Majestic Princess... the pros and the cons?

12 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

We've been on Majestic four times (it was one of the only ships sailing out of LA during the reboot after COVID). 

While we had a great time (we always do, a vacation is what you make of it), we enjoy the older Sapphire, Grand, etc ships the best, with decks and decks of unlimited outdoor areas and hot tubs/pools.

Our kids enjoyed playing the instruments and giant chess game at the Hollywood Pool Club, but the chlorine aroma was a little too much. 

i did 21 days back to back mexico on Majestic...while it was overall ok i really did not like the lack of a real promenade deck and did not like the overall design of the outdoor spaces.  Like you I would rather be on an older ship with nice wide prom decks with teak chairs where you can sit and look and hear the ocean a few feet away and not from the 15th floor looking through often dirty plexiglass...the two little oustide areas in the very aft seemed to be an afterthought and one side was often wall to wall cig smokers which sometimes puffed away on both side...so much for fresh clean ocean air..also the "library" on the majestic is a total joke..i have more books in the trunk of my car.

• Like 1

Went to the library on about day 5 and there were about 25 books.  Went on the day before disembarkation and there were about 500 books.

2 hours ago, HotRoot said:

Went to the library on about day 5 and there were about 25 books.  Went on the day before disembarkation and there were about 500 books.

Where did they put them all?  That is the smallest library!

• Like 1

It is good to get all of these thoughts and comments.

For me, the one thing that is a concern is the enclosed and non/inadequately ventilated Hollywood area.   I like my fresh air!   And, no Aft pool as an alternative.

2 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

It is good to get all of these thoughts and comments.

For me, the one thing that is a concern is the enclosed and non/inadequately ventilated Hollywood area.   I like my fresh air!   And, no Aft pool as an alternative.

If outdoors is your thing, I'd choose a different ship.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

If outdoors is your thing, I'd choose a different ship.

Like a Grand class ship you will lose some food venues but get more openness and less people 

• Like 1

Booked the Majestic February circle cruise and will only be our 2nd princess sailing.  Other was years back on the Emerald.  Chose this as a 14 day out and back itinerary.   I am not concerned about indoor pool area but is there plentiful outdoor area to lounge as this is a Caribbean sailing?  Don’t  need to be adjacent to pool.  

12 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

Booked the Majestic February circle cruise and will only be our 2nd princess sailing.  Other was years back on the Emerald.  Chose this as a 14 day out and back itinerary.   I am not concerned about indoor pool area but is there plentiful outdoor area to lounge as this is a Caribbean sailing?  Don’t  need to be adjacent to pool.  

Lots of outdoor space:

Deck Plans : Princess Cruises

• Like 1

We are booked on Majestic in June 2025.  Does anyone know if it will be going into dry dock before that or are the rumoured changes not drastic enough for a dry dock?  I have read that Rudi's and O'Malleys are now on Majestic.  But I would like it if they re-fit for the Sanctuary. 

23 minutes ago, Anubi said:

We are booked on Majestic in June 2025.  Does anyone know if it will be going into dry dock before that or are the rumoured changes not drastic enough for a dry dock?  I have read that Rudi's and O'Malleys are now on Majestic.  But I would like it if they re-fit for the Sanctuary. 

The Catch By Rudi is on the Majestic.  I do not think O'Malleys is.  I am not familiar with O'Malleys so maybe it is called something else?  

On 6/4/2024 at 7:20 PM, startedwithamouse said:

Not really.

10day Queensland sold out cruise in March and always open loungers, even by the one outdoor pool. Plenty of space in non pool areas also.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

The Catch By Rudi is on the Majestic.  I do not think O'Malleys is.  I am not familiar with O'Malleys so maybe it is called something else?  

There was either a FB post or a CC thread about the restaurants on Majestic being switched out and O"Malleys now being on Majestic.  Sorry, I don't remember where it was posted.  But it has happened recently, like within the last two months.  

14 minutes ago, Anubi said:

There was either a FB post or a CC thread about the restaurants on Majestic being switched out and O"Malleys now being on Majestic.  Sorry, I don't remember where it was posted.  But it has happened recently, like within the last two months.  

We disembarked three weeks ago and there was no O'Malleys.  There is an Alfredo's, Crown Grill, Vines, Noodle Bar, Ocean Terrace, and Harmony.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HotRoot said:

We disembarked three weeks ago and there was no O'Malleys.  There is an Alfredo's, Crown Grill, Vines, Noodle Bar, Ocean Terrace, and Harmony.

Ok, thanks.  I need to find that post!!  🙂 

Anubi....  Dry Dock is next March.

I have not been on this ship before, because it has no Sanctuary, and we always try to spend time there.

There could be some changes....

You can contact me if you would like!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anubi said:

What I've read is that the Noodle place on Lido is turning into the usual pizza place and Harmony is becoming Sabatinni's,  Rudi's has been on the Majestic for awhile, ate there last September.  Supposedly, it's moving into where Harmony was and Sabatinni's is going where Rudi's is  I have not heard a word about O'Malley's on the Majestic but I did see where it replaced Vines on the Enchanted.  

10 minutes ago, suekel said:

What I've read is that the Noodle place on Lido is turning into the usual pizza place and Harmony is becoming Sabatinni's,  Rudi's has been on the Majestic for awhile, ate there last September.  Supposedly, it's moving into where Harmony was and Sabatinni's is going where Rudi's is  I have not heard a word about O'Malley's on the Majestic but I did see where it replaced Vines on the Enchanted.  

I got the ships mixed up.  It was Discovery that got the O'Malleys.  Too bad, it's got good food.  

On 5/31/2024 at 9:37 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Tex,  If you have already booked for next year, or will be booking soon...  Be aware that there could be MAJOR changes coming for the Majestic.  I am not talking just the Harmony restaurant.

What type of cabin have you booked?

We just booked an April 2025 cruise on Majestic.  What is expected to change in the drydock?

Gracie....   

The changes could be more than switching around restaurants.

I have NO inside information.  Nobody does, because Princess just does not put all of the info out there.  They could change their minds,  as we have seen, at the last moment.

Just be aware that there could be real changes.

• Like 2

Was on the Majestic in February of this year. Was not impressed with the ship. I thought it was shabby looking considering it’s not extremely old. Food was not up to the usual Princess standards. Not the usual number of entrees available on the menu. Could be because it was a cruise around Australia. The chlorine smell was offensive in the indoor pool. Ship needs a lot of TLC. 

Wow....   Thank you for your thoughts!

They do have the dry dock scheduled...  But that isn't until March.  Many months.

Food can always be dependent on the Head Chef and staff, as well as the location.

Hopefully that will not continue to be an issue.

Sounds like they really need to do something about fresh air in the HollyWood area!!!

That is a biggie.

2 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Food can always be dependent on the Head Chef and staff, as well as the location.

We were just onboard for 33 days (4/10 to 5/12), we thought the food was great in the MDR, The Catch, Crown Grill, Chef's Table, and the IC.  We never tried the buffet, Harmony (we did eat there for breakfast), Noodle Bar, or the Grill.

We also thought the ship was in great shape.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

On 6/10/2024 at 10:59 AM, Wishing on a star said:

Gracie....   

The changes could be more than switching around restaurants.

I have NO inside information.  Nobody does, because Princess just does not put all of the info out there.  They could change their minds,  as we have seen, at the last moment.

Just be aware that there could be real changes.

The changes mentioned seem like ones we would enjoy...guess we'll just have to wait and see what actually changes.  The cruise we are booked on is very port intensive so not that important for us this time.