Potential Security Breach on Princess Website

There was an error in the processing of your request. Please check the information and try again. If you continue to have problems, please call 1-800-PRINCESS and we will be happy to assist you

Looks like they may have caught it and have shut things down to sort out 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was just able to log in and see my own info using Chrome.  I sure hope it's fixed now and no damage was done.  I also hope that Princess reaches out to those whose data was breached and ensures that no long term impacts happen.  Very scary!

7 minutes ago, grimace95120 said:

There was an error in the processing of your request. Please check the information and try again. If you continue to have problems, please call 1-800-PRINCESS and we will be happy to assist you

Looks like they may have caught it and have shut things down to sort out 

Nope it is still happening. Each time I get a new person's name and itinerary. 

ya me too, spoke too soon. The real issue is that you can go right into someone else's cruise personalizer. If you've uploaded your passport it will be visible to anyone. The credit card info is not complete so that's reasonably safe, but the passport Info is worrisome . 

37 minutes ago, memoak said:

I am on my account now all I see is my cruises. If there is an issue it is the browsers not Princess  I am on safari. Don’t blame Princess for a browser issue

@memoak   

I am a software engineer and I can categorically say this is a major princess issue .

Browsers only show what data is pushed to them.  The only way for it to show other peoples data is if it is pushed to them  by the  princess data base.

Your browser is a bit like your TV,  it only shows what the TV station transmits.  

Please be carefully in makings uninformed   additional  comments

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

no way this is a browser issue. This is access to personal data. You could literally delete someone's dining reservations, deleted their travel docs, charge a bunch of stuff to their room etc. I'm not usually a sky is falling kinda guy but when someone can do this and mess up all of your info, I'm more than concerned  

• Like 1

Oh my gosh, this is a terrible breach and I hope that they fix it soon.  

I signed into my account on safari on my Mac laptop and got into my account.  I don't have any cruises booked but do have deposits.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, grimace95120 said:

no way this is a browser issue. This is access to personal data. You could literally delete someone's dining reservations, deleted their travel docs, charge a bunch of stuff to their room etc. I'm not usually a sky is falling kinda guy but when someone can do this and mess up all of your info, I'm more than concerned  

So why when I log in shy do I only see my own data ?

1 minute ago, memoak said:

So why when I log in shy do I only see my own data ?

@memoak

Often data systems are "replicated",  so there is multiple sources of data. 

This is done around the world to speed up internet access. I.e Making the information "local"

So it means , if the data is out of sync, different locations can see the information presented differently

• Like 1

Has it not occurred to anybody hear that, if there is a major issue, logging in with your personal information might be a bad thing to do? 🙄

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Has it not occurred to anybody hear that, if there is a major issue, logging in with your personal information might be a bad thing to do? 🙄

Nope sure didn't, good point.

Still happening on website - Firefox and on iPhone.

app is fine- only my bookings show in app.

website - trouble logging in- can’t tell which cruise I’m looking at- says I purchased Premier!!!

Well I finally booked a cruise after two years and the system had a panic attack. 😀  Here I thought all was hunky dory because I was able to book dining on the app. 

Posted (edited)

I logged in and got the cruise booking for a woman named Lynne in Sydney, Australia. I wonder if anyone has accessed my information?

Update: I just tried again and can't log in. Hopefully that means my data is safe from others.

Edited by Teechur

No log in prompt to allow me to enter info to access my account.  Hope that means they are working on it. But so odd that people are still able to acces other peoples’ bookings. 

I hope they fix this quickly.  Want to book Alaska tomorrow!

Just now, Teechur said:

I logged in and got the cruise booking for a woman named Lynne in Sydney, Australia. I wonder if anyone has accessed my information?

Yep….that’s my concern too!

I can't imagine Princess cruisers intentionally vandalizing other people's bookings.

If outsiders have access though, it could be a painful and expensive breach.