Royal Railway on my Utopia sailing sold out in 15 minutes

I looked at 8:00, all sittings were available. By 8:15, every sitting was sold out. My suggestion is if you’re planning on booking it, join your FB sailing and check when ressies open, because it goes fast. 

27 minutes ago, twangster said:

When is your sail date?

It looks to be available for many dates in July and August.  They haven't opened it up yet beyond that.

August 12. They are taking their sweet time opening reservations for anything. Show reservations still aren’t available yet. 

Just now, Nickles_1 said:

August 12. They are taking their sweet time opening reservations for anything. Show reservations still aren’t available yet. 

I know right?

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

I'll be really curious if this has lasting power, or it's a general one and done like Wonderland.

Probably why they are looking at different themes.  Do the same one again, probably not, a different one?  Probably.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Probably why they are looking at different themes.  Do the same one again, probably not, a different one?  Probably.

But even different themes I could see being "meh"

Although it is obviously an asset they can change it up. 

Now if they do a Snowpiercer theme, then they're onto something.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That would be epic.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'll be really curious if this has lasting power, or it's a general one and done like Wonderland.

For $120 p/p, it's a none and done for me.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

For $120 p/p, it's a none and done for me.

It wasn’t $120. It dropped to $79 pp.

Edit - it could have been $75 … anyway, something like that. When I went back in, it was sold out. But was was in the 70s for sure.  

Edited by Nickles_1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm watching mine like a hawk...still not up yet.

If we can ascertain what theme we may dress up for it, I don't care what it costs.

We're doing Empire Supper Club and my daughter/hubs have issued a supper club challenge...already gotten my feather headband, long pearls and dress, hubs has a walking stick and a top hat to go with his tux.  SOOO fun. Why not?

"LIfe is a banquet and some poor suckers are starving to death!"

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Oh God No! 

The whole “Pinnacle” thing is bad enough as it is! 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

….although I can see some synergies in training reservations agents to double as the masked bandits who make you drop all your money and valuables in their swag bag before retreating out of the carriage? 🤷‍♂️

So yesterday I booked Royal Railway from the website because I knew the URL for our sailing that Royal was going to use when they made it live on the app and on the dining page on the app....so I posted to facebook that it was going to be up soon.  Yikes...it got crazy.  So I will tell you this...if you still can't see it in the app or on the website...you can call and reserve with customer service on the phone....if the person on the phone says no or that you have to do it on the ship...hang up and call again.  Some people it took 3 or 4 calls till someone helped book it.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Or a Yellowstone one.  Rember, don’t get off at the rail station.😳

• Haha 1

We'll be on Utopia in February and I booked the UDP so I could dine at the Railway Station but it's not on my app for that cruise yet. It worries me that it's selling out so quickly. Wondering if they save any spots for those with the UDP? Would definitely not be happy if I am supposed to wait until we board the ship to make reservations and the Railway has already been sold out. Maybe I should book the reservations when I first see it on the app, then cancel it once on board and have it included in the UDP. Any advice is welcome!

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

We'll be on Utopia in February and I booked the UDP so I could dine at the Railway Station but it's not on my app for that cruise yet. It worries me that it's selling out so quickly. Wondering if they save any spots for those with the UDP? Would definitely not be happy if I am supposed to wait until we board the ship to make reservations and the Railway has already been sold out. Maybe I should book the reservations when I first see it on the app, then cancel it once on board and have it included in the UDP. Any advice is welcome!

I have an upcoming Star class cruise and this will be my strategy.  I'll let the Genie figure out once on board.  

• Like 4

I was also thinking to book online as soon as I can (Sept cruise) and then get on the ship and try to cancel and book to use my UDP. I heard there will be a cost even on the UDP...anyone know?

Amazing sold out that early- I do not see the lure- an indoor dining spot- even though a very nice one-  without a view out to the sea- call me oldfashioned but that´s why I book a cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old lady cruiser said:

Takes away the "relaxation" of what is to be a relaxing vacation

Book a Freedom class or older ship where there’s no reservation for shows. 

If you have UDP the upcharge is currently $15.00. A few people on our group said they booked it even tho they had the UDP and were told that Royal will refund the difference.  Now I always take that with a grain of salt as sometimes...well just sometimes...people just post to post.  LOL