The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday June 1st, 2024

Good morning. We are getting ready to go to a lake home about an hour away. It is a beautiful day here going up to 80 and sunny.

i have not been to the port and like the Bob Marley quote. The egg salad recipes look good but I have not had to cook here.

i had two worrisome phone calls from home and tried to help as best I could. It is a lot for the DD and DSIL even with extra help. I will go back tomorrow. 

My grandson with Pippin, the wonder dog

IMG_0818.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Zadar, Croatia is so beautiful. Our private excursion took us to their national gem Plitvice National Park. It was a long day of riding it so worth it

Here are some pics but pressed for time. Five miles of trekking up and down hills has moi a little tired.Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.36bcadad2c8de3396bc6b4404cc097dc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d93ab973ba769e490720b31f7a6ff5e8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aacb18591a79b3ded5c926f58c891db6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fa69950142a77d40feade9bffc62d816.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fefab3c561c985e411853033ce338592.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3ffae223285653cc7ecd29b7f27df1ad.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.08b3a83cc83de261de5e9938df3107d4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.87b6291f8210776a487dbf787f7c7a6f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2b986da397608fa27749f50d01e65540.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 8

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!

June is starting out wet here in the Pacific Northwest. Today is showers but tomorrow is the start of a "Pineapple Express" that goes through Tuesday and there are already flood warnings issued. 

Great days, like Simon and Garfunkel and egg salad, and no to the drink. 

Yesterday was busy with banking, the pool, packing, and then dinner at DS and DDIL's. DDIL's parents were there as well as her sister (who lives with them) and we had catfish po' boys. Delicious!! We had a lovely visit and chatted the evening away. Her parents head back to Alaska on Sunday as I head on the cruise. 

Today is finishing up the packing, cleaning up the house, etc. DS is coming over this afternoon to fill hummingbird feeders and do a few other things for me. If the lawn dries out at all he'll mow. If it doesn't he'll come over while I'm gone and get it done. By Wednesday we're supposed to have a nice stint of sunshine. 

Have a great Saturday!

Karen

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

🐇  🐇  🐇   Welcome to June!

Good morning and Happy Saturday. It should be 101 today and I’m planning on some pool time. 

What a long quote. Good days and Craig used the Heimlich and saved me after I choked on a large vitamin. I found out that you can also do it yourself by using a chair. It’s a memory that I won’t forget. 

Pass on the drink. What is a squared wine? Not been to the port. I like egg salad but don’t keep bread around so hardly make it. Today are mustard chicken leftovers. Ice cream for dessert. 

Bon Voyage @Mr. Boston!  Congratulations on your new home too. 

Ann @Vict0riann, I’m sorry about your biopsy results and hoping the lumpectomy is soon. 

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, your new golf cart is cute!  I like the black too. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We had a sad email from our neighborhood Pod captain.  It seems a couple on the other street in our Pod went on vacation . While away someone broke into their home and stole both their cars and other items of value in the home.  They found the location of one of the cars through the Find My Car app on their phone.  The police had a chase involving one of the cars, an SUV, which was totaled when the culprits ran into 7 other vehicles along the way.  The second car was found in okay shape. 

Who did it?  The older couple's grandson and some of his "associates". 😲 People in the neighborhood had been worried about the break in since this is a rare occurrence in our location.  Imagine how humiliating this was to have to admit to the whole community that it was an inside job, and their own grandchild broke in and stole from them?!?  It puts all our minds at rest, but I feel terrible for them.  I can say with no doubt that my 4 grandsons and 2 granddaughters would never, ever do something like that.  Their parents can be proud of them and I let my son and daughter know it. 🥰

Sandi, this is horrible.  How the grandson could ever live with himself and could ever look his grandparents in the face again is beyond understanding. 

However things like this happen. Some people don’t have a guilty conscience. Hopefully the grandson will get the help he needs to turn his life around. 

• Like 16

Good morning all!

Today we'll have showers and sun breaks off and on all day, I'm glad I got so much done outside when we had 2 beautiful days.  Today I need to pick up some garden soil (and most likely will find something else I "need" in the garden center.

A good collection of days, long but good quote, I probably would like the wine, would try the drink, and love egg salad.  Good idea to add chopped celery, I never thought of that.  I do like to "smash" the eggs more than chop. Have been to many ports in Greece, but not to Kos. 

Ann @Vict0riann I was so sorry to hear about the carcinoma.  Prayers that a lumpectomy will be arranged soon. 

