Unlimited dining…NOT!!!

We usually get the unlimited dining package with Celebrity. It USED to include all specialty dining (some with ala carte or upcharges) for both dinner and lunch, provided they were open. On a recent cruise, unlimited no longer meant unlimited. The new policy only allows you to use this for dinner every day but for lunch, only on sea days even though the restaurant is open. How is this unlimited??? We have complained for sure onboard and I will send a letter as well. I wanted to tell you so that you know how little you truly get with the “unlimited” dining package. We never would have bought this if we knew and we surely will not buy it again!

4 minutes ago, Dos Enchie said:

We usually get the unlimited dining package with Celebrity. It USED to include all specialty dining (some with ala carte or upcharges) for both dinner and lunch, provided they were open. On a recent cruise, unlimited no longer meant unlimited. The new policy only allows you to use this for dinner every day but for lunch, only on sea days even though the restaurant is open. How is this unlimited??? We have complained for sure onboard and I will send a letter as well. I wanted to tell you so that you know how little you truly get with the “unlimited” dining package. We never would have bought this if we knew and we surely will not buy it again!

Are you saying the specialty restaurants are open on port days?

Yes! Both Raw on 5 and Le Grand Bistro on the Beyond were open on a port day. We could not use our unlimited pkg at either place because it was not a sea day. Very frustrating!

I don't understand why you would complain or contact them.  The terms of the "unlimited" dining package are clearly stated if you booked this online:

Overview

Embark on a culinary journey with an Unlimited Dining Package. Enjoy access to specialty dining every night, plus lunch on sea days—so you’ll have even more chances to enjoy menus crafted by our Michelin-starred chef. Elevate your vacation to new heights of flavor and save.

Highlights

• Purchasing this package secures the package price, but the restaurant reservation time and venue must be made onboard. To make a reservation, simply visit any Specialty Dining Restaurant or Specialty Dining Reservation host stand on the first day of your cruise. Our Hosts will be there to assist you in making all of your Specialty Dining Reservations.

What's Included

• Specialty dining every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing only, a food credit* will be provided.
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Reading is fundamental..sounds like you either got lucky in the past or are just misremembering..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Seems it  is cleary spelled out. Did you read before buying it?

(OP. recently joined  this forum so not sure what history is with X?)

• Like 3

We have bought this package numerous times. Never had an issue until now. I think they recently changed it. Two waiters were even very confused about it and had to talk to their managers to find out the specifics. If the package did not say unlimited I would not be upset. 

1 hour ago, Dos Enchie said:

That is clearly not unlimited!  We have never had this issue in the past.

Then perhaps they changed it since you last sailed.  This happens, a LOT on Celebrity as well as MANY other cruise lines now.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dos Enchie said:

That is clearly not unlimited!  We have never had this issue in the past.

I guess it's like "All Included" which isn't.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

It has likely been changed from when you last sailed with Celebrity.  In their eyes it's still unlimited with the exception of port days.  Perhaps a better or less frustrating description would be unlimited specialty dining***  (some restrictions apply)....as they do with so many other descriptions for various things on their site.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

As an aside, I'm curious what and "Unlimited Specialty Dining" package costs pp for a typical 7 night cruise?  

For my 8-night Beyond, it's 519.84 before any discounts. So I'd guess a 7-night would be a smidge less?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

For my 8-night Beyond, it's 519.84 before any discounts. So I'd guess a 7-night would be a smidge less?

Not a bad deal...even if it's just for dinners...although I'd only do it on a ship with several specialties from which to choose (like Beyond).... Thanks!

• Like 2

the unlimited dining you are talking about was last offered in 2014. We  had this on Equinox.

The package includes: unlimited dinners in Murano,Tuscan and Silk Harvest. Unlimited Breakfast,

Lunch & Dinner at our Bistro on Five. Admission to Lunch in Tuscan Grille and Murano -at least once a cruise. Average cost for dinners alone  with this deal was $29 each grats included!!

Ahhh the good old days!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Not a bad deal...even if it's just for dinners...although I'd only do it on a ship with several specialties from which to choose (like Beyond).... Thanks!

For my 7 night the current price says $460 per adult 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So unlimited doesn’t mean unlimited?  More deceptive marketing I guess.  Who wants to excuse this as being ok?

Enjoy access to specialty dining every night, plus lunch on sea days

Just now, Liao said:

Enjoy access to specialty dining every night, plus lunch on sea days

Can you please explain what the word unlimited means?

Just now, zitsky said:

Can you please explain what the word unlimited means?

sorry I've closed Google for the evening and Mr Webster no longer lives here

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4