Club Orange - Priority Disembarkation

41 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Yes except when it doesn't.....we were among the last off the ship despite the color luggage tag we had.

When? Many ships allow self assignments of disembarking tags now.

15 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

March, 2023 -- Koningsdam 35 day Hawaii, Tahiti, Marquesas.

22 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

March, 2023 -- Koningsdam 35 day Hawaii, Tahiti, Marquesas.

Cruised twice since then, both on Zaandam.  September 2023, April 2024....both times there was a stand outside the Front Desk...you picked your own bag tags with assigned times. No tags for carrying off. Suites and other "Priority" disembarking groups were issued a certain color, which said you could depart "whenever".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, regan3 said:

Does priority disembarkation mean you choose the time you want to disembark?

Thank you. 

Everyone is able to choose the time they want to disembark - not just CO.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

Just for clarification, everyone (with the exception of those guests with prepaid airport/excursion transportation) can choose the time they wish to disembark. CO (Black 1 tags) and 4&5 Star Mariners (Black 2 tags) can choose a time window when they wish to disembark.  The window for my May 4th Vancouver disembarkation for the black tags was 8:10 AM - 9:30 AM.

Note: All of the luggage cannot be unloaded instantaneously.  The luggage tag color and number are the sequence that the luggage is moved from the ship to the terminal.  CO and 4&5 Star Mariner luggage is the first to be moved to the cruise terminal.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Cruised twice since then, both on Zaandam.  September 2023, April 2024....both times there was a stand outside the Front Desk...you picked your own bag tags with assigned times. No tags for carrying off. Suites and other "Priority" disembarking groups were issued a certain color, which said you could depart "whenever".

That was what we did on the Koningsdam last November in San Diego. We had CO and walked off when we were ready to find our luggage waiting for us.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2024 at 6:59 PM, wdw1972 said:

Everyone is able to choose the time they want to disembark - not just CO.

Sue/WDW1972

That's true as long as you pick up the luggage tags before that time slot is filled

On 6/1/2024 at 2:48 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Japan crossing Westerdam.  No priority disembarkation.  Very disorganized.  We were counting on the priority disembarkation because we had a flight earlier than 11am.  When I asked, they just pointed to the long line.  I brought this up to one of the of officers, and he just said, well you had priority tendering at one of the ports didn't you?  If you want to get off the ship early, get in line early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea42 said:

That's true as long as you pick up the luggage tags before that time slot is filled

Yes - like anything else, "you snooze you lose" or "early bird gets the worm" 😉 If something matters to me, I take care of it as early as I can, so I don't have to worry about not getting my desired date/time/venue/etc later after everyone else has made their selections.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea42 said:

We printed our luggage tags for our August Volendam and the tags say to keep them on the luggage as they will also be our tags for disembarkation in Montreal. We have CO if that makes any difference.

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We printed our luggage tags for our August Volendam and the tags say to keep them on the luggage as they will also be our tags for disembarkation in Montreal. We have CO if that makes any difference.

I've read about that. Do they have times on them? If not will there be separate time tags then?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

I've read about that. Do they have times on them? If not will there be separate time tags then?

Here is a screenshot of the tags language, no times and I am not sure what the 6 F means.

image.png.b86d6480655420eedcc25cd55daa7bca.png

Edited by terrydtx

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Here is a screenshot of the tags language:

image.png.b86d6480655420eedcc25cd55daa7bca.png

Hmm, interesting. No time or the normal color group. so I would guess time tags are still going to be needed.🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I am not sure what the 6 F means.

Your room was on deck 6 and staff to use F = Forward Elevator.  It is to help the crew sort the luggage.  Almost your zip code onboard 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

Hmm, interesting. No time or the normal color group. so I would guess time tags are still going to be needed.🤷‍♂️

There was a recent discussion about the new tag's language on CC and the consensus was HAL was doing this to save the cost of printing and distributing the old colored tags. I will now for sure in August.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

There was a recent discussion about the new tag's language on CC and the consensus was HAL was doing this to save the cost of printing and distributing the old colored tags. I will now for sure in August.

They still print and distribute the colored luggage tags for disembarkation

• Thanks 1

You receive a letter which contains a very detailed description of the process of disembarking.  This letter includes but is not limited too, how to acquire your luggage tags, how to purchase airport transfers, how to get off the ship 1st by carrying your luggage off the ship, etc.  When you get the letter, everything is clearly described, you figure out the best method for you and proceed as the letter instructs.  You may also stop by guest relations, and they will be happy to help you plan your disembarkation.

P.S. It has been printed on your luggage tags that you should keep the tag attached to your luggage as it is also your disembarkation tag, for a long time.  1st thing I do when I get in my cabin is to remove the luggage tag and destroy it.  These tags have no part in the process of disembarking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2024 at 5:54 PM, Sea42 said:

Yes, we were able to pick what time we wanted to disembark with CO.

Everybody on the ship is able to pick what time they are getting off the ship.