Laundry

KiRiMi

We are hoping to pack more lightly for our upcoming cruise n the Marina in July. It is our first ever cruise on Oceania,  We have booked a Concierge Cabin which I think has complimentary laundry service, a bit confused if that is one bag for each of us or only one per cabin. Is there also a self service laundry on the ship?

9 minutes ago, KiRiMi said:

We are hoping to pack more lightly for our upcoming cruise n the Marina in July. It is our first ever cruise on Oceania,  We have booked a Concierge Cabin which I think has complimentary laundry service, a bit confused if that is one bag for each of us or only one per cabin. Is there also a self service laundry on the ship?

One bag per cabin.

On Marina, there’s a self serve free laundry on at least four different decks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/suites-staterooms

3 bags per stateroom, 20 items per bag (pair of socks = 1 item). There is an up to 3 day turnaround, so can't do near end of trip.

Oops - I got it wrong. 
Good news: 3 bags

Bad news : 3 day turn around

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

9 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

You must need a vacation!

We’ve got Disneyland (the real one in SoCal) with grandkid coming up in several weeks. THEN, I’ll need a vacation!

That said, hold on to your hats! We’re jumping ship from Oceania (briefly) to a Tauck Machu Picchu/Galapagos trip including a really small expedition ship.

But, we’ll be back on O to Polynesia in February.

• Like 1

Free laundry is nice if you can wait the 3 days.   Concierge gets free 3 bags per cabin regardless of the length of the cruise.  On longer cruises, it may work for you.  On longer cruises, they often offer laundry specials. In May I was on a 14 day cruise.  There were 3 dates when they offered a laundry bag (20 items). For $25 with a one day turn around.   I used that offer once.  I also did laundry in the free self serve laundry room.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KiRiMi said:

3 bags per cabin, 20 pieces per bag (a pair of socks counts as one piece), folded, not ironed.  3 days turn around promised, but we've gotten them back in 1 to 2 days, depending on how full the ship is and how busy they are.  Free self service laundry including ocean friendly detergent with multiple washers and dryers on many decks.  Ironing boards and iron in each laundry room.

Edited by 1985rz1

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Oops - I got it wrong. 
Good news: 3 bags

Bad news : 3 day turn around

We recently spent 51 nights on Marina in a Concierge cabin and laundry was very well done and never took longer than 36 hours to be returned even when we were on the Amazon when all the self serve laundries were closed.  Your cabin steward will be able to give you a good return estimate based on the most current conditions in the laundry room.  And don't be afraid to use the free pressing cards for items even if they are just travel wrinkled, like jackets or shirts.

I really done get it.....Really there is no reason they can't return it soon, other lines every with "laundry included" does same day turn around.  And if you're in a higher end suite, 3 bags is a joke.   Oceania should rethink this one.

On 6/17/2024 at 7:54 AM, ronrick1943 said:

I really done get it.....Really there is no reason they can't return it soon, other lines every with "laundry included" does same day turn around.  And if you're in a higher end suite, 3 bags is a joke.   Oceania should rethink this one.

Celebrity takes 3 days

1 minute ago, EJL2023 said:

Never been, but I also believe they do NOT have self service laundry rooms, correct?

No. We love Oceania's self service laundry rooms.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Took a cruise last year with the SIL.  She talked more about the people she met in the laundry rooms than anywhere else on the ship! 🤣

2 hours ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Thanks for the reminder about the pressing cards. Does that have a 3 day turn around as well?

no - you can use them on regular laundry service that does not have 3 day turn around.....people are commenting on the 3 free bags of laundry that come with concierge and above.  If you use the pressing cards with the free laundry bags, then the item is returned with the rest of the order.  We have used the free laundry bags many times and have them returned any where from 24 - 72 hours (and we were not is an upper suite but a PH or Concierge). It is not a hard and fast rule the you will not get them back sooner than 3 days.  We plan on longer and then are pleased when it shows up sooner.

3 hours ago, patty1955 said:

The last thing I want to do is laundry when on a get away from........just an opinion nothing more.

On 6/16/2024 at 7:49 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

That said, hold on to your hats! We’re jumping ship from Oceania (briefly) to a Tauck Machu Picchu/Galapagos trip including a really small expedition ship.

That sounds incredible. We went to MP about 30 years ago and will never forget it. AND we had a Silversea Galapagos trip booked and we had to cancel a few years ago. It was so unlike the non-expedition trips. Have a FANTASTIC time.

3 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

The last thing I want to do is laundry when on a get away from........just an opinion nothing more.

The one time we had a bag of laundry done I was disappointed. The clothes looked rather gray, not bright. I'd stick with the self-serve myself.

A word of caution on the self serve machines. On our last cruise - on Riviera - several machines were out of service quite often. There is no guarantee that any machines on your deck will be working when you need them so you must join the queue on another deck. 

5 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Does Insignia have self-serve laundry?  If yes, how many are there?

Yes.  One. I think it's on Deck 7, but you can look on line at the deck plans for the Insignia to confirm it.

• Thanks 1