The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 5th, 2024

Posted (edited)

At least some parts of Alachua County had 9 inches of rain and an 11-hour outage [I did anyway] My power was fixed just after Noon. It's still raining with the rainbands, Debby still hanging around, she is very slow moving - our area still in TS strength winds and gusts. But no other damage but a few small limbs off the pine tree. 

Edited by Happily@Sea
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 14

Posted (edited)

CC is really frustrating me these last few days - yesterday it was stripping pictures, today it keeps eating my post. I'm going to try this one more time, after which if it disappears, I'll be waving the white flag.🤔

Here's an abridged version: first MSC cruise ⛴️, status matched to Diamond, booked OV Gty & when I received cabin assignment today it's an unobstructed balcony. Insert [Happy Dance] here.😎

Also received an invite to bid on an upgrade, which I'm going to pass on (and hope that does not negatively impact future offers). $65 for a premium balcony I don't think is horrible, but I want to see how I like the balcony I got (which looks larger than some) before I pay to change. Part of this test is to see how well I can tolerate spending less on bookings so I can cruise more; buying the upgrade kinda voids that part of the test.

$350 including trip protection for 4 nights solo balcony. Used a trip credit for the ✈️ ✈️. No parking at airport as DH will drop me off & pick me up.

Printed boarding pass & luggage 🧳 tags today.

Neurologist appt was frustrating this morning - he was 90 min late. Luckily I was 2nd person called back, so I was still able to make a work call that I was hosting that I couldn't move. Instead of signing the leave papers, he took me off the medication. 🤷‍♀️

Tomorrow AM is OT, probably the last one.

Unfortunately disappointing day for USA 🇺🇸 female gymnastics today.

🙏 those in Debby's path stay safe.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all.

Starboard, mid-ship. I prefer port (when I can't have aft) and don't like connecting cabins...

Screenshot_20240805_083234_Chrome.thumb.jpg.82faacfd7e87a499160c7bc70894fdc5.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Upload
  • Like 18

Posted (edited)

Update.

We still have electricity and WiFi.

I have the Weather Channel on and they just announced that my Little Town of Bluffton is getting 7 inches of rain per hour.

We keep getting emergency messages on our phones and the TV keeps saying that a “Flash Flood Warning has been issued for our area”

This is not making me happy.

Prayers needed.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 15

5 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Update.

We still have electricity and WiFi.

I have the Weather Channel on and they just announced that my Little Town of Bluffton is getting 7 inches of rain per hour.

We keep getting emergency messages on our phones and the TV keeps saying that a “Flash Flood Warning has been issued for our area”

This is not making me happy.

Prayers needed.

Terri

Terri, prayers are definitely coming your way. Please reconsider evacuating to somewhere inland if possible. Your lives are at stake.🙏❤️

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Terri, prayers are definitely coming your way. Please reconsider evacuating to somewhere inland if possible. Your lives are at stake.🙏❤️

There is no place to go. It’s dark and it is dangerous to drive.  We are staying put.  The safest place to go closest to us is Birmingham. AL. that is a one day drive.  Not going to do it.  Not in this kind of rain.  We will stay put.  I am scared to death, but driving is worse.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

25 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

There is no place to go. It’s dark and it is dangerous to drive.  We are staying put.  The safest place to go closest to us is Birmingham. AL. that is a one day drive.  Not going to do it.  Not in this kind of rain.  We will stay put.  I am scared to death, but driving is worse.

Terri

Have you notified your local law enforcement or fire department that you didn't evacuate so they would know to look for you in case something does happen? 

I agree driving in the dark would not be wise. I pray 🙏you stay safe.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Have you notified your local law enforcement or fire department that you didn't evacuate so they would know to look for you in case something does happen? 

I agree driving in the dark would not be wise. I pray 🙏you stay safe.

There has been no evacuation order.  The governor did not even declare a state of emergency.  Without those in place there is no one to notify.

i see that Jim Cantore is in Charleston. 

As I said before, there is no place to go.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@JazzyV  @bennybear  @marshhawk

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I had a good day yesterday, I got to spend a happy few hours with my wonderful husband, my mum, 2 brothers, niece and her husband and my great-niece.  

