New Dining Reservations-ship by ship and Dining Room location

arizonaperson

Some have stated that they have a guarantee room and they were able to book as of today their dining room reservation. I have just compiled this list loosely from the posts under the dining threads of those that were able to book today.

Hopefully , others can just add to this list to keep everybody informed.

The reservable a.k.a. dine my way starts at 5 PM and there are slots available every 20 minutes.
Traditional dining seems to be 5 PM and 7:30 PM with a few variations.

Open seating AKA walk-in is just that. 

Caribbean Princess 

Island dining room is traditional 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Coral dining room is walk-in?
And Palm Is  reservable?

Crown Princess

Botticelli  is reservable

Michelangelo is traditional

Diamond Princess

Savoy and Vivaldi are reservable

International dining room is traditional at 5:20 PM and 7:50 pm

Pacific Moon and Santa Fe are walk-in 

Enchanted Princess

Amalfi dining room -I believe is reservable

Emerald Princess 

Michelangelo is traditional

DA Vinci walk-in

Botticelli is reservable

Grand Princess

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Botticelli is reservable

Royal Princess

Concerto is traditional at 5 PM and 7:20 PM

Allegro is Reservable every 20 minutes

Symphony is walk in

Ruby Princess

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 13

Based on cruises we have booked and reservations made today (after a lot of effort and multiple tries with error messages):

Regal Princess

Symphony Traditional 5 and 7:30 p.m.

5 p.m. reservable with a private or shared table, 7:30 reservable with a private table only

Allegro Reservable Anytime 5-8:40 every 20 minutes

Concerto assuming Anytime Walk-in 

Coral Princess

Provence Traditional 5 and 7:30 p.m.

5 Shared table only 7:30 private only

Bordeaux Reservable Anytime 5-8:20 every 20 minutes

I’m assuming traditional shared for 7:30 will open up later once Princess has an idea of how many big groups want to book traditional dining. Also pre-COVID I believe it has really had to get a private 2 person traditional dining table (if memory serves me) and Princess added a whole bunch of 2 person tables post-COVID so I’d imagine they haven’t reconfigured tables yet for traditional dining (with mostly shared tables). That is pure speculation on my part.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, coopco said:

Based on cruises we have booked and reservations made today (after a lot of effort and multiple tries with error messages):

Regal Princess

Symphony Traditional 5 and 7:30 p.m.

5 p.m. reservable with a private or shared table, 7:30 reservable with a private table only

Allegro Reservable Anytime 5-8:40 every 20 minutes

Concerto assuming Anytime Walk-in 

Coral Princess

Provence Traditional 5 and 7:30 p.m.

5 Shared table only 7:30 private only

Bordeaux Reservable Anytime 5-8:20 every 20 minutes

I’m assuming traditional shared for 7:30 will open up later once Princess has an idea of how many big groups want to book traditional dining. Also pre-COVID I believe it has really had to get a private 2 person traditional dining table (if memory serves me) and Princess added a whole bunch of 2 person tables post-COVID so I’d imagine they haven’t reconfigured tables yet for traditional dining (with mostly shared tables). That is pure speculation on my part.

Not able to edit. Should be “pre-COVID I believe it was really hard to get”.

Discovery Princess 

Juneau - traditional 5 pm and 7:30 pm

Ketchikan - reservable every 20 minutes

Skagway - walk-in

I have to comment on how early the early dining is. Was hoping it was 5:30 or 6 pm like prior to restart (or at least that’s what we remembered on other Princess ships).

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Would you (all of you) also include Reserve Collection MDR for ships?

This should become a sticky!

Thank you for getting this started.  

Maybe you are just asking for this because you are curious, but if you have Reserve Collection dining, it automatically assigns you.  And in most cases, it will just be a section of a dining room.  My Majestic cruise has me in Concerto for Reserve Class dining.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, indexcards said:
  1. I made reservations in DaVinci dining room on Emerald princess before it was changed to walk in.

Do I need to change to Botticelli or will I be seated with original reservations honored?

Depends on ….what date is your cruise?  Were all of your previous reservations canceled? Do you show any of your reservations still active ?
I don’t believe any of this is going into effect until September 14, 2024 and after voyages.

38 minutes ago, indexcards said:
  1. I made reservations in DaVinci dining room on Emerald princess before it was changed to walk in.

Do I need to change to Botticelli or will I be seated with original reservations honored?

It depends upon when you are sailing…if on or after 9/14/24 then you need to rebook Main Dining Room reservations; if before that date MDR reservation are valid.

Here’s a quote from the Princess email announcing these changes:

As previously announced, starting with voyages departing September 14, 2024, Princess will designate separate dining rooms aboard every ship in the fleet to three table service options: 

• Traditional dining offering an early and a late seating every evening 
  • Reservable dining times 
  • Open seating to support walk-ins anytime 

Once updates are complete, you will be able to use the app ahead of your voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing you to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of your choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms.

6 hours ago, chrysalis said:

Amalfi DR Enchanted for late Jan, all of Feb and early March...40 days.

All booked for us for a shared table at 6:20.

Some evenings had us booked up to 6 times!

lol 😝 It did double book TD

Santorini MDR, Enchanted Feb.

Now, today: Shows:

Santorini TD  5 and 730p

Amalfi DMW  5p and 20 min increments till 820p

Capri  Anytime/walkups

1 hour ago, palolake said:

Maybe you are just asking for this because you are curious, but if you have Reserve Collection dining, it automatically assigns you.  And in most cases, it will just be a section of a dining room.  My Majestic cruise has me in Concerto for Reserve Class dining.

Yes, I understand you are assigned a specific dining area.  AND I know that on the Caribbean Princess it is in the Coral dining room/starboard side.  On the Grand, it was in DaVinci/starboard side.  On the Diamond, it was in Santa Fe/starboard.  

Interesting to note that the app ship's deck plans for the Grand, it actually has a tag for "Club Class".  Only time I have seen that.

I'm not asking for myself.  I thought, since a list was being generated, that others might benefit from this information also being included (dining related).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Depends on ….what date is your cruise?  Were all of your previous reservations canceled? Do you show any of your reservations still active ?
I don’t believe any of this is going into effect until September 14, 2024 and after voyages.

my reservations are still all there.  sailing on aug 4th on emerald which is before the date of change and made reservatlions for october sun princess in the correct location deck.

Thanks to all who helped me see what was what.

• Like 1