Unlimited Dining: Symphony 8/9/24

16 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

I know they 'said' that you could book restaurants BEFORE the cruise (after they tested it on ICON) BUT I still do NOT see it on Symphony for their 8/9/24 sailing.

Any thoughts? 

It hasn't been rolled out on any ship yet... Including Icon.

Posted (edited)

JMO, but while it would be a nice option, other dining scheduling (such as MTD) can be a pain to do on the planner.  We have never had an issue scheduling the dining packages as soon as we get on board.  Any specialty restaurant maître d can schedule all restaurants for the week in about 10 minutes in person and can set the best times based on availability and your preferences.  This always works very easily for us. Again, JMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, artvlay said:

How do I make a reservation for the first night?

You can't per-cruise. Go to any specialty dining venue when you board to make all of them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2024 at 11:14 PM, artvlay said:

I have unlimited package on Odyssey in a few months. How do I make a reservation for the first night?

I agree with the strategy of @leaveitallbehind .  We have always made reservations asap after boarding.  Assuming you are not in a suite?

If in a suite (above a JS), the shoreside concierge will contact you about a week in advance of your cruise and you can make all your dining reservations (CK, Specialty).

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 3

On 7/29/2024 at 1:43 PM, Happytime22 said:

I know they 'said' that you could book restaurants BEFORE the cruise (after they tested it on ICON) BUT I still do NOT see it on Symphony for their 8/9/24 sailing.

Any thoughts? 

You can only book onboard.  Suggest if you are fussy about time, go to any specialty restaurant on board as soon as you board and book.  You can reserve all dinners for any restaurant at any restaurant.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

You can only book onboard.  Suggest if you are fussy about time, go to any specialty restaurant on board as soon as you board and book.  You can reserve all dinners for any restaurant at any restaurant.  

Don’t forget about the lunch’s which are normally available only on sea days but included in package.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 11:05 AM, George C said:

We always book grand suites and we get a email approximately 5 days before sailing , we love UDP , and have concierge book at least the first couple of nights.

Have you booked the UDP on some of the older ships with fewer restaurants, and no CK?  We will be on INDY for twelve nights in a GS.  Only Chops and Giovani's and then others with food credits.  That is a limited selection for 12 nights and the UDP price even with a discount is really expensive.  So not worth it to us.  We are hoping they offer 3 to 5 night packages once on board but so far they are not offered in advance online.  We can use our D+ BOGO on nights one and two.  Then a lesser dining package.  The remainder will be MDR, Windjammer and maybe room service.

58 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Have you booked the UDP on some of the older ships with fewer restaurants, and no CK?  We will be on INDY for twelve nights in a GS.  Only Chops and Giovani's and then others with food credits.  That is a limited selection for 12 nights and the UDP price even with a discount is really expensive.  So not worth it to us.  We are hoping they offer 3 to 5 night packages once on board but so far they are not offered in advance online.  We can use our D+ BOGO on nights one and two.  Then a lesser dining package.  The remainder will be MDR, Windjammer and maybe room service.

In past on older ships we did lots of 5 night packages. I would still consider booking  a UDP most ships also have Izumi besides chops and either Giovanni’s or Jamie’s . I doubt i would book anything but oasis class and really looking forward to MSc YC , also prefer celebrity since they have a better suite restaurant and lounge. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, artvlay said:

Getting the UDP for Odyssey transatlantic in November. Will it be necessary to make reservations for lunch or can we leisurely walk in ?

Unlikely the venue would be booked to capacity for lunch so walking in should be fine. 

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We are hoping they offer 3 to 5 night packages once on board

I'm surprised that you aren't seeing the 3/5 night packages on a 12 night sailing.  Are you looking online or just on the app ?  We have a 10 night sailing on EX in March 2025 and I have already secured a 5 night plan for that one.  Keep checking.  I feel confident that the other plans will show up.

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Curious to know with the UDP do you need to make reservations for lunch on sea days as well as your dinner reservations?

We did make reservations for lunch also .

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I'm surprised that you aren't seeing the 3/5 night packages on a 12 night sailing.  Are you looking online or just on the app ?  We have a 10 night sailing on EX in March 2025 and I have already secured a 5 night plan for that one.  Keep checking.  I feel confident that the other plans will show up.

Yeah will keep checking.  Not available yet.  Cruise is May 2025.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

When I've purchased a UDP package, I go through the Cruise Planner and find out what restaurants are open on which days for lunch. Then, I make a list of the reservations I want for dinners and lunches. We go to lunch on day 1 in a specialty restaurant, and I had the staff person at the podium a tip and my list, requesting they make the reservations for the entire cruise for me.

On the Freedom next month my sister and I have 7 dinners and 4 lunches we will reserve. I may use the package for a JR afternoon visit one day with another friend on the ship.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, pcur said:

When I've purchased a UDP package, I go through the Cruise Planner and find out what restaurants are open on which days for lunch. Then, I make a list of the reservations I want for dinners and lunches. We go to lunch on day 1 in a specialty restaurant, and I had the staff person at the podium a tip and my list, requesting they make the reservations for the entire cruise for me.

On the Freedom next month my sister and I have 7 dinners and 4 lunches we will reserve. I may use the package for a JR afternoon visit one day with another friend on the ship.

You mention that you go to lunch on Day 1, embarkation day. Is that included in the UDP? I thought that it was only sea days.

5 hours ago, artvlay said:

You mention that you go to lunch on Day 1, embarkation day. Is that included in the UDP? I thought that it was only sea days.

I've done this for 3 cruises with the UDP. If it's listed as open, then you can go. You have to do a "ghost" purchase for "specialty restaurant lunch", or "lunch at Chops", etc. to find what's open on Day 1. (Then abandon the reservatin). Walk-in when they open and tell them you have purchased the UDP.