Move up - Concierge

We booked late for this cruise within the 90 day period.  We booked an OV which was the best available stateroom.

Our bid to Move up to Concierge on 7 day cruise in the Norwegian Fjords at the end of the month on Silhouette was accepted.

We are just worried that C2 Concierge could be on a high deck or less desirable position than our OV midship. 

We have cruised a few times with Concierge class which we booked from the start & it definitely would be great to have a balcony through the fjords but I'm a bit worried about gambling our position.

Is there any chance of knowing which staterooms are available before we proceed?

You can pull up available cabins on some websites (which we can't mention). But that's not foolproof because there's a domino effect if someone in Concierge moves up to AQ or a Suite.

It's a throw of the dice! 

many of these cabins are deck 12 under the buffet and can be very noisy starting at 4am.. been there done that. Once the bid goes through you don't have a choice. You should know the cabin number very soon. Check your APP as it may be showing there, If there are still open cabins call and see if you can swap but you must stay in CC class at this point

If your bid was "accepted", then you'd already know your stateroom number, so do you mean you've placed a bid?  It should be known well in advance for anyone considering a MoveUp that you don't decide which stateroom you'll get and you can't back out after your bid is accepted.  If you can't accept that risk, then MoveUp is not for you.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, We-R-Off said:

We booked late for this cruise within the 90 day period.  We booked an OV which was the best available stateroom.

Our bid to Move up to Concierge on 7 day cruise in the Norwegian Fjords at the end of the month on Silhouette was accepted.

We are just worried that C2 Concierge could be on a high deck or less desirable position than our OV midship. 

We have cruised a few times with Concierge class which we booked from the start & it definitely would be great to have a balcony through the fjords but I'm a bit worried about gambling our position.

Is there any chance of knowing which staterooms are available before we proceed?

If your bid was accepted than you cannot back out only choice is like others said, take a look at the other c2 rooms available, mock booking and call celebrity and see if you can move into one of the ones available.  You should be able to move into rooms within same type, ie c2 to c2 etc.  

27 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Haven’t I seen that on a Move Up, if accepted, you can call and ask for a different cabin number if one is available?

I guess you can call and ask for anything............

7 hours ago, gold1953 said:

many of these cabins are deck 12 under the buffet and can be very noisy starting at 4am.. been there done that. Once the bid goes through you don't have a choice. You should know the cabin number very soon. Check your APP as it may be showing there, If there are still open cabins call and see if you can swap but you must stay in CC class at this point

That has been my experience, so I no longer do a MoveUP bid from a Veranda to a Concierge cabin.

I should have known it would be a cabin no one wanted. Duh....

On 7/18/2024 at 1:20 AM, We-R-Off said:

If your bid has already been accepted, you are locked in.  If several cabins available you might be able to change locations but otherwise you bought it!

12 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

If your bid has already been accepted, you are locked in.  If several cabins available you might be able to change locations but otherwise you bought it!

I feel a bit like Eve in the garden of Eden being tempted by the snake !!!!
They noted our new credit card detail &  they said they will let me know. it seems  they had difficulty with our credit card so I am not sure if it has been processed.  I’m now hoping that it didn’t go through.
Celebrity said that they will let me know by email. I’m not really sure if that means it’s locked in or not. Does that mean I could still back out ????
It is what it is & a lesson learned. 

14 hours ago, We-R-Off said:

Our original stateroom is still showing 🤞

how long does it normally take if it’s going through ?

I think many of us are confused? 

To me it sounds like you placed a bid to ‘move up’ and were ‘successful’ in submitting that ‘bid’, BUT Celebrity has NOT notified you your bid was ‘accepted’ and you will be charged and moved to your new category?

Please clarify.

They had a problem charging the credit card so it depends on whether they were successful. TBH whatever happens we will go with the flow

On 7/20/2024 at 5:49 AM, We-R-Off said:

I feel a bit like Eve in the garden of Eden being tempted by the snake !!!!
They noted our new credit card detail &  they said they will let me know. it seems  they had difficulty with our credit card so I am not sure if it has been processed.  I’m now hoping that it didn’t go through.
Celebrity said that they will let me know by email. I’m not really sure if that means it’s locked in or not. Does that mean I could still back out ????
It is what it is & a lesson learned. 

We always choose the cabin we want when we book and never upgrade.

1 hour ago, We-R-Off said:

It all turned out well. We didn’t get concierge sadly but we got a midship veranda for a slight extra. We are more than happy. 

Glad it worked out for you!

On 7/21/2024 at 3:01 AM, the penguins said:

We always choose the cabin we want when we book and never upgrade.

same here.. eliminates stress of uncertainty. ..