Wines by the glass w/ prices menu

KKB

I have scoured Google & here but don't seem to see this.

I'm not super happy with wine selection under standard drink package.

I'm seeing a flash sale to upgrade our package but have to buy it for both of us, which might not be worth it for my beer drinking DH.

Anyone have these menus?

Thanks

Why can't we find a wine menu?

Is Celebrity too embarrassed to show the high prices?

All other Cruise lines post this info. 

Celebrity booze prices are the highest in the industry!

If you think they are not, prove it by showing other Cruise line prices. 

Why do prices for a drink on the same ship differ from bar to bar?

The same drink should be the same price regardless of the bar on the same ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can find drink menus and wine lists in the app for my upcoming cruises with prices.

The bar menus normally only list the “specialty” drinks at each bar not every drink you can get there.  Bloody Mary, for example, may only be listed at one bar but would be available at all.  Same for gin & tonic, margaritas, etc. 

The only reasons a drink would be a price different at 2 places would be that one or 2 bars only have the liquors included on the Premium package (thinking World Class  and  Martini bars).  So a margarita could be $10 at a bar using Classic package liquor and $12  or more if made with Premium package liquor at another bar. If you tell the bartender which package you have or show your card they will use the correct liquor or tell you up front that there will be a upcharge.

Another reason could be  the wine or drink list in a particular  venues menu was not changed when prices changed; human error

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I can find drink menus and wine lists in the app for my upcoming cruises with prices.

The bar menus normally only list the “specialty” drinks at each bar not every drink you can get there.  Bloody Mary, for example, may only be listed at one bar but would be available at all.  Same for gin & tonic, margaritas, etc. 

The only reasons a drink would be a price different at 2 places would be that one or 2 bars only have the liquors included on the Premium package (thinking World Class  and  Martini bars).  So a margarita could be $10 at a bar using Classic package liquor and $12  or more if made with Premium package liquor at another bar. If you tell the bartender which package you have or show your card they will use the correct liquor or tell you up front that there will be a upcharge.

Another reason could be  the wine or drink list in a particular  venues menu was not changed when prices changed; human error

Sorry, been there and seen this happen. If I am asking for a specific vodka it should be the same in each and all bars? 

Why would a drink list in a particular venue menu not be changed when prices changed? 

This is 2024 and we have or should have a Centralized Data Base. How do stores operate now with the many line items they have? 

I have asked for a specific drink such as a Cesars Bloody Mary and was told to go to another bar. It is Vodka and Clamato Juice. 

Martinis are $17. That is high. 

Why did you try to explain a Companies short comings?  

Let them explain it to us, their customers/clients who paid for a product. 

10 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Jelayne is trying to be helpful to a fellow member. Why are you giving her a hard time? 

I am not trying to give anyone a hard time. I just posted my opinion to her response. I have enough cruises behind me to know from experience when there is a concern or question. In addition, who should respond to the question. 

Celebrity is the one who knows the answer. Just like why are lounges being removed from the balcony?

Remember, it is easy to identify a problem which has been identified. 

The solution is the answer people are looking for. Not some opinion. Opinions are many and normally not the answer. 

I hope I answered your question?

23 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I am not trying to give anyone a hard time. I just posted my opinion to her response. I have enough cruises behind me to know from experience when there is a concern or question. In addition, who should respond to the question. 

Celebrity is the one who knows the answer. Just like why are lounges being removed from the balcony?

Remember, it is easy to identify a problem which has been identified. 

The solution is the answer people are looking for. Not some opinion. Opinions are many and normally not the answer. 

I hope I answered your question?

Maybe you should post your opinion/question on the Special event Q&A with Laura Hodges Bethge which is at the top of this board.  

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Why did you try to explain a Companies short comings?  

Let them explain it to us, their customers/clients who paid for a product. 

Well, you asked the question here so it was assumed you wanted the answer here.  The company does not monitor all of these threads and respond to questions asked her. 

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

This is 2024 and we have or should have a Centralized Data Base. How do stores operate now with the many line items they have? 

Those stores use centralized data bases and scan barcodes or QR codes that all go to the same POS data base.  The cruise ship uses a printed menu and those are not printed and maintained on board but come from shore side and, and I am assuming here, they do not all get updated, reprinted, and distributed at the same time for ever venue on the ship.  So it is the efficiency of an automated centralized digital process versus a distributed manual process.  However, when such disparities have occurred, it is usually given to the customer at the lower of the two prices. 

