Interesting the update here on Celebrity Status match. Its a good thing Silversea included and levels changed

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

Zeniths get free laundry not a free bag.  Wash and fold, pressing, dry cleaning.  

Wow, I didn’t realize it was all of that. Thats nice. I thought it was just a bag of laundry. 

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wow, I didn’t realize it was all of that. Thats nice. I thought it was just a bag of laundry. 

Elite - one bag.

Elite Plus - two bags.

Zenith - unlimited.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

Zeniths get free laundry not a free bag.  Wash and fold, pressing, dry cleaning.  

Hello,

Are you sure about the 'pressing' and 'dry cleaning'?

I've printed the latest Captain's Club Membership Benefits' and under the ZENITH heading there are no entries along the lines of 'pressing' or 'dry cleaning' but just 'Complimentary' long the line of 'Bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold)' (BOLD - my emphasis).

Having said that, since Royal destroyed one of my made to measure formal shirts I would trust them with nothing more that socks.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

I was just on the beyond and b2b. We had all laundry done both cruises. Everything was washed, folded and pressed where needed. They even pressed and hung my shorts on hangars. That doesn't happen at home. Seriously, they do a great job. It's a great perk especially when traveling more than a week. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, jelayne said:

Are you referring to the pressing and dry cleaning of one item that is also included in the E & E+ benefits.........or unlimited pressing and dry cleaning?

TIA

19 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Are you referring to the pressing and dry cleaning of one item that is also included in the E & E+ benefits.........or unlimited pressing and dry cleaning?

TIA

No.  Unlimited.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

No.  Unlimited.

Thank you.

We usually do B2B's and often the 10 & 11 night combinations. This will really help greatly in packing decisions............maybe one less suitcase to lug around!!!!

8 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Are you sure about the 'pressing' and 'dry cleaning'?

I

Having said that, since Royal destroyed one of my made to measure formal shirts I would trust them with nothing more that socks.

Regards,

Cublet

The one thing I don't trust them with is socks.  Last set of cruises they lost three. 

29 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

The one thing I don't trust them with is socks.  Last set of cruises they lost three. 

DH has never lost a sock thankfully.  However he is a sick guy so most are rather unique and colorful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

DH has never lost a sock thankfully.  However he is a sick guy so most are rather unique and colorful.

DH's was a pair of boring white socks.  Mine one, however was half a pair from Target's kids department.  It had rainbows on it.

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2024 at 11:55 AM, doghog said:

We have never had anyone ask us and we don't ask what tier levels or cruise points. No matter the cruise line.  Same with politics and religion. Way too many other interesting things to talk about. 

Agree!  Some subjects just are not necessary or appropriate.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Pinnacles' humility is legendary. 

Like the new clothes/shoes with the tags still attached...oops, did I say that out loud 😄.

On 6/2/2024 at 11:33 AM, cruise wizard said:

Does anyone know if the luggage tags have Zenith printed on them? The reason that I ask is that I received an e-mail from the Retreat Concierge asking how many pieces of luggage we had. I checked our tags and they just show Captain's Club.

TIA

I don't recall them ever having Zenith written on them -  I could of course be wrong.  

I just looked at my last ones from Apex in November and they were Red and just have Suites written on them.

They use to have Zenith/Suite Tags for Disembarkation but on our last cruise on Edge they just had black ones one #1  slot on them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I don't recall them ever having Zenith written on them -  I could of course be wrong.  

I just looked at my last ones from Apex in November and they were Red and just have Suites written on them.

They use to have Zenith/Suite Tags for Disembarkation but on our last cruise on Edge they just had black ones one #1  slot on them.

Thanks for checking back. I checked our cruise docs again and the luggage tags just show "Captains Club". 

On 5/30/2024 at 12:14 PM, phoenix_dream said:

It seems to me that this change is very beneficial for Pinnacle members and provides much less benefit for Zenith members.  From what I understand the Pinnacle benefits are not nearly as nice as the Zenith benefits.  That being the case (if it's true) I can see more and more Pinnacle members in particular coming over to Celebrity, causing even more crowding and even more raising of the already outrageously high prices.   Am I being too negative about this?  One reason I feel this way is I have zero intention of ever sailing on Royal and already Celebrity is marketing to younger people which is already drawing a lot of younger, Royal cruisers onboard.  This will just exacerbate the situation.  I am not criticizing younger, Royal cruisers.  It's not about that per se.  But it likely will raise prices again, cause even more crowding (families in cabins result in a higher passenger load than couples), and change the more quiet, soothing ambiance of Celebrity cruises even more than is already happening.

As a Pinnacle that sailed on Celebrity, The benefits we received were horrible. The Happy Hour was a complete joke. As a Diamond many years ago we were treated much better on RCL. With this change we might consider Celebrity again.

• Haha 1

Hello,

I see the Zenith discount on Specialty Restaurant cover charge is 25%, can I ask if that is a 'one-time' use per cruise or can I use it multiple times?

I am booked on Apex but don't know how often I would use the discount as Apex doesn't have either Murano or Tuscan Grill that are my usual feeding holes.

Regards,

Cublet

Posted (edited)

Has anyone actually been issued a Venetian Club membership number? We're travelling next month - our Celebrity app shows VS 100 night status but nothing else. Worst case I guess I can sort out on-board.

P.S. Apologies - I see this is already a topic on the Silversea forum and have found my new VS number following the advice there. Looking forward to free laundry!

Edited by Bullswood
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 6:12 AM, Liao said:

If I were zenith and they used their “sole discretion” and turned me away, it would not be pretty.

On 6/5/2024 at 5:27 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Hmm, sounds like some of the Pinnacles people are talking about on here. 🤔

On 6/6/2024 at 3:31 AM, Liao said:

?

Your comment “it would not be pretty” makes it sound as if you are going to throw a fit. People on here were talking about how Pinnacles feel privileged, among other things. That comment, to me, makes it sound like you feel privileged and should be let into the lounges regardless if you should be in there or not. That’s my take on the comment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2024 at 6:47 AM, Cruising89143 said:

Royal had to make the name tags. Years ago there was passengers who somehow was able to have name tags made that looked exactly like the crew members name tags and they proudly wore them all around the ship. It caused confusion with other guests. 

It was more than just confusion.  Some actually acted like crew and in one case, someone tried to bully another passenger.  Needless to say, the passenger complained, thinking it was crew and those name tags were quickly ended.  I know this because in my dumb luck, I just happened to be on that ship when it happened and knew the party involved.  

• Thanks 1