Taxes and fees included in prices!

jonboy9756

Just saw this on Carnival website.   

ALL TAXES AND FEES NOW INCLUDED IN PRICES!

ALL TAXES AND FEES NOW INCLUDED IN PRICES! 2
As of June 29, the prices displayed for Carnival cruises are now inclusive of taxes and fees. The total price has not changed due to this update, and by showing the total price while shopping you can now see the total cost before completing your booking.

i checked a couple of cruises i have coming up later this year and next year, it seems like pricing did go up. Cruise fare is the same but the Required Cruise Fees & Expenses and Government Taxes & Fees is various amounts and when i add it up, it is more then what i paid on on the old Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses label in my booking confirmation.

for example, my booking confirmation says Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses is 250 dollars. on the booking page it shows Required Cruise Fees & Expenses as 200 dollars and the taxes and fees as 100 dollars

11 hours ago, shof515 said:

i checked a couple of cruises i have coming up later this year and next year, it seems like pricing did go up. Cruise fare is the same but the Required Cruise Fees & Expenses and Government Taxes & Fees is various amounts and when i add it up, it is more then what i paid on on the old Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses label in my booking confirmation.

for example, my booking confirmation says Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses is 250 dollars. on the booking page it shows Required Cruise Fees & Expenses as 200 dollars and the taxes and fees as 100 dollars

Port fees can fluctuate and are not always the same depending on when you book.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Drazil65 said:

Nothing really changed except the optics and many here have mentioned many times over they wish CCL would just show the all in price up front.  So now its done, move on to the next issue.  

Exactly, now people get what they asked for and some will still gripe. 

• Like 6

I noticed this yesterday too on a couple of cruises that I have been watching.  When I clicked in to book and got to the final page, the total price is still the same as what I had been seeing prior to this change. The initial price you see on the first page is higher now because it includes those taxes and fees so at first it seems as if the cruise is more but actually it is not.  I am glad to hear that is what is going on!

I just changed cabins from a two person to a single. The cost increase in fees was $14.00 a day. This was for a 4 day cruise. Below is documents from after the change (4 day cruise) and before the change (6 day cruise). No net change for 2 persons in a cabin. $14 a day change for single. 

image.thumb.png.1a6a421b150fb266b66bb9c83966a7fc.png

Below is another cruise. Note government taxes and fees do not increase for the single person

image.thumb.png.a16ee2f89ba44a4ddbc019f8c61aa503.png

image.thumb.png.f3ba9f4dd77c684c5deef6bf6f35bb83.png

image.png

The old invoice listed Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses as one line item.  Now they are broken into two separate line items (Required Cruise Fees and Expenses) and (Government Taxes and Fees).  While it probably doesn't make any difference, I wonder if it will lead to higher cancellation costs.  Previously, with cancellations or no shows, ALL "Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses" were refunded.  Now the description of 'Required Cruise Fees and Expenses' says "which are subject to penalty", so should I assume that "penalty" will no linger be refundable?

Old Invoices:

CRUISE CHARGES

Cruise Rate

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses

Total Cruise Charges

New Listings:

Required Cruise Fees and Expenses

includes all mandatory and third-party fees and expenses associated with the Cruise Fare for services on board and in port. (which are subject to penalty).

Government Taxes and Fees

includes taxes and government-imposed fees for the performance of the cruise and related purchases, such as port head taxes, value-added taxes, air and hotel taxes, and similar fees and taxes assessed on the transaction and associated with the Cruise Fare.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

The old invoice listed Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses as one line item.  Now they are broken into two separate line items (Required Cruise Fees and Expenses) and (Government Taxes and Fees).  While it probably doesn't make any difference, I wonder if it will lead to higher cancellation costs.  Previously, with cancellations or no shows, "ALL Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses" were refunded.  Now the description of 'Required Cruise Fees and Expenses' says "which are subject to penalty", so should I assume that "penalty" will no linger be refundable?

Old Invoices:

CRUISE CHARGES

Cruise Rate

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses

Total Cruise Charges

New Listings:

Required Cruise Fees and Expenses

includes all mandatory and third-party fees and expenses associated with the Cruise Fare for services on board and in port. (which are subject to penalty).

Government Taxes and Fees

includes taxes and government-imposed fees for the performance of the cruise and related purchases, such as port head taxes, value-added taxes, air and hotel taxes, and similar fees and taxes assessed on the transaction and associated with the Cruise Fare.

I suspect you are correct. 

4 hours ago, Kayakbouy said:

I just changed cabins from a two person to a single. The cost increase in fees was $14.00 a day. This was for a 4 day cruise. Below is documents from after the change (4 day cruise) and before the change (6 day cruise). No net change for 2 persons in a cabin. $14 a day change for single. 

image.thumb.png.1a6a421b150fb266b66bb9c83966a7fc.png

Below is another cruise. Note government taxes and fees do not increase for the single person

image.thumb.png.a16ee2f89ba44a4ddbc019f8c61aa503.png

image.thumb.png.f3ba9f4dd77c684c5deef6bf6f35bb83.png

image.png

Call California.

• Haha 1