Hot water bottle

Leaving for our cruise on Enchantment on Saturday and just now thinking about my husband who has severe back and neck issues.  At home he alternates ice and heat.  Since he can’t bring a heating pad, I’m considering getting him a hot water bottle, but I’m not sure how hot the water gets in the cabins.  Is it hot enough to fill a hot water bottle and give him 20 minutes or so of heat?  If not, is it possible to get hot enough water elsewhere on the ship?

Thanks! 

49 minutes ago, NewMrsSwan918 said:

Leaving for our cruise on Enchantment on Saturday and just now thinking about my husband who has severe back and neck issues.  At home he alternates ice and heat.  Since he can’t bring a heating pad, I’m considering getting him a hot water bottle, but I’m not sure how hot the water gets in the cabins.  Is it hot enough to fill a hot water bottle and give him 20 minutes or so of heat?  If not, is it possible to get hot enough water elsewhere on the ship?

Thanks! 

I've heard the shower gets pretty hot, enough for a babys bottle. Try it and see. 

• Like 1

No one confiscated the heading pad I brought with me on Oasis in April. It was unintentional--the rule slipped my mind. But it made it on and back. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Leezen said:

No one confiscated the heading pad I brought with me on Oasis in April. It was unintentional--the rule slipped my mind. But it made it on and back. 

Understand it was unintentional on your part, but that is no guarantee that the OP will be able to do that as it is a prohibited item as a potential fire hazard.

@NewMrsSwan918, I would call RCCL and ask to speak with their special needs department to see if they can offer any help with this.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

The sink tap water in the cabin should be fine.  And for those who say it is a prohibited item, a hot water bottle is not an electrical appliance, it is a rubber "bottle" that one fills and caps in order to have a warm cushion.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

And for those who say it is a prohibited item, a hot water bottle is not an electrical appliance, it is a rubber "bottle" that one fills and caps in order to have a warm cushion.

I don't believe anyone said it is a prohibited item as it is not, for the reasons you mention.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On 7/21/2024 at 7:40 PM, NewMrsSwan918 said:

Thanks! 

I am on Enchantment right now. The water in our cabin shower is not very hot, even when we turn it all the way up. On the bright side, the hot tubs in the Solarium are pretty good. I have a bad lower back (L1-S1) and have spent time every day of the cruise so far in the hot tub with decent relief. On a side note, I really like this ship. The ship is sailing at 100% per the CD, but the ship has not felt crowded at any point/location so far. I was on Grandeur last week and this ship feels significantly bigger, even though on paper it is not that much larger.  

• Thanks 1