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Martinis are $17. That is high. 

That is only for the martini's made with the premium liquors at the Martini bar, where larger glasses are also used.  You can get a martini for less than 17$ at other bars but it will be made with a different brand of alcohol and come in a smaller glass. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Well, you asked the question here so it was assumed you wanted the answer here.  The company does not monitor all of these threads and respond to questions asked her. 

Ok, I will give you that one. 

Those stores use centralized data bases and scan barcodes or QR codes that all go to the same POS data base.  The cruise ship uses a printed menu and those are not printed and maintained on board but come from shore side and, and I am assuming here, they do not all get updated, reprinted, and distributed at the same time for ever venue on the ship.  So it is the efficiency of an automated centralized digital process versus a distributed manual process.  However, when such disparities have occurred, it is usually given to the customer at the lower of the two prices. 

Each ship has a printing capability as they still print correspondence to guests. They print Dailies, etc., too. Why shouldn't they, HQ, distribute to all ships the same time? You and I were both in the US Military. Even during the Viet Nam conflict I was with HQ supporting PACAF bases and we disseminated info to all our bases at once. I worked with the Navy and communicated with the Navy in such a manner, too. 

Distributed manual process? SMH.

Do you work or are you affiliated with Celebrity or RCG? 

Given to the customer at the lower of the two prices? Have not seen that happen on any Cruise Ship. Have you?

That is only for the martini's made with the premium liquors at the Martini bar, where larger glasses are also used.  You can get a martini for less than 17$ at other bars but it will be made with a different brand of alcohol and come in a smaller glass. 

So, where does it state on any menu that you may ask for a smaller glass and different brand of alcohol? How many people know that? Another Celebrity secret?

Did you read the new posting about the price difference of wine by the glass or bottle during lunch and then dinner? Please explain that one for me? 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3016851-featured-wine-with-dynamic-pricing-and-a-couple-of-well-priced-bottles/#comment-67603921Thank you for your time and opinions.

Edited by Oxo

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

Do you work or are you affiliated with Celebrity or RCG? 

I am retired and have never worked or been affiliated with either. 

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

Given to the customer at the lower of the two prices? Have not seen that happen on any Cruise Ship. Have you?

Yes, and have read other people saying it happened here on CC. 

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

So, where does it state on any menu that you may ask for a smaller glass and different brand of alcohol? How many people know that? Another Celebrity secret?

Does not say it anywhere, but where have you seen martini prices other than the martini bar. 

Again, there have been numerous comments made by other cruisers that mixed drinks are based on the price of the alcohol used in them.  I have had martini's at both the martini and other bars, the martini bar is the only place where a larger glass is the norm. (I have had bartenders in the retreat get larger glasses for me when I asked).  

I do not think it is a secret, I think it is something that I have seen happen on board and read about it here on CC many times. 

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

id you read the new posting about the price difference of wine by the glass or bottle during lunch and then dinner? Please explain that one for me? 

I read it. I cannot explain it other than to quote a Forrest Gump  "It Happens" 🤣

• Like 2

On 7/3/2024 at 12:45 PM, KKB said:

I'm seeing a flash sale to upgrade our package but have to buy it for both of us, which might not be worth it for my beer drinking DH.

Anyone have these menus?

Thanks

I wouldn't be happy with it, either.  I've culled the lists, and here's some details about what I find currently for by-the-glass options on one of the ships.  Just remember, you effectively get a $17 discount per glass on the 'Elevated' selections if you have the 'Premium' package.

Premium Package Wines BTG

Whites

Selbach Riesling Kabinett ($27 at home) 90/93

Wairau River Sauvignon Blanc ($18 at home) 91

Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc ($14 at home) 90/91

Avivo Vermentino 91?

Reds

Chateau Souverain Cabernet Sauvignon 88/90

Excelsior Cabernet Sauvignon ($10) 88/90

Kendall-Jackson Pinot Noir Vintners Reserve ($18 at home) 90/92

Alta Vista Malbec ($18 at home) 89/90

Avivo Sangiovese ($20 at home) 91?