Bon Voyage @Mr. Boston!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers OMG about the break-in and the grandson.  How very sad!!

Tomorrow will be full, we'll go to the DGSs' birthday party (pool party) and then stay for an early Father's Day dinner with the family.  Due to others' travel plans we'll be celebrating early.  And the boys are having extended birthday celebrations -- their birthdays are a couple weeks apart, so have always had their parties together.  Foster's 11th was May 16 and Shep's 9th birthday is tomorrow.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

Wine of the Day - Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2022 a squared Sauvignon Blanc

Another SB.

I have to admit, I do enjoy Washington wines.  I can't say, however, that I have ever had a Washington Sauvignon Blanc.

I am going to go somewhat sideways, today, and propose a wine that is made from a grape descended from Sauvignon Blanc.

IMG_3109.jpg.1f9a16f7beacee40f89204ca0c0c6db8.jpg

IMG_3113.jpg.870433d287ff541aaafb9ccc3c458572.jpg

Robin Akhurst is a Scotsman who decided he wanted to be a winemaker.  He sold his motorcycle and went to France where he worked in vineyards and wineries in Burgundy and Languedoc.  He then traveled to the antipodes where he worked in Barossa Valley (Australia) and Marlborough (New Zealand) and earned a post-graduate degree in viticulture and enology at Lincoln University in Christchurch.  He then came to the Napa Valley where he apprenticed for two "rock star" caliber winemakers, Thomas Rivers Brown and Mike Smith.  (I have dropped these names in the past few days.  Someday, I will spend more time on each of them.) Presumably, this is where he learned about the magnificence of California Cabernet Sauvignon. 

Today, Robin Akhurst is the winemaker for Clos Pegase Winery, Swanson Vineyards, Paula Kornell Sparkling Wines and various others.  All of these are excellent labels, but I find that Akhurst's best efforts are from his own winery, Apsara Cellars.  Apsara production runs are quite small,  The largest one I can recall is 150 cases.  If you can read the front label of this one, it is a production of 25 cases.  That is not very much wine.  It is highly unusual to find Apsara on a brick and mortar retail store, but there are usually some wines available at the Apsara Cellars website.

About a year ago, I received an email from announcing the release of this wine.  It seems that a friend, who just happened to be a vineyard owner, called and asked if he would like some Cabernet Sauvignon grapes.  Robin asked when the grapes would be ready for harvest, and the answer was, "Now."  He called some friends, and that weekend they drove down to Santa Clara Valley and picked grapes.  Notice that the vineyard is not identified on the label.  Presumably, the arrangement was that the vineyard not be identified.  The designation "Cuvee Z" is a shout out to Akhurst's daughter, Zahra.

I have a couple bottles of this wine in my inventory, It will, probably, be a while, yet. before I get around to them.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, summer slope said:

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit

Unveil a taste of indulgence and seduction with the tantalizing "Garter Belt" cocktail. This intriguing libation is a decadent blend of tequila's boldness, the velvety smoothness of heavy cream, and the rich sweetness of white creme de cacao. Inspired by the allure of vintage fashion, the Garter Belt is a perfect companion for evenings of luxury and enchantment. Served in a sophisticated and alluring glass, it exudes an air of elegance and mystery. Whether you're seeking a drink to add a touch of seduction to your night or want to savor the essence of indulgence, the Garter Belt is the perfect sip to embrace a taste of sophistication and captivating allure.

Ingredients:

1 oz. blanco tequila
1 oz. heavy cream
1 oz. white creme de cacao

Directions:

Put all ingredients into a shaker filled with ice and shake until cold.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a sprinkle of ground espresso and chocolate.

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 6.31.31 AM.png

Should RNB respond to this drink and gat kicked off the cruise critic?

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Kos is a beautiful sleepy Greek island a bit like Mykonos which comes to life at night time with amazing nightlife.

I videod on camcorder so have no photos.

Screenshot_20240601_192924.jpg

Screenshot_20240601_192851.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

Good morning Dailyites 

Bon Voyage Mr Boston.

Sandi how terrible to have an expensive break in and a relative to boot.

I was robbed back in 1980's. Someone crawled thru my laundry room window. I was home several hours before walking into the laundry room and seeing the break in. I didn't have much during that time of any value. The robber must have been disappointed. 

Lenda pretty much has said it all above and I ditto her comments on our Daily friends. 

