. 

5 hours ago, ninka26 said:

I was in a Penthouse Suite on the Ruby last summer. Rec'd flowers, a sampling of canapes and two flutes of champagne on embarkation day. Booked the Crown Grill for the complimentary embarkation dinner and enjoyed breakfast at Sabatini's. Opted not to use the thermal suite so can't talk to that. Our steward was fantastic, very attentive and thoughtful. 

Who did you talk to to book the embarkation night dinner?

6 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

I made our reservations on the app.  It will look like they are charging you at first.  But it zero's out.  

1 minute ago, kpgibbs said:

I made our reservations on the app.  It will look like they are charging you at first.  But it zero's out.  

Do we book it before we even head out or do we wait until on board?

We're on the Royal Princess in Alaska on June 8th.  We start the land tour on Monday.

I printed the list and I called.  Thermal isn't part of the suite perks for Alaska when I asked, so I just got a thermal package for my DH and I.  So excited, it's our 1st Princess, but we've done a bunch of other cruises.

Any suggestions or tips are great!

3 hours ago, Mark_K said:

I just chatted with a rep on the Princess website.  He told me there was no need to reserve embarkation day specialty dining for suite guests as that is included.   Was he wrong?

4 hours ago, davidnkim said:

Do we book it before we even head out or do we wait until on board?

We're on the Royal Princess in Alaska on June 8th.  We start the land tour on Monday.

I printed the list and I called.  Thermal isn't part of the suite perks for Alaska when I asked, so I just got a thermal package for my DH and I.  So excited, it's our 1st Princess, but we've done a bunch of other cruises.

Any suggestions or tips are great!

You don't need to pre-book the embarkation night dinner. Slots are held at the specialty restaurants for suites.  You can have the concierge book it for you in Royal if you want, or call the DINE line once aboard and book your time and choice..

As for Thermal Suite - that's only in older Grand/Island /Gem class ships.  Royal class ships have the Enclave. And it's not a suite perk (clearly excluded on the suite perks listing). Same for Sphere class, BTW, ie Sun/Star.

The Enclave is wonderful - I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Definitely check out the concierge, there will be a couple hours of free drinks, snacks available all day, make sure they show you how to get a soda or water when they're not there (open 24/7, not staffed 24/7),

Suite breakfast is fab, they'll make just about anything you want, ingredients available.   Personally - eggs benedict, side of crispy bacon, mocha and mimosas.  Every single day, lol..  the French toast is divine also...

Enjoy!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark_K said:

For full suite guests in TD guaranteed. No need to book in advance we just call the dine line when we embark. They save lots of tables