Printing luggage labels

debgreg

Hi,
my daughter is going to print these in work for me but I can’t work out how to send them. Will she have to log into my account or is there a way I can email her a link. Thanks

We have the porters at the pier attach   luggage labels with the room number.  No need for you or your daughter  to print.  And we get the luggage every time.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

You should be able to save it as a PDF file from your account that you can email to her.  Maybe right click, save as?  Then you fold them which is not hard because each fold is explained on the paper.  I’d print an extra copy of each.

As others have said you can get them tagged at the pier.  But I have plastic holders for my tags.  I put them on right before I leave for the ship.

I tip the porters the same whether they tag them or I do.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Thanks, I will look on the laptop if it gives the option to save, on the iPad I couldn’t see it.

On the iPad try the share button.  The button showing a box with an up arrow.  I use my iPad more than my laptop.

• Like 1

The option I would use on my iPad would be to take a screen shot and save it as a photo.  You could then send the photo(s) in a text or email.  Follow this link for instructions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

On the iPad try the share button.  The button showing a box with an up arrow.  I use my iPad more than my laptop.

Thanks the share button worked 😊

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

As long as the porters will make tags for us, I see no reason to use my paper and my ink and my time to Print them

It’s easy for me to print at work.  I haven’t had a home printer in maybe 5 years.

8 hours ago, debgreg said:

Hi,
my daughter is going to print these in work for me but I can’t work out how to send them. Will she have to log into my account or is there a way I can email her a link. Thanks

Screenshot the luggage tag & send that to her like you would a picture

I will print them for you for only $100 a piece, shipping not included. For an extra $100, I'll even print a gold border around the edges to make them pretty. Call now. Operators are standing by.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

As long as the porters will make tags for us, I see no reason to use my paper and my ink and my time to Print them

I'd rather use my ink than waste my time waiting on porters to properly tag my bags accurately.

But we all have different priorities.

• Like 1

We use parking at Southampton where the luggage is collected from the car, and has gone off to be loaded before we even get to the terminal building. I’m not sure if the staff directing the parking have blank luggage tags to complete for you, or whether you would have to lug your cases to the terminal? We print our labels at home, but we only have a black and white printer! If I have time, I will colour in the labels with coloured pencils! Quite therapeutic, even if the colours aren’t quite accurate! Our bags have always arrived safely at our cabins.

• Like 1

I recall on one of my first cruises that I saw other cruisers with these fancy labels on their luggage.  I thought I was missing out.  However, when we got to the pier, I showed the porter our room number and he took care of it.   Our luggage arrived with the others despite not being printed in colored ink.  Not worth my time to print, fold and attach. 

• Like 1

The Port of L.A. (San Pedro) won't let the porters use blank tags, rather there's a desk where a one-port worker checks your name against your room number and then gives you tags.  In December '22, that was a surprisingly long line that had zero protection from the weather.  I was told this is because these sailings were rarely full, there were a lot of room changes from MoveUp and surprise upgrades and a lot of passengers used their old room numbers or old luggage tags

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

It takes less time for me to print them than to wait in line for the porter to fill out the information and attach it to the bags. It's a minimal cost for the paper and ink for a legible tag.

Edited by Iamcruzin

We also left out of San Pedro last year and for the first time did not print out our own tags and had to wait in a pretty long line. We won’t make that mistake again!