linking credit card to account

CruisinCrow

I already did the online check in but I don't see any place where I can add my credit card information for the sign and sail card.  Is that something we have to do at the port or after we get on the ship?  We'll be on Seashore.

Posted (edited)

There are kiosks various places around guest services and the deck above where you can do this.  Even when you are offered the opportunity to add it online, it may not take and have to be done own the ship.  If it seems to have taken but you are t sure you can go to one of the machines with your ship card and credit card, place your ship card on the screen and it will tell you if you already have a card registered.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 2

Even if you register you card on the ship, there's no real rush to do so. You don't have to wait on the line to register your card right after embarkation. You can do it at night or the next day when there are no lines. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Even if you register you card on the ship, there's no real rush to do so. You don't have to wait on the line to register your card right after embarkation. You can do it at night or the next day when there are no lines. 

This is good advice, no rush..

3 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

I already did the online check in but I don't see any place where I can add my credit card information for the sign and sail card.  Is that something we have to do at the port or after we get on the ship?  We'll be on Seashore.

Did not add cc at on-line checkin time, not necessary. Just off Magnifica. You can now add cc information once on ship and on the App, it was very easy to do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

Or don't if you don't plan on having any charges 

You would need something registered to cover daily grats. 

🙋‍♀️ Anyone - When do those get added - daily, lump sum at beginning, or lump sum at end? First time on MSC next week and I'd like to be prepared. TIA 

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

🙋‍♀️ Anyone - When do those get added - daily, lump sum at beginning, or lump sum at end? First time on MSC next week and I'd like to be prepared. TIA 

Lump sum day 2 usually

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to complete my online check in to get my boarding pass , but doesn't let me finish it. When opening 'credit card' section, app just goes white and doesn't respond. But on the main page I see a tick near "complete check in". But I don't see a tick near "view boarding pass".

15 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

There are some kiosks on board. It is veeeeeery easy to do it. 

They will charge 250$ (or 250€, depending on the ship) to your card and it will be refunded after the bill is done.

It is enough to do once for all passengers in the same cabin.

Once you have done, you cannot change to another card

Important.... you can do it until second day by 23:00. After it, your cruise card will be blocked.

(you do not have to do the first thing you do after embarking. Just do not forget it)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

actually, you don't.  I've never registered a CC in 10 cruises.  CC is not the only way to pay the hotel charge

19 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

On my recent MSC cruises, it was added as a lump sum on day 2 or 3.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Last cruise on day 2.  EM

This is only a 4 day cruise, so there's not much difference in between days, lol, but still want to be prepared. 

Somewhat related question. My sisters and I are all in same cabin. Three of us. Can we each add a credit card to allow each of our charges and gratuities to go to our individual cards?  thx... 

8 minutes ago, bertha said:

Somewhat related question. My sisters and I are all in same cabin. Three of us. Can we each add a credit card to allow each of our charges and gratuities to go to our individual cards?  thx... 

Yes!

Download the MSC and Me app. I did before we left for the port and I added it there. You can link people to it. You can also upload a better pic of yourself if the one you originally took looked like an inmate pic! My laptop took a pic when I wasn't even ready and on the app you can retake it. They also take a new one anyway at the port when you check in.

On 8/1/2024 at 7:27 PM, Haljo1935 said:

Just register your credit card using a kiosk or app. 

On 8/6/2024 at 3:07 PM, bertha said:

JamieLogical is correct.  When you scan your cruise card at the kiosk you will be presented with the list of persons in that cabin to be included on the credit card you are registering. You select the names then continue with the process. If you do it this way each person in the cabin not selected must then register a credit card. BTW, this is also the way you can block children from charging. Don’t select their names when registering your credit card for that cabin.

or you can choose to stand in line at Guest Services the night before disembarkation.  😟. Clearly not the preferred solution in my mind.

if you do not want to register a credit card, or do not have one, you may ‘deposit’ cash on your ship account. There are specific kiosks that will accept cash, like an ATM. Or you can stand in line at Guest Services. ☹️