Bringing Nespresso Coffee Machine on board

4 hours ago, expectthebest said:

I will request an espresso machine from the concierge.. yes.. the concierge even though I am only in a balcony

Be prepared for almost as much ridicule for this request as your initial question. 

• 1 month later...

On 7/22/2024 at 4:10 PM, shipgeeks said:

I am not the least bit surprised at an innocent question like a Nespresso.  Not only do I see the naughty table at the end of every cruise, I also read "another site" in which people regularly state that they take their own bedding, pillows, shower curtains, bathmat, storage products, box fans, white noise machines, string (party) lights, balcony furniture, hammock, food products, and more. Some take an extra suitcase or two just for these items.

Seriously....this community is bonkers sometimes.  Ask about bringing a small coffee machine, the same type of which Royal provides to those in mini-suites and above, and get ridiculed as if it's a "ridiculous" request.  Ask about Christmas lights, magnetic hooks, upside down pineapple decals, rubber ducks, extra curtains, travel routers, TV sticks, tupperware...etc and get posts offering full guides on how to "maximize" your cruise.

On 7/22/2024 at 7:02 PM, elcuchio24 said:

You must not be a Nespresso cult member, like myself. I can't even drink regular coffee anymore. That said, never going to get one on. 

FYI, we have brought our small Nespresso machine on three RCCL cruises without issue.  I was ready for it to be confiscated the first time but figured it was worth a try, but have not yet been stopped.  We have always taken it with us in our carry-on...and have not had a cabin steward flag it as an issue.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/23/2024 at 11:56 PM, expectthebest said:

Sorry for the long delay I have been on the last leg of a land vacation with another family so had no time to get back to my favorite cruise site and see what was suggested.

I have to say.. most of you on here had me in stitches laughing until my eyes were tearing.. I can see how one may assume this was a funny question.

I will request an espresso machine from the concierge.. yes.. the concierge even though I am only in a balcony. I feel like if the concierge receives my request he/she may be left without words and may think I have simply forgotten the pecking order. I believe that if I ask with bold confidence in my voice the concierge will accept my request and grant it as a warm gesture to a kind past passenger. 
My father always told us as kids that you will catch more flies with the doors open. I’ll be sure to report back what the outcome of this seemingly outlandish request.  

They have those machines in suites and even in a JS, we've never used it…I get up earlier than DH so I mosey down the empty halls to the Crown lounge for their version of expresso and cappuccino. That machine would wake him up 

On 7/18/2024 at 11:47 PM, expectthebest said:

we would also be ok just using it in the morning hours and maybe unplugging it and placing it under the bed or even putting it on the floor in one of the closets covering it with a in room robe that we normally don’t use.

You know everything goes through a security scan. They'll confiscate it before you even get on the ship. 

5 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

Seriously....this community is bonkers sometimes.  Ask about bringing a small coffee machine, the same type of which Royal provides to those in mini-suites and above, and get ridiculed as if it's a "ridiculous" request.  Ask about Christmas lights, magnetic hooks, upside down pineapple decals, rubber ducks, extra curtains, travel routers, TV sticks, tupperware...etc and get posts offering full guides on how to "maximize" your cruise.

FYI, we have brought our small Nespresso machine on three RCCL cruises without issue.  I was ready for it to be confiscated the first time but figured it was worth a try, but have not yet been stopped.  We have always taken it with us in our carry-on...and have not had a cabin steward flag it as an issue.

I'd be to worried something would happen to it during travel/being confiscated. I am too attached to it. It would break me if it was injured...

5 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

Simple response. It doesn't matter what people have smuggled onboard before. The Policy is "no". And violating the policy puts the entire cruise ship at risk, all passengers, all crew, the ship itself,,, all because some people think that they are above the rules. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

Q

What items are prohibited onboard a Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship?

Flammable Items - All items with heating elements are strictly prohibited,

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Simple response. It doesn't matter what people have smuggled onboard before. The Policy is "no". And violating the policy puts the entire cruise ship at risk, all passengers, all crew, the ship itself,,, all because some people think that they are above the rules. 

Thanks.  I didn't think it required a response as the "policy" had already been posted....but I know you're a big fan of the policies on each ship and line and educating the whole cruisecritic community about each of them.  Thanks for the helpful reminder.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

You have been lucky. The carry ons don't get scrutinized as much as checked bags. They are looking for firearms in carry ons. maybe booze. The cabin stewards are probably not going to rat you out as they want good ratings and tips. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 7/19/2024 at 4:10 PM, Annie01 said:

So at first light in the morning you turn on your TV to “drown out the noise of the coffee maker brewing”. Your neighbors hearing your loud TV first thing in the morning isn’t a concern of yours but the coffee maker is??  

my thoughts exactly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teddie said:

I respectfully ask:

Do you think I might bring my power washer on board?  I hate when the glass on the bacony is cloudy. 

Teddie 🤪

Gas or electric ?  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, loman said:

Gas or electric ?  😀

Considering how fussy they are about electric cords/plugs, I'm consideriing  filling my allowed wine bottles with gas. LOLOL

T

Edited by teddie
  • Haha 2

On 9/3/2024 at 2:24 AM, teddie said:

Considering how fussy they are about electric cords/plugs, I'm consideriing  filling my allowed wine bottles with gas. LOLOL

T

Hello,

I brought a chef’s gas blow torch on board at Le Havre, by itself in a paper carrier so not disguised, and security didn’t bat an eyelid.

Regards,

Cublet

As per usual it’s Everyman for himself.  Women and children first just a suggestion.  My eyes were opened with the videos of the Costa Concordia sinking.  There is a reason for maritime regulations.  Just saying…..

Edited by fenton04

On 9/2/2024 at 12:27 PM, Charles4515 said:

You have been lucky. The carry ons don't get scrutinized as much as checked bags. They are looking for firearms in carry ons. maybe booze. The cabin stewards are probably not going to rat you out as they want good ratings and tips. 

Thought it was hilarious that security at either Port Everglades or Miami pulled me aside for "suspected alcohol" and confiscated 3 airline bottles of vodka. I told the nice lady she could keep them, take them home, or whatever. She taped them together and wrote a report, asked me if I wanted to fill out their form and I again told her just to keep the vodka (nicely). That was the first half of a B2B. On the evening of the last day of the first half, on my bed were the 3 bottles of vodka! 

• Haha 3