Trying to Bid a Move Up

When I log in to the website and go to the Move Up section, it asks for my last name as well as reservation number...all good so far.  When I submit that info, it goes directly to the "Find My Reservation" pop up as if it does not recognize that I have a booked cruise.  I enter the same info along with ship name and sail date, submit and it takes me back to the first page (showing my booked sailing) where I started the whole process.  We are 27 days out...

Is there some "trick" or backdoor in?

7 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Are you logging into your account and reservation first? There might be a move up link there.

Signed in, clicked Manage Reservation, then:

image.thumb.png.c895ab5d807fe984a85bd15c723eb9f7.png

Are you booked with a big box TA?  It is my understanding that they do not participate in Move Up. 

I have a booking that I know is not eligible for Move Up and when I try  going in through Move Up it does the same thing to me that you are seeing.  

Hi - I was having that happen to me as well.  It's really as simple as going into "Manage your reservation".  From there, scroll down past the all the Flights by Celebrity and Shore Excursion/Drink & Dining Package ads and you'll come to this.  Click on the Learn More and it *should* bring you to the offer page. 

image.thumb.png.257cbbad4484dc7cd92bb05598cbf529.png

1 hour ago, bumbles said:

Hi - I was having that happen to me as well.  It's really as simple as going into "Manage your reservation".  From there, scroll down past the all the Flights by Celebrity and Shore Excursion/Drink & Dining Package ads and you'll come to this.  Click on the Learn More and it *should* bring you to the offer page. 

That didn’t show on my last cruise.  But when I went to Move Up put in my name and reservation number I could bid. So going in through Manage Reservation isn’t always a option.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

When I log in to the website and go to the Move Up section, it asks for my last name as well as reservation number...all good so far.  When I submit that info, it goes directly to the "Find My Reservation" pop up as if it does not recognize that I have a booked cruise.  I enter the same info along with ship name and sail date, submit and it takes me back to the first page (showing my booked sailing) where I started the whole process.  We are 27 days out...

Is there some "trick" or backdoor in?

Have you not had any emails about a MoveUp? We’re on the same cruise as you and have had several. In fact, we’ve had another one today with a link. Best to use the email address on post #12 and request an email link as it never works for me if I go in via the reservation page.

I never got an email but I booked a month before final payment was due. I didn't get an email but I am able to bid by going on the website under manage reservations. I booked concierge class with the AI. At the time of booking It would have been less money for me to book a sky suite than what they were asking for the opening bid.  My cruise has gone up and it's after final payment now. At this point it would be less money to cancel the reservation if I could and book a sky suite for less than the starting bid and be able to pick my location.  These cruise lines know what they are doing with these up bids. They know few will do the math assuming the up bid is a better deal and I'm sure that there a some who bid higher than the starting bid. I have had this same experience on Princess and Royal Caribbean as well.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Nope...I booked direct.

When I had that happen, I sent an email to the CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com and they fixed it and sent me a link.

They no longer have a link for that on the move-up page so not sure if it still works.

Edited by Jim_Iain

21 hours ago, bumbles said:

I’m having the same issue as the OP. I tried your suggestion, but this picture doesn’t even show up on my reservation. Who knows. Guess I will have to contact Celebrity

Posted (edited)

OP here; Well, I've sent an email...we'll see if anything happens.  I'm not going to get bent out of shape if nothing comes of it.  It's just that we recently sailed in our very first suite (Princess) and I think we're spoiled to the core now!!! 😄

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 2

The website is quite flaky and I could provide a number of examples.

I'm wondering if the people who didn't receive the email, but were able to do a bid under "Manage Reservation" aren't signed up to receive notices.  I have always received an email about two days after Final Payment.

Yes it's a bit of a "game".  Those who book well in advance (e.g. 12 months) seem to get a price not beaten up to final payment,,and then after final payment if the cruise has a lot of empty staterooms, prices seem to drop.  In the same way, if there are lots of empty staterooms, I've seen the lower MoveUp bid level drop as the cruise date approaches.

OP here...I got a response from the email sent above which successfully gets me in to the bidding section. Thanks to all who replied. Now I've got some number crunching to do!

• Like 2

OK...consider me officially confused!  I got into the upgrade page.  I *assume* that the cabins are listed from the most spacious/desirable/expensive top to bottom down the left-hand side of the page.  It shows an Aqua Class Sky Suite above a "plain" Sky Suite at the very bottom of the list.

Is the only difference between these two cabins the addition of "AquaClass"...meaning access to Blu, etc.?

My confusion comes from the fact that the range of bidding is $0-$1650 for the AquaClass Sky Suite and the regular Sky Suite is $0-$2060...making it appear more expensive than the AquaClass Sky Suite.

What am I missing here?

19 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

OK...consider me officially confused!  I got into the upgrade page.  I *assume* that the cabins are listed from the most spacious/desirable/expensive top to bottom down the left-hand side of the page.  It shows an Aqua Class Sky Suite above a "plain" Sky Suite at the very bottom of the list.

Is the only difference between these two cabins the addition of "AquaClass"...meaning access to Blu, etc.?

My confusion comes from the fact that the range of bidding is $0-$1650 for the AquaClass Sky Suite and the regular Sky Suite is $0-$2060...making it appear more expensive than the AquaClass Sky Suite.

What am I missing here?

For us it would be the location of the Aqua Sky Suites on the S Class ships. The ASS used to be Sky Suite S1, before X rebranded them. You do get additional things. 

Dedicated spa concierge and personal consultant*

Complimentary fitness classes (Offering varies by cruise length)

56 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

For us it would be the location of the Aqua Sky Suites on the S Class ships. The ASS used to be Sky Suite S1, before X rebranded them. You do get additional things. 

Dedicated spa concierge and personal consultant*

Complimentary fitness classes (Offering varies by cruise length)

It sounds like you are saying that the AquaClass Sky Suite is "more desirable" as I suspected. Why then is the "plain" SkySuite showing as more for the bid?

On 7/24/2024 at 8:11 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

OP here...I got a response from the email sent above which successfully gets me in to the bidding section. Thanks to all who replied. Now I've got some number crunching to do!

Good to hear.   I was impressed every time I used that e-mail.   Usually response within one day.   Unique for Celebrity.

20 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It sounds like you are saying that the AquaClass Sky Suite is "more desirable" as I suspected. Why then is the "plain" SkySuite showing as more for the bid?

They only show the Generic Sky Suite which cover all three sub-classifications AquaClass Sky, Sky 1 and Sky 2.    It is possible you could get any of them but usually you get the lowest.  You can hope.   It is the same for all others with sub-classifications.

• Like 1