Bumped from Cunard Cruise

The TA I use always forwards any monies paid directly to Cunard or P&O at time of payment. On checking my Banking App the amount paid is shown immediately as paid to Cunard or P&O. I am sorry but if this happened to me I would want strong words with Senior Manager of TA and to say that they will be hearing from my solicitor and all monies paid, out of pocket expenses and compensation would be claimed in court action.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

The TA I use always forwards any monies paid directly to Cunard or P&O at time of payment. On checking my Banking App the amount paid is shown immediately as paid to Cunard or P&O. I am sorry but if this happened to me I would want strong words with Senior Manager of TA and to say that they will be hearing from my solicitor and all monies paid, out of pocket expenses and compensation would be claimed in court action.

I will wait and see what the OP's answer is as to when the payment was paid. If it is a TA tardiness in paying issue then I completely agree with you but I would add if there's any upgrade of cabin available, then that should be given in compensation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

If as is said there is a cabin available,  even if PG , then read riot act to TA or Cunard  whoever responsible for glitch.  Say you'll have that at no extra charge thank you. 

The PG cabin is on the Queen Anne round trip from Southampton that @Pushpit suggested as a possible alternative. The OP's sailing is completely sold out at the moment. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nm hehappysailing said:

The 28 day starts Sept 23 Trieste and ends in Southampton Oct 21, via Malta, Turkey , Greece , Spain etc . We’ve planning it since early November . 

23 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Is it sold out leg by leg

Not entirely sold out. The section V423A 30 September to 7 October has plenty of availability, that's Barcelona to Istanbul, and 2 October to 21 October, IST to SOU which is V423D has Inside and Oceanview going. While far from ideal, there are some options to consider / negotiate here.

In the ideal world that we don't inhabit, pending a through cabin becoming available, I would see if Cunard would allow Queen Anne to Cadiz (22 September to 25 September) then joining QV in Barcelona 3 days later with a couple of days in Madrid / Seville or Granada.

• Like 4

My TA (my daughter) would be livid. She would be on their case till they did something. If they can’t get you on then full refund and  future cruise credit. So sorry hope it works out for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pushpit said:

Not entirely sold out. The section V423A 30 September to 7 October has plenty of availability, that's Barcelona to Istanbul, and 2 October to 21 October, IST to SOU which is V423D has Inside and Oceanview going. While far from ideal, there are some options to consider / negotiate here.

In the ideal world that we don't inhabit, pending a through cabin becoming available, I would see if Cunard would allow Queen Anne to Cadiz (22 September to 25 September) then joining QV in Barcelona 3 days later with a couple of days in Madrid / Seville or Granada.

Changing to QA is not ideal because they're traveling with other people.

If two legs of the QV cruise have availability, Cunard should hold a cabin for those legs, even if it isn't the same cabin. That would fulfil part of the booking, then just hope the remaining pieces become available. 

• Like 3

I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this stress.  When I pay for cruise with a credit card, does not matter who I pay I receive an alert on my phone that a charge of $$$$ was charged to the cruise line.  This alert is received within minutes of the payment being made.

Hope you get this solved to your satisfaction real soon.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Changing to QA is not ideal because they're traveling with other people.

If two legs of the QV cruise have availability, Cunard should hold a cabin for those legs, even if it isn't the same cabin. That would fulfil part of the booking, then just hope the remaining pieces become available. 

The whole show is less than ideal, I fully agree. But yes, holding whatever is available would be a good first move and then it's just Trieste to Barcelona, which is much easier to handle than the full 28 days. 

I really do hope it works out somehow, since the QV would be tremendous with that sort of schedule. One can get a bit jaded by all Cunard's repeat visits but the original V422F has some really good ports on it, plus passing by Gallipoli / Anzac Cove. The disappointment of the OP is more than understandable.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/find-a-cruise/V422F/V422F

Edited by Pushpit
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, moses0 said:

My TA (my daughter) would be livid. She would be on their case till they did something. If they can’t get you on then full refund and  future cruise credit. So sorry hope it works out for you. 

If the mess up was at Cunard's end then yes, a livid TA would be a huge asset.

If the mess up was with the TA then it has nothing to do with Cunard and I would be livid with the TA.

At the moment, all we know is there's been a mess up but at what point, none of us know so hopefully  Nm hehappysailing will find out and we'll know who to be livid with.

Either way, a decent resolution is needed and hopefully will ensue one way or another.