Belated Birthday Wishes!!  Happy that you had a wonderful day yesterday celebrating with your family. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

There has been no evacuation order.  The governor did not even declare a state of emergency.  Without those in place there is no one to notify.

Terri

Prayers for you and your husband.  May God help everyone in Debby’s path.  

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terri

I thought I read yesterday that the governor declared a state of emergency.

• Like 7

Good evening. Thank you to everyone who wished DGD Summer a happy birthday yesterday. She had a good day starting with lunch out with us and then a movie with her father and his SO. When they brought her home we had birthday cake. It’s a purchased Oreo cake and quite good, it’s almost gone. 

Happy Birthday to @cunnorl and @lobsternight!!  

Congratulations on your new granddaughter @Heartgrove!!

Have a lovely evening everyone!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terri

Terri, it's good you still have power and internet.  Yhank you for checking in qne keeping us updated.  Positve thoughts headed your way for making it through the storm without any problems.

Lenda

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

CC is really frustrating me these last few days - yesterday it was stripping pictures, today it keeps eating my post. I'm going to try this one more time, after which if it disappears, I'll be waving the white flag.🤔

Here's an abridged version: first MSC cruise ⛴️, status matched to Diamond, booked OV Gty & when I received cabin assignment today it's an unobstructed balcony. Insert [Happy Dance] here.😎

Also received an invite to bid on an upgrade, which I'm going to pass on (and hope that does not negatively impact future offers). $65 for a premium balcony I don't think is horrible, but I want to see how I like the balcony I got (which looks larger than some) before I pay to change. Part of this test is to see how well I can tolerate spending less on bookings so I can cruise more; buying the upgrade kinda voids that part of the test.

$350 including trip protection for 4 nights solo balcony. Used a trip credit for the ✈️ ✈️. No parking at airport as DH will drop me off & pick me up.

Printed boarding pass & luggage 🧳 tags today.

Neurologist appt was frustrating this morning - he was 90 min late. Luckily I was 2nd person called back, so I was still able to make a work call that I was hosting that I couldn't move. Instead of signing the leave papers, he took me off the medication. 🤷‍♀️

Tomorrow AM is OT, probably the last one.

Unfortunately disappointing day for USA 🇺🇸 female gymnastics today.

🙏 those in Debby's path stay safe.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all.

Starboard, mid-ship. I prefer port (when I can't have aft) and don't like connecting cabins...

Screenshot_20240805_083234_Chrome.thumb.jpg.82faacfd7e87a499160c7bc70894fdc5.jpg

Enjoy the MSC Magnifica! On the other site that offers deck plans, there is a video for 10088 which is in the same category as your stateroom but without the connecting door. This is the class before my favorite Fantasia-clas (Divina) but is about a 7/8ths version of that class. The Magnifica was built later than it's other three sisters and is the only one with a Magrodome roof. We have booked a cruise on it from Barcelona to Valencia for May 2025 so looking forward to what you think. Three day cruises do have a reputation for being party cruises though.

Bon Voyage!

- Jack

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Terri, Staying put tonight is safest. But prepare yourselves. Get what you can UP. I don’t know your house but getting things UP could be important. Even just onto tables.

Draw drinking water while you can. Get anything you’ll need higher up in the house, then work on anything you can to save things from possible damage.

Can you stay in an upper level of the house?  Could you get out of an upper level if you needed to?  Would you need a tool to do that?

I hope you don’t need any of these precautions but better to be prepared and not needed. 

Breathe, in and out. We’re all on your side!  You’re very strong and you’ll do ok but you might have to do things to help yourselves. Food, water, warmth like blankets. Meds. 
Get things you might need into ziplock bags, containers, garbage bags. Flashlights to signal for help, and batteries. Change of clothes. Protective gear like gardening gloves, shoes.

We’ll be sending out the prayers. You will get through this, even if it’s ugly!  And chances are that it won’t be as ugly as imagined!  Keep calm and together!  Every Blessing

m—

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 14