Today we are took our friend to the Farmer's market and lunch, Sephora, Michael's and Kohl's. It's very hot out. Ready to get dressed and in the pool

Blessings to each of you.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon from a progressively cloudy central Texas.  The yardwork is finished, and I'm taking a break to rest and cool down.  I'm  hoping to get the storage cabinets in the port emptied so I can move them and clean them tomorrow along with the port and the motorhome.  That part will probably be a two day job.  The best part is that is the last big outside chore until fall.

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

My Thursday/Friday medical visits were quite a vareid lot.  My major issue for the Primary doctor was a soreness and weakness in my left hip.  He did a lot of feeling, pushing, and pulling thought it was most likely bursitis.  He ordered an x-ray and a course of prednizone to see if that helped.  It was late and I did not do anything about the followups.

The extraction was quite straightforward.  Since I knew I would not be good for much for a few hours after the extraction I swung by radiology for the hip x-ray.  That was pretty quick, and I had several hours at home not good for much, and was quite tired in the evening.

When I head off on afternoon errands there is a cancer prescription waiting at the UPS store and several more at the grocery pharmacy, the prednasone and at least 2 from the oral surgeon.  I will not pick up the opoid pain medicine they gave me.

Roy

Roy, if the hip pain is bursitis, steroid shots that target the bursa should help.

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning 

Happy Saturday.

Didn’t post yesterday because I was so busy with many things.  I just got so tired.  Ended up going to bed early.

@Vict0riann  I am so sorry to read of your biopsy results. I hope that you can be treated quickly and the lumpectomy is all that you need.  Prayers for you.

Thank you Vanessa for adding me to the cares list.   I am doing a bit better since the injection.  I have to find a PT facility that I am happy with.  Will do so in the next week or so.

I hope everyone is doing well and having a great weekend.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I hope you find a good pt place and a great therapist.

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. We are getting ready to go to a lake home about an hour away. It is a beautiful day here going up to 80 and sunny.

i have not been to the port and like the Bob Marley quote. The egg salad recipes look good but I have not had to cook here.

i had two worrisome phone calls from home and tried to help as best I could. It is a lot for the DD and DSIL even with extra help. I will go back tomorrow. 

My grandson with Pippin, the wonder dog

IMG_0818.jpeg

Terry, I'm sorry about the worrisome phone calls.  Safe travels tomorrow.  Great picture of DGS and Pippin.

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Zadar, Croatia is so beautiful. Our private excursion took us to their national gem Plitvice National Park. It was a long day of riding it so worth it

Here are some pics but pressed for time. Five miles of trekking up and down hills has moi a little tired.Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.36bcadad2c8de3396bc6b4404cc097dc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d93ab973ba769e490720b31f7a6ff5e8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aacb18591a79b3ded5c926f58c891db6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fa69950142a77d40feade9bffc62d816.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fefab3c561c985e411853033ce338592.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3ffae223285653cc7ecd29b7f27df1ad.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.08b3a83cc83de261de5e9938df3107d4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.87b6291f8210776a487dbf787f7c7a6f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2b986da397608fa27749f50d01e65540.jpeg

Bruce, thanks for the great pictures.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good sunny evening. Showers are expected tomorrow afternoon. 
Dear brother spoke to Shirl today and she is not a happy camper. She claims she can’t do anything except look out the window and watch Television. She also claims she has no clothing to wear. Needless to say, her son disagrees. He was taking her shopping and said he just brought her dinner, and she ate it all. It will take time.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Good evening.  It was a long day, and needless to say, I'm tired.  The port is just about ready to start the pressure washing.  There are a few things that need moving, including the motorhome.  We split a ribeye for dinner and added baked potatoes, salad and wine.  

After dinner, we took the golf cart fot a ride, and saw three mule deer in the field near the fence.  Two of them ran as we approached, but the third one just stared at us.

There is good news about the old golf cart.  Our neighbor repaired it, and I think it's in better shape than in a long time.  The nice camper who helped us is the new owner.  We saw him and his wife taking a ride tonight.  It all worked out for the best.

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny evening. Showers are expected tomorrow afternoon. 
Dear brother spoke to Shirl today and she is not a happy camper. She claims she can’t do anything except look out the window and watch Television. She also claims she has no clothing to wear. Needless to say, her son disagrees. He was taking her shopping and said he just brought her dinner, and she ate it all. It will take time.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

I hope Shirl will adapt to her new home.  It took a while for DH's stepmother to agree to go into a memory unit.  It was on a trial basis, but she stayed.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1