Regent 2026-2027 Voyage Collection Available for Preview

18 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Yes, I have.  Four times in the past two years without incident..  Is there something I should know.

I haven't had a problem with Uber or Lyft either, over dozens of rides. I'm not sure why any isolated incident would cause someone to swear off the service altogether.

I don't have a problem with Terminal J either; I like its smaller size. It does the job, and I'm not there that long anyway.

53 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

I haven't had a problem with Uber or Lyft either, over dozens of rides. I'm not sure why any isolated incident would cause someone to swear off the service altogether.

I don't have a problem with Terminal J either; I like its smaller size. It does the job, and I'm not there that long anyway.

As I think about it, we've used Uber 6 times in Miami over the past two years with no issues.  Uber and Lyft are so easy to use and reasonable I can't imagine using a traditional taxi at anytime.

I agree regarding Terminal J.  My only grip is the time it takes to check in for a cruise.  Considering the number of agents and ship capacity, there's no reason a 45 minute wait should be necessary.

23 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Except half the Uber drivers have no clue where Terminal J is.

We had to bring it up on Google Maps and direct our last Uber driver! Should have figured we had a problem when he drove by Hampton Inn 3 times picking us up!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sd duderino said:

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.

The emoji was just me kvelling over your use of Yiddish on Cruise Critic. 😀

I’m sure I don’t know what you mean.

The emojis available to us here are limited in scope. 😁

On 7/18/2024 at 12:54 PM, PaulMCO said:

Except half the Uber drivers have no clue where Terminal J is.

We usually drive ourselves to Miami, but in all fairness, we got lost too.  I took 4 trips around the port before I inadvertently missed a turn and it actually took me to the road to Terminal J.  So I can't really fault the Uber drivers. 🤣

• Thanks 1

Parking at terminal J is easy breezy, too.  Not the newest terminal but it gets the job done and agree it is less hectic on that side of the port.

40 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

We usually drive ourselves to Miami, but in all fairness, we got lost too.  I took 4 trips around the port before I inadvertently missed a turn and it actually took me to the road to Terminal J.  So I can't really fault the Uber drivers. 🤣

Thank you! Now I know I’m not alone! We parked in garage G once when we kept missing lot D. It’s almost like the song about the MTA.

31 minutes ago, jbandkb said:

Parking at terminal J is easy breezy, too.  Not the newest terminal but it gets the job done and agree it is less hectic on that side of the port.

Less hectic is a great way to describe it. I think of the farmer in the dell … the cheese stands alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone come across this before?

In reviewing itineraries in the brochure received in the mail last week, I found one on the Splendor July 13 - July 25, 2026 from Rome to Venice that I was interested in.

When I look on the Regent website, however, there are only two cruises listed....one ending in Rome on July 13 and another one starting in Venice on July 25....but the one I am interested in is not showing.

I will call Regent tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone has noticed something like this before.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Just2guys said:

In reviewing itineraries in the brochure received in the mail last week, I found one on the Splendor July 13 - July 25, 2026 from Rome to Venice that I was interested in.

When I look on the Regent website, however, there are only two cruises listed....one ending in Rome on July 13 and another one starting in Venice on July 25....but the one I am interested in is not showing.

I will call Regent tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone has noticed something like this before.

Thanks

Maybe it just hasn't been loaded to the site yet.

2 hours ago, Just2guys said:

Thanks

Possibly a dry dock, one or more charters or a combination of a dry dock and charter. Or maybe it’s just a website error.

Dave

Bookings are to be opened for purchase on Wednesday, according to my TA who will place a hold for us, until we can get pricing on several cabins.  We are on Mariner in 3 weeks, so looking for on board savings for the cruises.

Just heard from our wonderful TA - we are booked on the Splendor, Rome to Venice, in April 2026 in precisely the suite we want (Grand Suite Aft).   Needless to say we are delighted.

• Like 3

We got our first choice cabin on the 5/20/26 Vancouver-Vancouver on Explorer. Long way off, but we have three more booked before that, and then the World Cruise in '27! Gotta keep the pipeline filled!

We booked the Canal cruise out of LA in January '27.  We already have our Christmas cruise on Mariner December '25/January '26.  We have cruises on other cruise lines between now and then (I know, for shame, for shame), so we are all set.

We booked a Sydney to Papeete cruise for Jan '27.  Was going to wait until August when we are on Mariner.  But TA said he could get onboard savings, the OBC they give for an onboard booking and the $1000 down payment.  Magically worked...Thought that only worked 30 days after,

11 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

We booked a Sydney to Papeete cruise for Jan '27.  Was going to wait until August when we are on Mariner.  But TA said he could get onboard savings, the OBC they give for an onboard booking and the $1000 down payment.  Magically worked...Thought that only worked 30 days after,

Nope - only within the 30 days BEFORE embarkation on your next voyage

• Like 2

The Future Cruise Credits can be bought for $500 now. We bought two on our recent Splendor trip, and have already booked two future sailings, and that's all we had to put down. 

We booked the Doha to Rome cruise in March 2027.   Lucky as our preferred room category is already waitlisted... We have our first Regent cruise in February next year - Hong Kong to Tokyo, so really looking forward to the Regent experience.

56 minutes ago, Canberra601 said:

We booked the Doha to Rome cruise in March 2027.   Lucky as our preferred room category is already waitlisted... We have our first Regent cruise in February next year - Hong Kong to Tokyo, so really looking forward to the Regent experience.

How can you have a “preferred room category” if you have never sailed Regent?

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

I don't see why you can't have a "preferred room category" if you've never sailed with Regent. It might be the size, facilities or price, but I'm sure most of us had a preferred category the first time we sailed with Regent. Now whether that category changes over time is another matter!

• Like 5

12 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Our "preferred room category" on any ship is based on the size of the suite and accompanying amenities that you get.  We did our research about the suite categories available on the Voyager and were able to identify the category that would suit us for a 21 day cruise.  As @minotaur noted this could change once we have experienced Regent.

• Like 3

On 7/27/2024 at 10:34 PM, Canberra601 said:

This itinerary does sound wonderful & it’s certainly one we would love to do! We have also never been with Regent, it does look wonderful though! May I ask please, what was the deposit you had to put on this cruise? Vicki. ☺️

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Busy Mum said:

This itinerary does sound wonderful & it’s certainly one we would love to do! We have also never been with Regent, it does look wonderful though! May I ask please, what was the deposit you had to put on this cruise? Vicki. ☺️

We use an Australian travel agent, and paid a 7.5% deposit. But if we cancel 151 days or more prior to departure the cancellation fee is AUD250 per person, which means we get the rest of the deposit back.  

Edited by Canberra601