Torres Ibericos Tempranillo ($16 at home) 92

Jean Luc Colombo Les Abeilles ($17 at home) 90

Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon ($20 at home) 89/90

Elevated Wines BTG

Whites

Opulance Celebrity – Grgich Chardonnay $25/glass, $80/bottle

Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc $25/glass, $110/bottle ($43 at home) 92/93

Tenute del Cabreo, La Pietra, Chardonnay $22/glass (varies widely with vintage)

Fume Blanc, Grgich Hills $22/glass, $90/bottle ($35-40 at home) 91/95

Reds

Belle Glos Pinot Noir Las Alturas, $25/glass, $90/bottle ($45 at home) 91/96

Emmolo Merlot $25/glass, $90/bottle ($60 at home) 90

Penner Ash Pinot Noir $21/glass, $100/bottle ($67? at home) 91/93

Hartford Court Zinfandel $25/glass, $106/bottle ($47 at home) 93/94

Freemark Abbey Cabernet Sauvignon $25/glass, $110/bottle ($69 at home) 93/94

Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon $40/glass, $225/bottle ($90 at home) 90/92

Edited by canderson
  • Thanks 1

A quick search here on Cruise Critic - not sure why some feel it so difficult, will return a great contribution in March of 2024 from @Bernd_ffm

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2996575-2024-celberity-cruise-drink-menues-with-prices/

Google Search

Search using Parameter +Celebrity +Cruise +Wine +List +2024 -  Photos return a full page -  Just clink hyperlink.    Many are on Cruise Critics.    I know over the past year I have posted a dozen or more. 

You may have to sort through the results to find ones from 2024

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

The standard and premium are disappointing for red wines.  The elevated is good.

I agree 100% which is why I posted the question I did in the new "Ask the President" section.  Going to be interesting to see if I get and reply and if so what it will be.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

A quick search here on Cruise Critic - not sure why some feel it so difficult, will return a great contribution in March of 2024 from @Bernd_ffm

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2996575-2024-celberity-cruise-drink-menues-with-prices/

Google Search

Search using Parameter +Celebrity +Cruise +Wine +List +2024 -  Photos return a full page -  Just clink hyperlink.    Many are on Cruise Critics.    I know over the past year I have posted a dozen or more. 

You may have to sort through the results to find ones from 2024

Jim, I did a search & I found this thread which was of little help.

I found all the bar menus online, but none of which showed anything beyond the very basic often vague wine offerings. 

Thx @canderson for that list. Reminds me why I typically upgrade--I do like Villa Maria.

Seems I was able to order it per glass...probably worth it to upgrade when I get at least 30% off...

Thanks!

Even if you see a detailed list the chances are more than 50/50 will not be available.  

On one of my cruises I copied the complete wine list from Luminae and Fine Cut.   I didn't want to post it as it was an Australian / New Zealand cruse where they have to include gratuities in the listed price thus also raising the Max Price to include.     Unfortunately at least 50% of the menus were wrong.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 2:45 PM, KKB said:

Anyone have these menus?

Thanks

I will not for your DH that there are far more beers to choose from in the Premium package than in the basic package. What convinced me to upgrade (in addition to better whisky choices) was that DogFish 60 Minute (which is a staple at home since I live close to the brewery) was $12 on menus I saw. I'm not saying I want DF 60 in Alaska, but I want that as an option, for sure!

1 minute ago, dctravel said:

I will not for your DH that there are far more beers to choose from in the Premium package than in the basic package. What convinced me to upgrade (in addition to better whisky choices) was that DogFish 60 Minute (which is a staple at home since I live close to the brewery) was $12 on menus I saw. I'm not saying I want DF 60 in Alaska, but I want that as an option, for sure!

Dogfish 90 is mostly available, and is on the premium pkg.

Cheers

Just now, dctravel said:

He drinks Leinenkugel's Summer shandy at home typically.

But he will drinks Ultra or even a Coors Light w/ lemonade. 

He does like to try local beers wherever we go. He hates IPAs

I saw the Kronenbourg 1664 he really liked in Copenhagen; and Strongbow is on the premium list which is odd because I'm pretty sure it wasn't before...

The Sommeliers help a lot.  Yes some wines run out during a cruise, sometimes a shipment didn’t arrive in time.  

We don’t bother to look at the wine list.  We have a few favorites we request occasionally but for the most part we let the sommelier select our wines to pair with what we are ordering. 
We had many wines we had never heard of, some we had heard of but never tried.  

Edited by jelayne
Typo

30 minutes ago, jelayne said:

but for the most part we let the sommelier select our wines to pair with what we are ordering.

I have found this to be the best approach, in addition to letting the sommelier know of any specific dislikes, e.g. white wine.  

I end up with a lot of pinot noir when I have seafood this way but I don't mind.  It gives me a chance to sample a lot of different pinot noir's.