b2b question

Posted (edited)

If I am incorrect perhaps someone will correct me, but I do no believe so as from the cruise line's perspective, these are just separate following itineraries on which you happen to be booked.

I know that they will assist with a rapid reprocessing of customs and immigration, and may have a lounge open for you to wait in while the ship is cleared.  But other than that I am not aware of anything else done as special attention during the cruises.

If you are changing staterooms with any of the cruises, they will assist in moving you to the new stateroom.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We have our first real b2b in over a decade, coming up next spring. We decided to splurge and book the same SkySuite, for both legs of the cruise. That way, even with any new/unknown procedures, we at least know that on turnaround day: a) we don't have to change cabins; b) the Retreat will be our departure lounge; and c) after our re-boarding/check-in, we'll have lunch in Luminae. 😎

1 hour ago, poinsettiaplate said:

Do Celebrity ships have special events, hosted meals, socials, etc, for those who are doing b2b or b2b2b?

No, only a group meeting before turnaround day to discuss logistics of the B2B process.  Wow.  Just remembering that on our last B2B, we had all to take a 2nd COVID test the day before turnaround so they could decide whether to let us back on the ship!  Sure glad those days are behind us.

But while no social events, you always have the special pleasure of seeing all of those suitcases departing to head home with their owners, knowing that yours aren't among them.

• Like 2

B2B's are usually invited to the Concierge Lunch in the MDR.  There is little else for B2B passengers.    The one advantage is that after B2B processing you have full run of the ship for a couple hours before they begin general boarding.    Al Bacio remains open.   

Often especially in Europe they have a couple B2B excursions (for a fee that can be fun.

4 hours ago, canderson said:

No, only a group meeting before turnaround day to discuss logistics of the B2B process.  Wow.  Just remembering that on our last B2B, we had all to take a 2nd COVID test the day before turnaround so they could decide whether to let us back on the ship!  Sure glad those days are behind us.

But while no social events, you always have the special pleasure of seeing all of those suitcases departing to head home with their owners, knowing that yours aren't among them.

For us, there was no meeting prior, only a letter left in the room the night before.  It explained where to meet, it was in a crew meeting room, we waited for 45 minutes because a few B2Bers were stragglers.  They gave us an envelope with our new sea cards, told us not to open until we were re-boarding.  We all were led off the ship, carried our passports which we were never asked for.  Then we just circled back and re-boarded.  This was in Miami.

On our last B2B we planned a day excursion, via celebrity private excursions, to an Italian town to see the very special local art/mosaics and history. We left the ship by car at about 9AM and returned at about 2PM....no crowds to speak of getting on and off and our new cruise cards were waiting at security for us (since we missed the group off and on the ship routine) on our return. We had the same room both legs. Great way to spend the day if there are things that you want to see locally.

I have a question about carrying on wine on a back-to-back.  If we bring 2 bottles each on our first cruise, if they will not allow us to bring them all onboard at that time, will they hold the extra 2 bottles and return them to us when the second cruise begins?  I don't want to break their rules, but we would enjoy our own wine selection for the second leg and it will not be convenient to purchase at the port on turnaround day.  Has anyone had experience with this?  Thank you.

Cheryl 

On several of our B2B two other things happened. In Italy we were offered excursions just for B2B cruisers, which were great. I remember two specific of Tuscany. Also, at b2b meetings raffles have been held where they had a drawing for free specialty dinning, spa certificate, champagne and wines give aways and other things. Every cruise is different, period and you never know what to expect. Just be happy when anything good happens. 

Procedures can vary.  Our last 2 B2Bs we were not invited to the Concierge lunch nor could the Butler or Cabin Attendants assist with moving clothing on hangers, everything had to be packed.  

In both cases there were about 400 B2B passengers more than the ship felt they could handle in addition to the boarding concierge passengers.  Most recent there were 200+ changing cabins.