Potential Security Breach on Princess Website

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I don't envy the Princess phone support today!

They'll just put everyone on hold until they get frustrated and hang up.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

t I am still concerned about my PII being exposed, especially my passport info.

I couldn't see anyone elses passport info or other data except names & Booking Reference. You would still need DOB to access their booking when the site returns, so I don't think there is any actual Data Breach, just more concerned if someone could modify my booking or flights.

Edited by clarky213

13 minutes ago, clarky213 said:

I couldn't see anyone elses passport info or other data except names & Booking Reference. You would still need DOB to access their booking when the site returns, so I don't think there is any actual Data Breach, just more concerned if someone could modify my booking or flights.

I’m in the UK. Earlier this morning I logged onto my booking and it showed another couple. Their passport details and photos were the as well as credit card details.  That is definitely a data breach and I am now worried who has seen my details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sarahuk said:

I’m in the UK. Earlier this morning I logged onto my booking and it showed another couple. Their passport details and photos were the as well as credit card details.  That is definitely a data breach and I am now worried who has seen my details.

That brings a whole new perspective on this.

Ever thought about being a detective, I couldn't find anything like that.

Posted (edited)

My app link for packages took me to princess website, I was not logged in to the website. It was another person’s booking I had access to.  I didn’t try the travel summary link but I could see excursions, payments, OBC.

i was able to log in to the website a few times this morning and then no longer can.

Edited by dog

5 minutes ago, sarahuk said:

Have you advised princess about this? Could you see the whole of the card details?

Ohhhh My.....  Princess.... once again...  this is not okay.

I am not going to go online and do anything, as long as there are still reports of problems.

A gazillion people are all probably going crazy, trying different things, again and again.

well, my last 2 emails to my supposedly CVP have gone unanswered.   Unrelated, but now needing to make a final payment - I've got a few days before I have to call - ugh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

There is a banner on the website now, “Login and access to your booking is currently unavailable.  Please check back later.”

IMG_2764.thumb.png.4cf5d5f06ada97722d35da69556f2c85.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sarahuk said:

This needs reporting to the information commissioner for sure.

I could not see credit card details of any sort.  I did see names of passengers and possibly children (4 names on single booking), dates and location of cruise, OBC credit per person, payment amount due, and excursions.  What was weird is that when I went between each screen (payments, to summary, to excursions) the names and cruise details changed so it was different people each time it went to a new page.  Everything was okay on my windows laptop, but my iPad had the issue.

• Like 1

Thankfully the credit card details were only the last digits but if there was a passport in there, you could see it, delete it etc. DOB, home address all there to see. Paid dining reservations, spa services, all there to see, edit etc. you could go right into the cruise personalizer with all of this detail. Unscrupulous actors will have had access to this data 

And yes, depending on the tile you clicked on a different cruise came up. Click on excursions a cruise to Alaska came up. Click on spa services I'm now on an Australian cruise with exposure to these unknowing peoples personal info . Total cluster.  

As soon as I was actually able to get into my real cruise i deleted as much info as i could until this settles down . Very curious t see if Princess puts out a public statement. I just got a mea culpa from Ticketmaster advising of their data breach, Princess should be legislated to to the same 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Scirocco Breeze said:

This needs reporting to the information commissioner for sure.

The ICO website (information commissioner’s office) has a live chat and a phone helpline

they will probably ask for people to complain to Princess directly too, as they will be interested in the response. You can then send them the response and details of your concern

it won’t hurt to live chat with them first though

I will be interested to know when they send out an email & what it says. informing us of the breach, how people may have been impacted, and what they have done about it, because they HAVE to do that.

This is a nightmare for them but I hope they do what’s needed- send out email informing of breach, informing the ICO themselves, work with their own Information officer and legal, make sure the breach is shut down and what they are going to do to prevent it happening again. Without that they risk a very high fine from the IC

this and Park 19 all in one week. Not a good look

• Like 3

Where are passport details stored on cruise personaliser?  I thought that was limited to the app so they would not have been part of the data seen by other people.

if you go onto the link that says " try our web version instead" all of the info including DOB, passport , security photos, medallion ordering, dine my way... all there to be edited as if you were the authorized user

It is possible that this is due to the Global IT outage, Cloud Strike.

Seems it has affected some of the cruiselines websites.  IDK about PCL.  Wait and see. 

• Like 1

Interesting.  When I went into the web version of the app, I only saw my data.  Very strange how each browser/platform showed different data to everyone.  Princess could be in for a very large fine in the UK and Europe.

I am really hoping that folks who aren't seeing their own information were somehow connected to a test database and not real data.  And I hope that the folks with access to the Princess website are just cruisers who are less likely to mess with other people's bookings if it is real data.  What a giant mess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1