• Like 3

In Australia if using a TA. I pay TA and TA pays Cunard  Immediatey on payment to Cunard, Cunard sends a confirmation itinerary showing fully paid to the TA who should immediately pass on to passenger. Ask TA for this confirmation Cunard itinerary, then you will have somewhere to follow up.

hope it all resolves. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, King Amo said:

Indeed, and we've discussed this before too. I paid my TA for our latest trip, and the bank statement shows them rather than Cunard. Nothing is cut and dried here. 

I just checked our credit card statement  and definitely shows the transaction by the TA  on June 7 and cleared (?) by June 10 (I’ve blocked the agency name in the image, I had even made extra payments to ensure the visa process fee was paid , as their t&c IMG_2993.thumb.jpeg.7f36336a80fb12a36c345a87d04186ed.jpegdemands it but doesn’t include it in the total . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

I will wait and see what the OP's answer is as to when the payment was paid. If it is a TA tardiness in paying issue then I completely agree with you but I would add if there's any upgrade of cabin available, then that should be given in compensation.

We paid the deposit back in November and according to the TA terms , balance to be paid by June 10. I had confirmed with TA  a week or so earlier the amount , and paid the balance on June 7. Which our credit card statement also shows the transaction date (June 7) and fully processed by Visa by June 10.   This was also reflected in the TAs statement to us both then and even yesterday still showing our booking as confirmed . 

IMG_2993.jpeg

IMG_2994.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

If as is said there is a cabin available,  even if PG , then read riot act to TA or Cunard  whoever responsible for glitch.  Say you'll have that at no extra charge thank you. 

Thanks - what’s PG? 

Posted (edited)

Princess Grill

Did you get the revised confirmation issued by CUNARD showing the balance fully paid?  And on the date you paid the agency? That is the key... it's not what you paid the agency, it's what Cunard received... and when. That will be reflected in the revised confirmation which is auto generated when the agency pays Cunard the final balance.  

Edited by WantedOnVoyage
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nm hehappysailing said:

Unfortunately not . Didn’t know any better .  It’s a large well known TA and I didn’t know anything was amiss until I could no longer log into MyCunard . 

As I as back in #37, in order to see 'who messed up' and therefore who where the snafu lie, the next step is to find out when the monies were handed over to Cunard and as the margin between you paying and Cunard payment due date seem to be fine so something has happened big style, be it computer or human glitch and at which point.

Cunard don't usually talk to a client if a TA has made the arrangements but in this case, I think you'd be perfectly entitled to push for an answer from Cunard itself if your agent won't help.

Edited by Victoria2
if, not of
  • Like 3

Ask for the Cunard payment Invoice from your TA . This is immediately sent to TA from Cunard when TA activates the payment(same day) If TA is unable to provide this invoice, payment has not been passed on to Cunard. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nm hehappysailing said:

Unfortunately not . Didn’t know any better .  It’s a large well known TA and I didn’t know anything was amiss until I could no longer log into MyCunard . 

Personally I cannot see this being a Cunard problem (although it is not impossible) as it would almost certainly have happened to others and if there had been a glitch at Cunard's end they why did your TA not pick up on it?

I would suggest that you escalate the problem up the TA chain, to the CEO.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, david63 said:

Personally I cannot see this being a Cunard problem (although it is not impossible) as it would almost certainly have happened to others and if there had been a glitch at Cunard's end they why did your TA not pick up on it?

I would suggest that you escalate the problem up the TA chain, to the CEO.

Whoever is responsible, the more weight from the TA, the quicker a solution will be found.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daisybel said:

Ask for the Cunard payment Invoice from your TA . This is immediately sent to TA from Cunard when TA activates the payment(same day) If TA is unable to provide this invoice, payment has not been passed on to Cunard. 

This.

When you paid your travel agent the balance, they then would have paid Cunard on your behalf. Immediately upon the TA paying Cunard they would have received an email FROM CUNARD with several attachments including the Guest Confirmation (plus Agent Confirmation, Terms and Conditions, etc, etc). Please ask them to forward you the Guest Confirmation FROM CUNARD showing your booking was paid in full. If the TA is unable to do that, then this solves your issue as to where the problem was created, as it was created by the TA. You should then be able to use this knowledge to push the TA and their agency to use their resources to solve the problem they created. 

• Like 4

If this was a Cunard error,the TA and agency should subtly or not so subtly threaten to defer any bookings until Cunard makes it right. If it’s the TA error they should make it right including going out of pocket if they care about their reputation 

• Like 4